• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social: Cross-dimensional chatter. Now featuring mesphereomeantoliopeme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never really thought aluminum foil or tin foil could be bad for health to smoke off (I mean: even if the metal oxidizes it still would not fly into your lungs, right?) but apparently many people consider it a no-no. There's association with Alzheimer's and other diseases, they say. I remain skeptical that vaping temperatures could do anything to the metal or create any volatility. Can someone shine a light on this?

I share this belief. Heat it way higher than usual vaping temps to burn the nasties off and you should be fine, I'd think. Aluminium melts over 600 and boils well over 2000 degrees celsius, I just can't imagine any significant vapour pressure at 2-300 degrees. Pans and pots are frequently made of aluminium, so I guess it's safe to assume that a) the intake via food is higher than with smoking off foil and b) both together are no real health concern. But I could be wrong of course :D

On a side note: I just finished a lab course in synthetic inorganic chemistry and would not have imagined it to be that intriguing and lots of fun (although not much worked the way it should; damn you, research! =D). Adding metal-carbon-bonds to the repertoire really adds a whole new dimension of diversity :)

Spent the last few weekends mainly working and/or studying, only enjoying one or two beers in the evening. I hope to find the proper time and calmness for tripping in the next couple of months. I'd love to try smallish doses of mxe and 4-HO-MET combined though I imagine the timing to be tricky. At first I thought about plugging a solution with both doses but this way the tryptamine is likely to peak a bit slower, I think. Which, on the other hand, could be a good thing. Any of you guys tried something like that and/or would venture a guess or advise?

Wish you guys a nice sunday and a great start into the new week :)

The most common argument by people against smoking off foil is "Sure you say it won't burn, but look at all the black smoke coming off" - with the counter-argument being that the black smoke is just soot. Although I can't say for sure either way, I'd lean to agree with the latter. I don't think smoking using foil is in any way particularly risky, but if you're worried get yourself a vape or a meth pipe :)

Unfortunately didn't get to go to the rave I was meant to be going to last night, turn of events prevented me from going.

But on a more positive note, I seem to have fixed my case fan, and my CPU cores are now idling at 56*C rather than 85*C like before. That's a huge relief as I can finally play some games again.

Time to make some breakfast, sort through the posts here, get stoned, and then I'll watch Full Metal Alchemist :D

But on a more positive note, I seem to have fixed my case fan, and my CPU cores are now idling at 56*C rather than 85*C like before. That's a huge relief as I can finally play some games again.

Fixing computers is such a great feeling!

And I got a new clip for you guys :D
I should finish this one up by friday.

Fixing computers is such a great feeling!

And I got a new clip for you guys :D
I should finish this one up by friday.

It is a great feeling.. until the same computer you fixed starts overheating, getting graphics artifacts, and then there's a loud bang, the upstairs fuse blows, and after resetting it my computer will no longer turn on :( I suspect the power supply is dead, and given it was a cheapo, it probably took my motherboard and graphics card out with it. If so, I've lost a machine I've spent around £800 on, and I certainly can't afford to replace it with no job.

Currently borrowing my mother's little netbook, feeling rather helpless. A nerd without his PC is a depraved being indeed. 8(

psox said:
My doc mentioned CBT to help get to the root of the issues, but psychotherapists aren't covered by my insurance and psychiatrists are just for diagnosis/medication. Anyways he said there's online CBT programs for free so I'm going to see if I can get started on that today.

Sounds interesting, do update us on how it is if ya try it.

jg said:
then I'll watch Full Metal Alchemist

Which one?

Okay, so the PSU appears to have been dead, but the motherboard appears to still work, I threw in my old Antec 500W PSU, and my old 8400GS graphics card, and the system is up and running. It's a shame downgrading from my GTX460 to an 8400GS, as most of my high end games won't run at all/very well, but hey, disaster averted :D

@Never: Just season 1 of the first TV series. Not the remake ones either, I only got into FMA recently :)

JG, I'm happy for you that it only seems to've been the PSU and you have another one to replace it - must be quite the relief :)

So I went to my GP today and found out something had gone wrong with the online appointment system. Now I get a double-length consult on thursday. Like I mentioned before I want some freaking guidance with this downer use & anxiety issue nonsense. This is the second time I was too enthousiastic with my benzo tapering and it severely lashed back. At that point taking benzo's again won't immediately cut it, apparently there is a lag / chronic downswing.
I was told the indication of waiting time for professional help (from like an addiction MD and stuff) was supposed to take like a month, that was february, it's been more than 3 months now and I have not heard a single word. Fucking assholes. If I am not on the right track with recovery by august it's gonna screw up my career continuity.

Felt fucked so I stupidly took drugs, can't really care too much at this point but I am slowly getting back appetite and the feeling that it will just take a little time to get the motor running again after it stalled.

It was like I had agoraphobia and shit for a few days, but since I was outside to go to the GP, I figured I might as well get some groceries instead of having the options to order out (rarely healthy food and too expensive to keep up) or just skip eating altogether. So I got instant breakfast stuff and instant dinner meals for today and tomorrow, which are actually relatively quality food, not 'soup kitchen' microwave-pulp quality. Almost crying for most of the time I was running the errand.
Explained my symptoms to my boss, who knows about my chronic collapses and residual burn-out like stuff. I have every wednesday off anyway so just going to try and get my strength back for thursday.

Right now though, I'm waiting for a 5 mg bomb of AM-1220 to kick in... sort of a test, it's probably on the low side.

I think I might try 500ug of 25I-NBOMe next weekend. NA to help decrease the bodyload on the come up/shorten the whole experience. I'm thinking about how I can maybe take 1mg of it with me when I go to Alaska, BC, etc (cruise). Honestly though, the duration kinda makes it not the best psychedelic for that type of environment. Something 2-5 hours would be a lot better. I'll think about what I may do when the time comes closer. Atleast I'll have methadone and clonazepam. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on booze, so having the done and benzo will help me get a buzz off a drink or two.

Cloudy said:
Something 2-5 hours would be a lot better.

I've heard some really good things from a friend who also uses the forum (Jinux here) about 5-MeO-DALT, which fits that duration range. Maybe worth considering. I can't really think of many psychedelics that fit that duration range, other than oral DMT etc.

Solipsis said:
JG, I'm happy for you that it only seems to've been the PSU and you have another one to replace it - must be quite the relief

Certainly is, I was really panicking over the whole situation last night, but I smoked a bowl, stopped worrying, got some rest, then woke up refreshed and ready to tackle the problem, solved it pretty quickly :)

Regarding the AM-1220, this is probably a rather uneducated question but I've only ever heard of people orally dosing the JWH and AM compounds in some form of solution - is the powder inactive if simply eaten as is?

No. Simply putting a compound in solution dosen't change its biological activity.
Solution is just very easy to measure and dose, especially with compounds active at low mg levels(ie cannabinoids & many psychs)
It's not ideal to leave these compounds in solution for long term storage however

For what's it worth btw, I have read of people eating capsules of JWH compounds here. I prefer to smoke them, but that's just me. I have never eaten them.

Maybe it's just my stoner memory but I seem to remember people saying they were eating JWH/AM compounds with no activity, and they had to mix it into vodka or something for it to actually take effect. I always thought that sounded like complete rubbish, I take it I was right.

Glad that's out of the way because that strange rumour/thought has kept me from ever sampling my AM-2201 orally, unless you count licking up the barely visible to the naked eye residue after measuring a dose.

Also oops forgot to reply to your last message, regarding Brotherhood, yep I've heard good things about the series. I'll get to see for myself soon enough :)

I just find it better because it's 11 or 12 episodes longer and it follows the manga storyline. If you're watching them back-to-back you will be sad to find out that some of the voice actors have been changed for a few of the major characters, and not for the better IMO.(I assume you'll be watching english dub? If not then I don't know anything about the seiyūs so...)
I had no choice but to watch the original first. After all, brotherhood wasn't made until 6-7 years later I believe :\

There are a handful of tryptamines that last anywhere from 2 hours to 6 hours (4-aco-dmt, 4-aco-dipt, 4-ho-dipt, 4-ho-mipt, etc), just would need to purchase them. Only psychs I have right now are 2c-p and 25I-NBOMe.

I was disappointed with not being able to orally ingest UR-144 (cannabinoid). Its pretty potent vaped (around same potency as JWH-018), so I thought oral administration would be fantastic, especially since the high lasts 30-45mins (for peak) and ~1 hour coming down. Its a nice and strong indica feeling, so I was hopping to get a nice stoning effect lasting hours on top of the methadone and clonazepam.

Interesting, for me personally I wouldn't agree with 4-AcO-DMT. I don't think I've ever had a trip last less than 5 hours, and that was with a small insufflated dose. Usually dead on 7-8 hours. I've even had as long as 10+ hours with very high doses. Though with a degraded sample which I suspect is mostly 4-HO-DMT now the duration was closer to the 5-6 hour mark.

I take it UR-144 isn't active orally then? Or was there another reason you couldn't ingest it? I'll have to give it a try some time if you say it's more reminiscent of an indica, since while I've never tried -018, I found -073 to give that feeling of an incredibly unbalanced THC-dominant strain with too much anxiety and paranoia, while -081 felt like a lovely indica and was a great cannabinoid aside from being very weak per mg.

AM-2201 feels like an indica-dominant hybrid, very nice, but still with a bit of that anxiety, so I don't tend to enjoy it quite as much as I liked JWH-081, but it's still great, and since the dose is a huge amount lower and 081 is hard for me to procure it's my DOC cannabinoid other than the herb itself.

It was like I had agoraphobia and shit for a few days, but since I was outside to go to the GP, I figured I might as well get some groceries instead of having the options to order out (rarely healthy food and too expensive to keep up) or just skip eating altogether. So I got instant breakfast stuff and instant dinner meals for today and tomorrow, which are actually relatively quality food, not 'soup kitchen' microwave-pulp quality. Almost crying for most of the time I was running the errand.

Unfortunately that sounds like par for the course as far as benzo withdrawal is concerned. :| One time during benzo withdrawal I almost abandoned my car in a taco shop drive-through line and ran away because I felt so claustrophobic and agoraphobic. I swear, benzo withdrawal was white knuckle shit, every day.

My advice is try not to let stuff like that scare you, because benzo withdrawal inevitably will cause your body and mind to act very strange for a while. But its totally worth it: you regain so much clarity when you get off benzos, and the process of going through withdrawal actually helps you put everyday anxieties into perspective.

You'll be fine though, soli, its a tough process but its do-able. Just keep at a consistent taper, stay as relaxed as possible, marathon movies and play video games, etc, to take your mind off of it. Think about how much better you'll feel when the process is complete :) Much love and good luck! <3

Some people find 4-aco-dmt to be shorter than mushrooms, some people find it to be longer. I personally find it to be about the same duration as mushrooms (4-6 hours depending on dose, but never going past 6).

UR-144 is a full agonist at the CB2 receptors with atleast 83x the potency at the CB2 receptors than the CB1 (it still is an agonist at the CB1). The lower the dose, the more purely CB2 it feels, but that isn't to say high doses don't have that strong indica feeling. It starts to add a interesting head high the higher the dose you go. It kinda has some dissociative type feelings the higher you dose, which is kinda interesting. Out of all the cannabinoids I've tried UR-144 is the most like cannabis (an indica dominate strain), with a 30-45 min shorter experience. And yeah, Sadly it seems it can be orally administered. I tried various doses (30-50+mg and didn't feel anything from it). Vaped you can feel it as little as 1-2mg depending on your tolerance. I honestly like it alot.

Unfortunately that sounds like par for the course as far as benzo withdrawal is concerned. :| One time during benzo withdrawal I almost abandoned my car in a taco shop drive-through line and ran away because I felt so claustrophobic and agoraphobic. I swear, benzo withdrawal was white knuckle shit, every day.

My advice is try not to let stuff like that scare you, because benzo withdrawal inevitably will cause your body and mind to act very strange for a while. But its totally worth it: you regain so much clarity when you get off benzos, and the process of going through withdrawal actually helps you put everyday anxieties into perspective.

You'll be fine though, soli, its a tough process but its do-able. Just keep at a consistent taper, stay as relaxed as possible, marathon movies and play video games, etc, to take your mind off of it. Think about how much better you'll feel when the process is complete :) Much love and good luck! <3

I'd be ok with that and I have suggested like a 2-week break from work to stay with my parents and get through the heaviest white knuckle shit but nothing is happening as far as professional guidance... Like with a proper tapering program and consideration of some temporary medication to avoid unacceptable shit like insomnia that gets TOO wrecking.
The whole problem is: the people at work don't know, my medical officer does though (job-related doctor that checks up on my reintegration after shit had really hit the fan) who is of course sworn to privacy.
So I can't really figure out how I can function at work, let alone integrate like I am doing now, almost back at 100% working my contract hours... if I seriously want to pull through quitting benzo's.
A few months ago I motivated myself to switch to diazepam only and follow a proper benzo.co.uk tapering schedule (very slow one indeed) going from 12 mg/day to 6 mg/day. Then it got harder and harder pushing me to the edge of my ability to cope. I kept hanging at 6 mg for a while, then it collapsed, probably because the expected professional help didn't come at the suggested time. Like I said it was supposed to be like a month, I am waiting for almost 3 1/2 months now.

So the equation is pretty fucked: I'm supposed to go back to being declared healthy as well as applying for new jobs on one side, but at the same time I have withdrawal still ahead of me and nobody is helping me out. It's just an impossible task from where I am standing. I think I am going past the point in time where I can schedule all of this to withdraw and still be able to do my job well enough AND getting a new one all at the same time without getting a nervous breakdown or something like that.

Fucking bitch. I was doing the best I could but new politics completely fucked the mental healthcare system and now everybody has to pay up yet I am standing in queue like a fool.

Normally I quench anger and find some peace and stability within myself and turn around to optimism but I am getting so disappointed in everything that I feel like giving one of the involved parties the finger.
  • For example: one option is to keep using until I get a new contract somewhere, then tell everyone and get kicking benzo's started, invoking temporary disability or whatever is necessary.
  • Another option is to push the caretakers driving them to madness, making a scene to force getting first in line for help, explaining that to my medical officer and the rest should be manageable through the advice this medical officer gives which is normally whatever is necessary to prevent me from breaking down entirely risking more chronic shit. I even considered just getting myself committed and saying 'fuck you' to the negative consequences of doing that.
  • The option I probably should take is start switching to diazepam and starting tapering myself once again (I don't even know what my dose would be right now since I don't really keep track of my benzo use which goes up and down and involves many different types), and also driving those healthcare / addiction professionals to the same point of desperation as I am, so to speak.

I don't often whine. But I am fed up being left in the cold, getting impossible options and the fact that there is not really a place reserved in society for a freak like me to be happy. I mean there are places but it will be hard as fuck, harder than right now... having to learn responsibility and repairing my life and changing bad habits in a matter of mere months.

Sorry for the people who are in a 1000 times more misery than I am but I have my own frame of reference and I very rarely find people who have the same weird set of qualities and defects. Very much 'too weird to live, too rare to die'.
I've been passively suicidal for years, by that I mean I don't think I am even remotely close to ever take my own life... yet I am not bothered much at all by the idea that I would accidentally be killed by a freak accident. The beauty in the world, all that knowledge, 'wonders', general potential of life, being skilled at a good number of things - it's been good to me, overwhelmingly so, that I have felt satisfied for years now. It's just that the gates are open, I'm flooded and have grown weary of everything.

Yet I do believe that getting off benzo's will eventually restore my energy and ability to cope and all of that. And I'm getting better and better at learning how to quickly recover from slip-ups and adopting health- and stability promoting habits.

Thanks for confirming my idea about quitting benzo's, Roger, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I won't be experiencing unmanageable withdrawal symptoms for like a year or more like some people do. Does that only happen with people who get enough tolerance to need 10x a normal dose and those who suddenly go cold turkey and chronically mess up their chemical balance? We probably can't tell for sure.

I like the idea of pregabalin or gabapentin like I said. If I'm not mistaken it can promote the conversion of glutamate to GABA to restore a proper equilibrium.

Just tried e-mailing my contact at the addiction center, getting an out of office reply without any referal...

fffuuu.png

OK calling them tomorrow then.

Fortunately there is some solace: titrating AM-1220 (I forgot if I ever tried it or if it was AM2201, fucking number scramble lol)
by bombing is slowly but surely getting me uncomplicatedly high. =D

Check this out. I love the latter part of the lecture -- Nichols confirms a phenomenon that I've observed in vivo with LSD for a long time now (and that many other Bluelighters have refuted) with data collected from scientific experiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.