• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids PAWS and Clonidine

You might be correct, in terms of the pills that contain quinine, but they definitely have OTC pills for restless legs on the shelves still. Either way dopamine agonists are the only real drugs treat RLS. Of course, that is no help in this situation. Lmao.

I even double checked with my girl, who is a pharmacist. Ironic I know...

That isnt true at all alpha2 adrenergic agonists and i found lyrica also helped me before though its not approved to treat rls

ahh sorry I didnt read your post carefully enough. Are dopamine agonists used for Parkinson's rls and other mobility issues associated with it

662;13082 I was wondering how efficient Clonidine is for suboxone/vicodin detox. I have xanax. I just cant find anything online what exactly Clonidine does for the PAWS. thanks[/QUOTE said:
You can't be serious?? You're taking Xanax and trying to come off of opiates? Well you just done put a huge gorilla on your back with that Xanax. Good luck coming off of that. The withdraws are way worse than opiate withdrawal. it's just like they teach you in NA or AA,, you're just trading one addiction for another. Be careful that's all I can say. Good luck to you my friend. Oh, and by the way, clonodine is garbage for opiate withdrawal or Sub withdrawal. .

thanks for the input.. these people on this other site keep using the terminology "God sent" and no one really said for what. so are you saying all its for is for sleeping? I take .5 of xanax for that, but still wake up, some maybe its 1mg time for detox. I dont think xanax does shit for RLS... so its not God sent?)) I was hoping there is something for RLS exclusively.. Im down to 10mg a day of vicodin, I wonder whats the lowest mg of vicodin you can take without wds in a day.. can 5 550 hold anyone

If you are down to 10 milligrams of Vics a day, you're almost there buddy. If you are truly down to 10 milligrams a day then you should have no problem breaking that tablet in half to taper off of opiates. I would not stay on a Xanax for more than a couple of weeks. That is a short term medication not to be used long term. Again, the withdraws from benzodiazepines are hundred times worse than opiate withdrawals. I guess what I'm saying is just be careful. I went through the exact same thing you are going through but once I tapered completely off of opiates I became addicted to Benzo's and that was a nightmare.

thanks for the input.. these people on this other site keep using the terminology "God sent" and no one really said for what. so are you saying all its for is for sleeping? I take .5 of xanax for that, but still wake up, some maybe its 1mg time for detox. I dont think xanax does shit for RLS... so its not God sent?)) I was hoping there is something for RLS exclusively.. Im down to 10mg a day of vicodin, I wonder whats the lowest mg of vicodin you can take without wds in a day.. can 5 550 hold anyone
VERY weak from my experience after long term bupe usage. I had the patch and took it as prescribed... 1 per week or something, I can't remember now, and I think they were .1mg... and the only way I found out they were literally doing close to 99% of nothing for me is when I ran out of them. I think I created that 1% of possible effect through pure placebo. I read that it helped "slow" people down, chill them out. So I wanted it to more than anything. But, I couldn't tell a bit of difference with or without the patch. Just my exp.

And, this is my opinion (from only my experiences), but while benzos seem like a life saver at the time... bupe W/D's are very long. I'm not going to argue intensity with anyone, but depending on what mg you hop off at, they can also be intense enough that you don't sleep and literally almost pass out from trying to walk. Point being, you may be trying to cover up the W/D's from bupe, with benzos, for an easy 2.5-3 weeks. And 2.5-3 weeks of any benzo, especially klon with it's long half life, or xanax because of it's potency, you will have W/D's from the benzos also, while the bupe W/D's are still going on, too. I hope I'm not coming off as negative, I'm really just trying to point out possible problems so you can decide for yourself how you want to deal with them.

^
^
^
the person that responded to this message is dead on. Stay away from the benzos if you can. Personal experience and it was a nightmare. A lot of it is mind over matter. Just set your mind to it and you can do it, anybody can if I was able to. Good luck!

VERY weak from my experience after long term bupe usage. I had the patch and took it as prescribed... 1 per week or something, I can't remember now, and I think they were .1mg... and the only way I found out they were literally doing close to 99% of nothing for me is when I ran out of them. I think I created that 1% of possible effect through pure placebo. I read that it helped "slow" people down, chill them out. So I wanted it to more than anything. But, I couldn't tell a bit of difference with or without the patch. Just my exp.

And, this is my opinion (from only my experiences), but while benzos seem like a life saver at the time... bupe W/D's are very long. I'm not going to argue intensity with anyone, but depending on what mg you hop off at, they can also be intense enough that you don't sleep and literally almost pass out from trying to walk. Point being, you may be trying to cover up the W/D's from bupe, with benzos, for an easy 2.5-3 weeks. And 2.5-3 weeks of any benzo, especially klon with it's long half life, or xanax because of it's potency, you will have W/D's from the benzos also, while the bupe W/D's are still going on, too. I hope I'm not coming off as negative, I'm really just trying to point out possible problems so you can decide for yourself how you want to deal with them.
so is clonidine poor mans xanax? is it a fact that if i got xanax, dont bother with clonidine?

other way around. Ditch the Xanax and give the clonodine a shot.

other way around, ditch the xanax, benzos, and give clonodine a shot. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

I am in the same process as you. don't do like I did and try to rush it. I tried to detox from 24 milligrams down to nothing in a matter of a month. Needless to say, it sucked. It really depends on how long you've been on the Suboxone. Also, everybody reacts differently to the medication. My doctor has me tapering off a 4 mgs every two weeks. So far it is working out perfect with very little discomfort. And I've been on Suboxone for about 10 months. Suboxone withdrawals are similar to opiate withdrawals only I think that they drag on a little longer. set your mind to it, you can do it.