• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids PAWS and Clonidine

Greenlighter
I was wondering how efficient Clonidine is for suboxone/vicodin detox. I have xanax. I just cant find anything online what exactly Clonidine does for the PAWS. thanks

Clonodine is helpful for restless legs, hypertension, and also insomnia, but it is very weak in regards to withdrawal. If you have xanax then I am not quite sure why you are worried about the clonodine. I only take it for PAWS if I have nothing else.

thanks for the input.. these people on this other site keep using the terminology "God sent" and no one really said for what. so are you saying all its for is for sleeping? I take .5 of xanax for that, but still wake up, some maybe its 1mg time for detox. I dont think xanax does shit for RLS... so its not God sent?)) I was hoping there is something for RLS exclusively.. Im down to 10mg a day of vicodin, I wonder whats the lowest mg of vicodin you can take without wds in a day.. can 5 550 hold anyone

VERY weak from my experience after long term bupe usage. I had the patch and took it as prescribed... 1 per week or something, I can't remember now, and I think they were .1mg... and the only way I found out they were literally doing close to 99% of nothing for me is when I ran out of them. I think I created that 1% of possible effect through pure placebo. I read that it helped "slow" people down, chill them out. So I wanted it to more than anything. But, I couldn't tell a bit of difference with or without the patch. Just my exp.

And, this is my opinion (from only my experiences), but while benzos seem like a life saver at the time... bupe W/D's are very long. I'm not going to argue intensity with anyone, but depending on what mg you hop off at, they can also be intense enough that you don't sleep and literally almost pass out from trying to walk. Point being, you may be trying to cover up the W/D's from bupe, with benzos, for an easy 2.5-3 weeks. And 2.5-3 weeks of any benzo, especially klon with it's long half life, or xanax because of it's potency, you will have W/D's from the benzos also, while the bupe W/D's are still going on, too. I hope I'm not coming off as negative, I'm really just trying to point out possible problems so you can decide for yourself how you want to deal with them.

thanks, i dont even know what benzos wds are, nor have I ever had them, compared to Bupe wd, there are no other wds to me. when i work i dont even take xanax, so it was never my drug of choice over the years. maybe to come down of a 20 of coke...I never took more than .5 a day for the most part...

VERY weak from my experience after long term bupe usage. I had the patch and took it as prescribed... 1 per week or something, I can't remember now, and I think they were .1mg... and the only way I found out they were literally doing close to 99% of nothing for me is when I ran out of them. I think I created that 1% of possible effect through pure placebo. I read that it helped "slow" people down, chill them out. So I wanted it to more than anything. But, I couldn't tell a bit of difference with or without the patch. Just my exp.

And, this is my opinion (from only my experiences), but while benzos seem like a life saver at the time... bupe W/D's are very long. I'm not going to argue intensity with anyone, but depending on what mg you hop off at, they can also be intense enough that you don't sleep and literally almost pass out from trying to walk. Point being, you may be trying to cover up the W/D's from bupe, with benzos, for an easy 2.5-3 weeks. And 2.5-3 weeks of any benzo, especially klon with it's long half life, or xanax because of it's potency, you will have W/D's from the benzos also, while the bupe W/D's are still going on, too. I hope I'm not coming off as negative, I'm really just trying to point out possible problems so you can decide for yourself how you want to deal with them.
Clonidine is like magic for me, it's pretty much all i need to get over even the largest habits. But .1mg is too little IME. I've needed about 1-1.2mg/day. Which is a dose that's okay for acute withdrawal but really shouldn't be taken for PAWS and I'm not sure it does much for PAWS anyways.

The only thing I noticed that clonidine did for me was help my body temp regulate and kill all the chills. Very useful for suboxone detox, in which being cold all the time and very strong chills for about 3 weeks was my typical experience.

so is clonidine poor mans xanax? is it a fact that if i got xanax, dont bother with clonidine?

Personally, I thought it helped a ton. It's not a miracle drug but it helps me with some of the most annoying symptoms of W/D. Like RLS, chills and then burning up sensation and the freaking out I won't make it feeling. Basically, it takes away the EBGB's (a term I use to describe the aforementioned). It made all the difference in the world for me and thankfully when I was in the hospital 4-5 months ago, they gave me a script for 8 patches. I only ended up using 2, so if I ever get in a bind it's great knowing I have these leftover. Bottom-line is, not a miracle or God sent drug but it definitely can take the edge off.

To freakshow
i am curently on suboxone and am loking to get off my dr. Keeps me on 16mg a day. Today i only took half a strip and i feel ok so far. Any sugestions on how to detox? Thanks

Clonidine is more useful in wd than benzos imo.
RLS is one of the worst symptoms, and clonidine helps immensely.

They make pills for RLS that are over the counter, they work OK. Doctors hand out clonidine like candy for opiate withdrawal, its total garbage. My doctor gave me like 100 of them and I used a few with no results on several occasions.

Insidious - I was under the impression that the useful rls pills contained quinine, which are no longer available otc. Tonic water still contains quinine, but not in therapeutically useful quantities.

You might be correct, in terms of the pills that contain quinine, but they definitely have OTC pills for restless legs on the shelves still. Either way dopamine agonists are the only real drugs treat RLS. Of course, that is no help in this situation. Lmao.

I even double checked with my girl, who is a pharmacist. Ironic I know...

I am not aware of any OTC medications for treating RLS, at least not in the U.S.

You say you double checked, but you didn't say what drug it was..

I just looked that up and it literally says, on the front page, "Hylands Restful Legs does not treat Restless Leg Syndrome. If you suspect you have this condition, please consult a physician."

Thats because restless legs can be attributed to parkinson's or other syndromes, and if you have restless legs naturally you probably would want to consult a doctor. We are talking about withdrawal here though... there is no actual cure for RLS, just treatments.

Clonodine is helpful for restless legs, hypertension, and also insomnia, but it is very weak in regards to withdrawal. If you have xanax then I am not quite sure why you are worried about the clonodine. I only take it for PAWS if I have nothing else.

Then you are one in a million bro because I took 2mg of clonazepam and 20mg of valium and still felt shitty in detox all they do are help anxiety and relax you somewhat. But then the nurse in detox gave me .4mg of clonidine and I was actually ina decent mood and it took care of my restless legs cold/hot sweats, my blood pressure dropped to normal range which also helped withthe tachycardia. Now im talking about it being the #1 drug for acute opioid wd in detox in terms of paws I wouldnt use it unless the you are having symptoms dduring your paws that the drug has action to cure, but in most cases paws is more mental less physical and the anxiety relief from clonidine is little to none. Excercise and eating a healthy on a regular 3 meal cycle, excersize, and keeping yourself busy so your not looking for drugs to help cure the last stage before freedom since most of the drugs mentioned here even clonidine are physically addictive as well and paws can last a long enough time for you to become dependent on said drug to alleviate symtoms.