• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pain tolerance after opioid addiction

I thought hyperalgesia occurred while ON opioids? Especially long term/chronic use? Could be wrong though I guess.
It occurs when you're on them long term but they way it works is you feel MORE pain when you have LESS opioids in your system.

With weed you feel MORE pain when you have MORE weed in your system.

It occurs when you're on them long term but they way it works is you feel MORE pain when you have LESS opioids in your system.

Like there's a downregulation of opioid receptors? Really? I've heard that about GABA but not with the opioid receptors. Dude that thing about weed is so true, It amplifies all of your senses. I remember when I would wd and smoke weed I'd make the wds worse but.....when I'd shoot up the RUSHHH felt 1000x times better. Duvyucuvjju good times.

We had our own recent Oxycodone black page.

A girl, somewhere before her twentie's was prescribed ridiculous ammout's of it for a broken arm. After it was put in plaster. The dr. forgot to mention it was very addicting. She wasn't even in pain after the plastering.

Later on she was treated with Fentanyl to wean her of.
All opiates are still prescribed in America...and in the entire world over. It just depends on the doctor, the patient, diagnosis, need, and so on. The restrictions & red tape have gotten completely out of hand, and for most uninsured pain patients it would be as cheap to buy pure fent off the streets for chronic pain. I've been prescribed pain meds, benzos, and Adderall all since I was still in high school, so for well over a decade now...because I truly need them to function. I'd be dead from alcoholism by now if not for this combination. Many people do, not just Americans or the Dutch, but many people just chose to either suffer in silence, be tough, or are afraid of potentially addictive drugs and refuse them altogether. That said, let there be ZERO doubt about the fact that the government single-handedly created the fentanyl crisis by turning a blind eye to those in pain and allowing them to suffer under the guise of "protecting the public from the prescription drug menace", and they also turned a blind eye to the menace of the drug cartels that are murdering people in the streets.
Drugs to me are like cars and guns....as long as I'm the one in control of them I feel perfectly safe around them, but unfortunately so many immature morons in the world are completely irresponsible with everything they do. They do drugs irresponsibly, drive irresponsibly, hell they probably even use a goddamn stove irresponsibly!
It does truly irk me that we can put people on the moon, but we can't take care of people's basic needs (like pain relief, anxiety relief, sleep,etc..) even though we have the tools(medicines) to do so, everybody is busy covering their own respective asses.
P.S. I sure hope I never experience opioid induced hyperalgesia, they're the only pain relief that works...aside from getting blackout drunk and everything else all day & night.

All opiates are still prescribed in America...and in the entire world over. It just depends on the doctor, the patient, diagnosis, need, and so on. The restrictions & red tape have gotten completely out of hand, and for most uninsured pain patients it would be as cheap to buy pure fent off the streets for chronic pain. I've been prescribed pain meds, benzos, and Adderall all since I was still in high school, so for well over a decade now...because I truly need them to function. I'd be dead from alcoholism by now if not for this combination. Many people do, not just Americans or the Dutch, but many people just chose to either suffer in silence, be tough, or are afraid of potentially addictive drugs and refuse them altogether. That said, let there be ZERO doubt about the fact that the government single-handedly created the fentanyl crisis by turning a blind eye to those in pain and allowing them to suffer under the guise of "protecting the public from the prescription drug menace", and they also turned a blind eye to the menace of the drug cartels that are murdering people in the streets.
Drugs to me are like cars and guns....as long as I'm the one in control of them I feel perfectly safe around them, but unfortunately so many immature morons in the world are completely irresponsible with everything they do. They do drugs irresponsibly, drive irresponsibly, hell they probably even use a goddamn stove irresponsibly!
It does truly irk me that we can put people on the moon, but we can't take care of people's basic needs (like pain relief, anxiety relief, sleep,etc..) even though we have the tools(medicines) to do so, everybody is busy covering their own respective asses.
P.S. I sure hope I never experience opioid induced hyperalgesia, they're the only pain relief that works...aside from getting blackout drunk and everything else all day & night.
Totally agree as long as one doesn't combine Amphetamine's and Alcohol in absurd ammounts. Ime dextro-Amphetamine certainly keep's you from it. It at least limit's your intake. The same for me goes for Benzodiazepines. They or substitute but in the past really put a lid on my ethanol consumption.

Its bizarre to read how long yo have been taking these med's getting a prescription for Amphetamine or Benzo's is a pain in the ass over here. Somehow they go lighter on MethylPhenidate. Which is a disgrace for a med.

My understanding was you do experience the pain but deal with it differently. Making it more endurable.

Something I experienced myself after dental procedure's, before I discovered Kratom. Kratom is way better then Cannabis but go together quite well.

My understanding was you do experience the pain but deal with it differently. Making it more endurable.

Something I experienced myself after dental procedure's, before I discovered Kratom. Kratom is way better then Cannabis but go together quite well.
It does make the stress and emotional component of pain more tolerable (weed)....but if the pain is severe and you smoke weed and now the pain is worse the increase in pain overrides the weed distracting you from pain.

Let's say youre a high skill educated worker (engineer scientist for example)...but you are also registered methadone or heroin user getting government drugs....will if affect your career prospects? Is the information accessible to the public?
Not in the UK my friend. You can work in most fields so long as you're qualified.
Obviously, working in or around medicine is a big no no.
I know lots of recovering heroin addicts and recovering alcoholics who are in really good jobs.
Working with other addicts is a good direction to go in. You can even be on methadone too. As long as your urine has been clean for 2+ years. Again, that's the UK. Though we are fast becoming a fascist country so I wouldn't be surprised if they line all addicts up and shoot us before long. 🤔

One of the problems of opioid use / addiction is a long lasting downregulation of testosterone. This mediates a bunch of effects like weakness, intolerance to cold, increased pain sensitivity etc. and is well documented in PubMed papers etc but doctors tend to be ignorant about. Unfortunately the only solutions (?) are either to supplement infinitely on artificial test which involves either a needle every two weeks or making a DMSO based gel yourself as such isn't available off the pharmacy afaik. Or to do hevay exercise I guess, which is very hard when you're suffering from PAWS stuff.

Not in the UK my friend. You can work in most fields so long as you're qualified.
Obviously, working in or around medicine is a big no no.
I know lots of recovering heroin addicts and recovering alcoholics who are in really good jobs.
Working with other addicts is a good direction to go in. You can even be on methadone too. As long as your urine has been clean for 2+ years. Again, that's the UK. Though we are fast becoming a fascist country so I wouldn't be surprised if they line all addicts up and shoot us before long. 🤔
Isn't the UK becoming "fascist" as you call it Inna leftist sense though?

I'm aware of some crazy laws there but they only seem to target right wing ppl. Seems like addicts and going easy on them is more of a left wing position. What am I missing?

One of the problems of opioid use / addiction is a long lasting downregulation of testosterone. This mediates a bunch of effects like weakness, intolerance to cold, increased pain sensitivity etc. and is well documented in PubMed papers etc but doctors tend to be ignorant about. Unfortunately the only solutions (?) are either to supplement infinitely on artificial test which involves either a needle every two weeks or making a DMSO based gel yourself as such isn't available off the pharmacy afaik. Or to do hevay exercise I guess, which is very hard when you're suffering from PAWS stuff.
Ive read that this issue isnt permanent if you stop using but their isnt a lot of research

Ive read that this issue isnt permanent if you stop using but their isnt a lot of research
Yeah, T production should recover over time but Idk to which degree as T suppression is often touted as irreversible, as that after beginning T replacement therapy one needs to stay on that for an infinite amount of time. That said there are some compounds which might restart natural T production, one I've read about is triptorelin and there's at least one other substance. Wonder how similar or different the drop in T production due to opioids is from that due to supplementation with artificial T, if such a 'restart' might work after ceasing opioids as well.

I got bloodwork from before quitting morphine, my test was on the low end which is too low for my age, and prolactin was 4-fold increased. I will get a new bloodwork now that I've been off morphine for almost a year, let's see to what extent my balls recovered. Well, I'm on kratom again because I couldn't bear to be completely sober but kratom should be much lighter in the suppression department as it's only a weak partial agonist. It will suppress to some degree but people say that even bupe was much lighter than (dia)morphine.

Yeah, T production should recover over time but Idk to which degree as T suppression is often touted as irreversible, as that after beginning T replacement therapy one needs to stay on that for an infinite amount of time. That said there are some compounds which might restart natural T production, one I've read about is triptorelin and there's at least one other substance. Wonder how similar or different the drop in T production due to opioids is from that due to supplementation with artificial T, if such a 'restart' might work after ceasing opioids as well.

I got bloodwork from before quitting morphine, my test was on the low end which is too low for my age, and prolactin was 4-fold increased. I will get a new bloodwork now that I've been off morphine for almost a year, let's see to what extent my balls recovered. Well, I'm on kratom again because I couldn't bear to be completely sober but kratom should be much lighter in the suppression department as it's only a weak partial agonist. It will suppress to some degree but people say that even bupe was much lighter than (dia)morphine.
Yea id be curious to know, do you know what your actually numbers were when you were on? I think Im gonna get mine checked soon but I dont know what it was before or during opiate use. I feel like my sensitivity to the cold has gotten better and better slowly over the past 2.5 years since ive been clean but I still dont think its 100%