• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pain tolerance after opioid addiction

I suppose everyone has different reactions but from what Ive read after being on opiates long term your pain tolerance becomes worse than a non user even at peak concentrations (of methadone in the study
Do you have a link? Hyperalgesia is real but I've never head of an opioid peak causing it....more the withdrawal or abstinence.

Every study I'm seeing is Google scholar is promoting methadone for chronic pain.

What savage place is this so I can avoid it?

Wjat happens when you are dying of cancer or have MS or something? Tough.shit?
The Netherland's, and getting real painkiller's when you have cancer is probably possible.

But for MS, don't these people get med grade weed, never heard them getting opoid's.

The Netherland's, and getting real painkiller's when you have cancer is probably possible.

But for MS, don't these people get med grade weed, never heard them getting opoid's.
I'm shocked such a progressive country has this approach.

Point #1...if it's anything like the US, I'm assuming if you're an IV heroin and crack user the government offers you massive almost unlimited doses of powerful opioids like methadone or bupe....while someone with a broken neck is told to get fucked? Is that correct? That's how it is in the US.

Weeds effects on pain are grossly over hyped. In my experience weed makes any type of pain I've ever had worse while high and contributes to hyperalgesia in genral while not high..plus youre stoned amd cant function wheres opioids dont alter cognitive function so severeley. A lot of chronic pain patients report the same about weed increasing pain....nobody except real pain patients talk about it though....but it's mentioned in r/chronicpain quite a bit.

What weed does do.is distract and lower the emotional anger component response to the pain...but not actually lower the pain...just makes you care less.

Let's say you have a cognitively demanding job...doing advanced math or something....obviously it will be much harder on weed than opioids.

Let's say you break your spine In a car wreck and have sever chronic back pain that is permanent? You just lay bedridden in agony your whole life rather than get opioids in the Netherlands?

I know that many of you that don't live with cbronicnpain don't really understand the ramifications ofnopioid eradication, but this world is getting very fucking scary and we are all one car wreck away from living with pain that will bring you to suicide foe the rest of our lives. Nobody cares until it's them in that predicament though is the problem

Last edited:
Me too to read that in the USA after heavy dental surgery you actually get sufficient mean's to kill the pain. Hydrocodone.

The downside is you give people a taste of Opoid's very early on. With heavy dental I mean a root canal treatement or a total repair when you have lousy teeth.

I also picked up some where pain actually has an negativ effect on the healing proces. Glad that I have been broke had a breakdown. But I never actually broke something.

Me too to read that in the USA after heavy dental surgery you actually get sufficient mean's to kill the pain. Hydrocodone.

The downside is you give people a taste of Opoid's very early on. With heavy dental I mean a root canal treatement or a total repair when you have lousy teeth.

I also picked up some where pain actually has an negativ effect on the healing proces. Glad that I have been broke had a breakdown. But I never actually broke something.
That' was 12 years ago. If you are break your back and Spinal cord on a car wreck you won't even get hudrocodone now.

Hudrocodone was raised to the most restricted medical schedule around 2014...making it impossible to get.

Like it's technically legal but if a doctor prescribes it his office will be raided by swat team of DEA agents with machine guns and the doctor will go to prison for a decade or.so.

The dea has no restrictions on laws
They can do whatever they want without legislation or.government approval and the moment they arrest doctors and pain patiemts....patients....the more ppl turn to illicit fentanyl., which thus is a justification to give the DEA more tax dollars.to fight the drug war.

Bit they don't target the cartel and the gangs because they always lose and get embarrassed by the cartel (they are also paid off.bybthe cartel)..so they target chronically sick ppl amd doctors as easy targets., creating more fentsnyl addicts on the street and thus they get more money to.allegeldy fight the drug war and fentsnyl....but they get their ass kicked against the cartel so they just keep doing the cycle.of targeting doctors and sick ppl to make the OD numbers from fent increase amd get more funding to "fix" the problem

It also.allows them to fill our for profit private corporate prisons with chronic pain patients and doctors...and the prison companies bribe congress and the DEA to lock up pain patients for profit.

Also gearing chronic pain patients on fentsnyl and in private prison is a good way to kill them so health.insirsmce companies which bribe congress no longer have to pay for the medical costs of very sick people since they are in prison or dead. This is what happens when your Healthcare and private prison system are privatized and bribe the government.

The US is a very savage evil country that I want to escape despite making a good career for myself here. I will trade that away to go live in a free country...I just havnt figured out where to go.

Ove the past 10 years gigantic tent cities and homeless encampment have begun to spring up in cities. The amount of poverty in these giant homeless camps reminds me of something you see in Africa.

Last edited:
That' was 12 years ago. If you are break your back and Spinal cord on a car wreck you won't even get hudrocodone now.
We had our own recent Oxycodone black page.

A girl, somewhere before her twentie's was prescribed ridiculous ammout's of it for a broken arm. After it was put in plaster. The dr. forgot to mention it was very addicting. She wasn't even in pain after the plastering.

Later on she was treated with Fentanyl to wean her of.

We had our own recent Oxycodone black page.

A girl, somewhere before her twentie's was prescribed ridiculous ammout's of it for a broken arm. After it was put in plaster. The dr. forgot to mention it was very addicting. She wasn't even in pain after the plastering.

Later on she was treated with Fentanyl to wean her of.
So one case is a reason to torture millions of future seriously injured and diseased people?

I updated my previous post with the whole story after you replied so please read again.

So one case is a reason to torture millions of future seriously injured and diseased people?

I updated my previous post with the whole story after you replied so please read again.
Certainly not, they tried to find a new market for their product.

me I rely on o-DSMT or else Kratom. Getting Codeine for legit pain is impossible. Tramadol seems to be the only exception. But I hate that shit, and it lower's the seizure threshold so not an option for me.

Missed the last sentence reading up on your as of now.

Last edited:
Certainly not, they tried to find a new market for their product.

me I rely on o-DSMT or else Kratom. Getting Codeine for legit pain is impossible. Tramadol seems to be the only exception. But I hate that shit, and it lower's the seizure threshold so not an option for me.
So you are relying in illicit RCs likely contaminated with by products and toxic heavy metals like mercury used during synthesis as catalysts or mediation reagents.

It's a very dark situation. FDA studies have shown that a lot of kratom coming from Asia is contaminated with toxic heavy metals which do not show up in lcms analysis the vendors conduct

It is a very bleak situation.

Safest bet if you are in pain is to become a heroin addict foe a short while then get on pharma methadone or bupe

Point #1...if it's anything like the US, I'm assuming if you're an IV heroin and crack user the government offers you massive almost unlimited doses of powerful opioids like methadone or bupe....while someone with a broken neck is told to get fucked? Is that correct? That's how it is in the US.
Totally correct. If your a known addict there are two option's. Regulated Pharmaceutical Heroin, to be taken on site. Or Methadon in huge dosages, up to 200 mg's. They give these addict's Promethazine and Diazepam in huge dosages to. I know one junky so this is all second hand info.

But when in need for a physical ailment forget it. Ibuprofen and APAP. btw I am not gonna become an addict for acces to them opiod's. I am better of as is.

My o-DSMT, Kratom ain't no RC, is locally produced. So I am hoping its pure, no metal or Fent laced shit.

Last edited:
Totally correct. If your a known addict there are two option's. Regulated Pharmaceutical Heroin, to be taken on site. Or Methadon in huge dosages, up to 200 mg's. They give these addict's Promethazine and Diazepam in huge dosages to. I know one junky so this is all second hand info.

But when in need for a physical ailment forget it. Ibuprofen and APAP. btw I am not gonna become an addict for acces to them. I am better of as is.

My o-DSMT is locally produced. So I am hoping its pure, no metal or fent
Seems to be the direction the US is going except access to methadone is only available to those in cities. Those on rural areas have no option other than illicit fent. and heroin is not an option at all so many true fent addict choose to stay on fent over methadone amd end up dead....but like I said. It's by design. It's a plan to genocide millions of physically and mentally sick people to increase private insurance company profits.

There is zero distinction between an addict and a pain patients. They are trying to classify them as the same thing.

It might be harder in the US though. We are one of the most unhealthy and obese modernized countries and have much more people with pain and disease than most countries.

I mean what's the end game? Grandma that has never smoke pot and goes to church but has a degenerative spine waiting in line with 20 year old gang member junkies?

Interesting times ahead. Amd landing right on my time of aging also. Really makes suicide or illicit heroin use more appealing than the government system.

But when in need for a physical ailment forget it. Ibuprofen and APAP. btw I am not gonna become an addict for acces to them opiod's. I am better of as is.

My o-DSMT, Kratom ain't no RC, is locally produced. So I am hoping its pure, no metal or Fent laced shit.
Also wanted to ask...what are the downsides to becoming a registered addict in the Netherlands that receives opioids.

Do you lose your rights to work or other rights normal citizens have?

Also wanted to ask...what are the downsides to becoming a registered addict in the Netherlands that receives opioids.

Do you lose your rights to work or other rights normal citizens have?
Using drugs in general stigmatize's you. Be it Weed, Booze or Opioid's.

The last group mostly gets an state allowence (money) but a functional addict should and could be possible. But they are mostly employed in social job's. Like 2nd hand shit or in take care farm's.

Using drugs in general stigmatize's you. Be it Weed, Booze or Opioid's.

The last group mostly gets an state allowence (money) but a functional addict should and could be possible. But they are mostly employed in social job's. Like 2nd hand shit or in take care farm's.
Let's say youre a high skill educated worker (engineer scientist for example)...but you are also registered methadone or heroin user getting government drugs....will if affect your career prospects? Is the information accessible to the public?

Let's say youre a high skill educated worker (engineer scientist for example)...but you are also registered methadone or heroin user getting government drugs....will if affect your career prospects? Is the information accessible to the public?
That is something I as self medicating man I can't answer.

But the stigma of Alcohol misusage is big.

My 'so called' addicted friend lives in a housing project. And he work's in a re-used stuff store. So probably not. Seeing what he have been through and his high IQ. That career prospect for him is minimal. But he probably has a better base then me, as I am just wrongly diagnosed as unworkable person.

Less help and less option's.

i developed an unholy IV fentanyl and tar heroin habit.
IV Fent habit!!!???

That stuff is truly horrific & an insult to good smack, honestly I'd not take Fent even if I was sick.
How the hell you get on that stuff? It's NOT an opiate, it's a poor shadow of good Smack.

I will try to explain my own experience more vividly when I'm not on my phone. It's very common for people like us to face this sort of thing for a very long time following cessation of use.

It makes everything more painful, physical, mental and emotional. It works just like how Opioids do, but in reverse. Getting out of the shower is excruciatingly cold, a casual insult pierces your heart, you fear abandonment think you're worthless etc.

I associate all of these things with the word pain. I know this all sounds terrible but if someone commits to quitting its possible to get through it all with discipline.

Hyperanalgesia is a major symptom of Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. It all can be handled though.

IV Fent habit!!!???

That stuff is truly horrific & an insult to good smack, honestly I'd not take Fent even if I was sick.
How the hell you get on that stuff? It's NOT an opiate, it's a poor shadow of good Smack.

I was maintained on 380mg/day of methadone at the time so fentanyl was one of the few things able to break through that tolerance level. Was never a fentanyl fan.

I was maintained on 380mg/day of methadone at the time so fentanyl was one of the few things able to break through that tolerance level. Was never a fentanyl fan.
Fent isn't as euphoric as regular opipids. But strangely my single best opioid rush In my life was from fent. But it was combined with DXM and nitrous so that probably did it. But it was when I hit the fent that it happened

It blew away IV hydromorphone which I ranks as the top opioid experience.