• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Pain Relief alternatives

Yeah I quit using mouthwashes with alcohol in them. I do use Biotene but it only works for about 4hrs, so it doesn't cover me when I sleep. Although I use it anyway. lol

You might be on to something. I usually live off caffeine in some form. And my diet is all over the place, which made me wonder if maybe I'm not getting enough vitamin C either.

I thought maybe I was a heavy mouth breather but I've had times where I've taken like 20 minute naps and was half conscious and knew my mouth was closed, and they still started to bleed.

If I go too long without a cigarette or eating, they start to randomly bleed as well.

Yeah Biotene says 4 hour relief. It could be some vitamin or mineral but no idea what. I take B complex, Magnesium "high potency" or whatever, Calcium, D3, Iron, Zinc+. Try drinking the water! Haha.

I just googled Scurvy, wondering about Vitamin C. Well that includes gum disease and dry mouth (and eyes)... Fever, jaundice, neuropathy, convulsions and eventual death 🙄😅😕

I just googled Scurvy, wondering about Vitamin C. Well that includes gum disease and dry mouth (and eyes)... Fever, jaundice, neuropathy, convulsions and eventual death 🙄😅😕
Oh wow!!! Hopefully that's not my case. I don't notice any scurvy symptoms thankfully. lol

I have had myoclonic jerks for like 6 or 7 years now, but they're gotten less frequent. And no doctors could tell me what was causing them, even after doing cat scans on my head & neck. I did have a bunch of abnormal stuff on an EEG though.

I love having these mystery health problems!

Bloodwork is always normal too apparently, besides high cholesterol some times & high hemoglobin which they always say is from my cigarette smoking, which it could be. One doctor told me high hemoglobin could indicate a blood cancer (just lost my mom during her battle with myeloid leukemia through 2019-2021). But he said if I had cancer, it would showing the white blood & T cells attacking it, which they aren't. So it's gotta be either a dental or vitamin problem. I hope.

I’ve been taking over-the-counter Robaxecet for my neck and back over the last couple days.
Never heard of it!

I just took about 500mg of dxm. The dissassociation definitely helps with my head to toe body pain some times. But coming down from it wrecks me mentally and energy-wise unfortunately.

I'm in daily muscle and joint pain and nobody believes me. I was referred to a physio who cancelled my referral after waiting for months, then re-referred, I waited a few more months and the referral only came through after I'd moved out of the area about a year after the initial referral. I was referred to rheumatology and they never contacted me. GP won't prescribe anything. It's exactly like that post-workout feeling, I have unbearable tightness in my calves that yoga does not appear to fix. All of my joints are fucked. I used to cycle literally everywhere and do exercise multiple times a week. Now I get lower back pain from walking the dog. Depression is absolutely fucking me right now and I don't have the energy or motivation to follow up on anything or actually deal with it, I don't think anything I try will work anyway as it never has before. I'm fortunate enough that things that do provide relief are valium and K but I can't take them daily. Opioids aren't really an option without a script.

Zero suggestions to offer. I guess just more of the support-group type "damn, I feel it too, and this fucking sucks". I'll review the suggestions here as well.

Naproxen also potentiates both opioids and gabapentin, which other NSAIDs do not

How does that work with naproxen but not ibuprofen etc, that's interesting, I have naproxen but don't take it as it doesn't help my fibromyalgia and sometimes effects my GERD which is painful so my doctor stopped naproxen but I still have some left, I do buy co codamol over the counter, which I did stop for 10 days but pain came back worse, so now after reading this I've just crushed up a strip of co codamol and doing a CWE and going to take a naproxen with it lol and see what it does

What on earth I had no idea what they was, I googled it, why did I look up images arrrgghhhh, I have a very weak gag reflex, and I can't unsee that, they must of been hard to remove, ouch
Yes, they were a pain in the ass to get out!
My left tonsil crypt is super deep compared to my right one.
I wish now that I would have had them removed when I was younger.