Pages load incredibly slow if at all...

It's been so bad for me that it's becoming the norm sadly. It is worse at night (UK), but at the moment, it's taking a few minutes for pages to load, then it will speed up for a few seconds, then back down again.

It's been so bad for me that it's becoming the norm sadly. It is worse at night (UK), but at the moment, it's taking a few minutes for pages to load, then it will speed up for a few seconds, then back down again.

Have you tried using a different browser? Chrome did wonders for the speed of this site for me.

Same here, painfully slow for the past 4 days. Took me 45 seconds just to load this thread!

Been slow for me too lately. Today it seems fine.

Maybe Jesus (or Bill Gates) just hates druggies.

Aye...we're aware, but not having much success addressing it of late. We'll keep you advised when we start chopping things off to make it better.

is bluelight having server problems?

i do alot of my posting from my blackberry and it has always been smooth. i would have to say with in the last 2 or 3 weeks or so ive noticed that bluelght has been taking an extra long time to load, if it loads at all. i notice this especially while making posts. normally i can get to the site and view something then when i go to reply it wont load giving me the " server seems to be busy try again later"...i will wait 5 mins or so and again same thing. now to test if its my phone or the site i will go to another site and they will load fine. i will attempt to go back to BL and the main page wont even load for me..when this occurs i wont mess with it for a good 20-30mins and try agin and everything works fine. ive been making alot of duplicate posts laitly because of this, and when i do that its a pain to edit it and then delete it and all that just on my blackberry.

i was ust wondering if the site has been having server problems and has been happening to everyone or is it just my phone acting ike a punk.

i ask really cause this site is the only one that it freezes up and gives me the "server" notice

yeah, it's been a headache. but it should be fixed up real good real soon

just bear with us my mang

Ya. Same issues. Slow to initially load when making first contact with the site, but reasonably smooth after that (occurred at 20:30 GMT)

jesus christ. Are you guys ever going to fix this?

Its like ive time traveled back to 1998 and im on a dial up modem when I come here. Time outs and a just pure bullshit.

Aye, just hit a major slowdown 2:00-2:30 AM GMT...we're trying to see what else we can do.

Hell, maybe we should just delete some forums altogether, no?

I keed, I keed.

^ Not going to happen, Also they'd be flooded by complaints of "GIVE US BACK THE LOUNGE!!!" which would probably amount to the amount of traffic that you'd have lost by getting rid of the forums in the first place ;)

Hell, maybe we should just delete some forums altogether, no?

This suggestion is actually one that really should be given some very serious thought.

Currently we have a situation whereby we are struggling to get the HR message out there.

By far the biggest problem is all the social riff raff.

But lets not just remove it altogether.......lets allow them to move to there own site so they are no longer a burden to the HR message.

Yeah my internet works perfectly. It's only Bluelight that won't load/ runs super slowly...

I think we need to get some Russians toggling the power switch ;)

just for size
NSFW:
giantdlink.jpg

Jeez guys, this is getting impossible now. Last night (GMT), I just gave up and went elsewhere. Now that's a sad reflection if others do the same...