• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opium Extraction From seeds now what?

With a few years of experience I would like to make a few comments and clarifications. Please in the interest of harm reduction don't disseminate optimistic information regarding dosing strength if you are not a chemist or trained to actually measure and quantify the ingredients in your final batch. For newcomers that alone can be the single most dangerous information passed on.

So in the interests of harm reduction and err on the side of caution information here goes. Note: I am also not a trained chemist but I will refrain from optimistic dosing information. Information as follows:

- Boiling myth. Just plain wrong and yet the myth has been posted online since the commercial internet started. Telling people boiling destroys the alkaloids and then having them try it and assume a dose will be under strength is dangerous. Morphine does not break down at water boiling temperature. Morphine has a flash point of 247c and boiling point of 476c. Boiling morphine suspended in water will not destroy it. You will reduce the water but the morphine will just sit there. (http://www.lookchem.com/Morphine/). Just remember a lot of morphine by products are made through processes involving extreme heat. Smoking opium likewise relies on extreme heat.

- While heat is unnecessary for extraction of the latex coating the seeds...boiling/simmering will allow you to reduce the amount of liquid ingested so again be careful...that 50ml you end up with after a boiling reduction will still contain approximately the same amount of alkaloids as you started with pre-reduction.

- The colour myth. Having tried thousands of batches from dozens of sources I can say with a high degree of confidence and err on the side of safety by saying colour does not equate to strength. I have had almost clear liquid floor me and the dark brew of hades do not much under otherwise controlled conditions. I know the inclination is to equate colour with strength because the thought is that lack of colour implies unwashed/treated etc. This is simply not the case and even if it were it still wouldn't mean the actual morphine/codeine content was any weaker or stronger. Washing runoff can remove residue or simply displace it. A clean press can still contain just as many invisible to the eye morphine/codeine alkaloids as can a dirty press.

So please be aware and be safe! Cheers.

All the seeds are washed, that's the law. But the signs I mentioned are what you can use to assess whether they were thoroughly washed or barely washed and still rife with opiate alkaloids.

All the seeds are washed, that's the law. But the signs I mentioned are what you can use to assess whether they were thoroughly washed or barely washed and still rife with opiate alkaloids.

A bulk health food store near me always has seeds that are sticky and stick to the bag lol with noticeable poppy pieces. A lb of seeds makes a bitter tea, it only requires like a minute of shaking in a 2l bottle with 500mls of water to get a reasonably clear, but bitter tea. (where as when you soak em for like 20 minutes, it gets milky and oily and nasty tasting, and I don't find much of a difference in potency, as a second wash doesn't taste even a 10th as bitter as the first, even when you just shake it for a minute, so a longer wash just makes it unnecessarily nasty)

I stupidly used about a lb or two for just a week straight, and had noticeable withdrawals about 48 hours after my last dose that lasted over a week. I can say that PST definitely got me high as hell as I had pinned pupils, "opiate" hiccups, extreme nausea when I didn't take some gravol or took to large of a dose, and a very prominent high. The withdrawals were this extreme lethargy, chills, sore bones and muscles, restless legs, runny nose and some nausea although it wasn't overpowering. I could barely get up stairs though for the first few days without feeling like collapsing and had to cancel some things because I felt so ill. I couldn't believe how bad it was from just a week. I'd experienced some lethargy after a few days of use before, but nothing nearly this bad. I was taking a bit of Imodium so I don't know if I woulda had any diarrhea.

I can't imagine what real opiate withdrawal is like, when a person uses daily for months/years. It must be so awful.

- The colour myth. Having tried thousands of batches from dozens of sources I can say with a high degree of confidence and err on the side of safety by saying colour does not equate to strength. I have had almost clear liquid floor me and the dark brew of hades do not much under otherwise controlled conditions. I know the inclination is to equate colour with strength because the thought is that lack of colour implies unwashed/treated etc. This is simply not the case and even if it were it still wouldn't mean the actual morphine/codeine content was any weaker or stronger. Washing runoff can remove residue or simply displace it. A clean press can still contain just as many invisible to the eye morphine/codeine alkaloids as can a dirty press.

Yea, after a quick first wash, I end up with a still pretty clear, bitter liquid. It only gets darker or murkier on repeated washes, and I can assure you that is not caused by the alkaloids... it is much nastier when you let the seeds sits in water for too long of a period of time. The best way to judge potency in my experience is by bitterness.

Last edited:
it is much nastier when you let the seeds sits in water for too long of a period of time.

Exactly. I was going to add that above as well...letting the seed sit in the water longer only means they begin to expel their fatty oils which is pretty gross and does nothing for added morphine/codeine.

I just started researching this to try and wing myself off of perks and i want to have good sucess the first time i do it so i dont get discourage d and give up

Have u ever got a decent high off of walmart winn dixie or publix brands or do i have to shop at organic and herbal shops

I just started researching this to try and wing myself off of perks and i want to have good sucess the first time i do it so i dont get discourage d and give up

I tried the evaporation method a few times. mostly get a sticky layer of tar. tried smoking it and eating and no effect . only once I got flakes .. I sniffed it and it was good. but since then I keep getting tar again . does any one know why? or the secret to get the flakes?

Poppy seed tea crap unpredictable which makes u paranoid when u take it , stick with pods or pills if u really must go down the opiate trap door

Attempting to extract from seeds is pointless. The magic results from the latex produced from the pods. I've gone through this before. It is even quite difficult to gain a high from dried pods much less seeds. It's simply a waste of time and cash.