• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate anger

Just to answer from my experiences... On opiates like Percocet, Lortab, Norco etc I am very upbeat. Tons of energy, happy camper in general. It also seems to increase my patience and tolerance for almost everything.

But, demerol and morphine make me miserable. I am angry, depressed, short tempered. And that seems to last even a couple of days after dose.

One final note, any meds that generally relax other people just dont effect me at all. Xanax, Trazadone, Soma, even Ambien. They have little or no effect at all.. unless I take at least triple standard dose. I don't know why. Everyone's different

Obviously some people get more moody than others with opiates, but I've found that it depends on the opiate and how much I consume. For example: When I take Vicoden ES - more than SIX a day .. I get moody after the first 24 hours or so ... my wife notices, my kids notice ... its a mess. But OxyCodone OxyContin, Percocet, Dilaudid, Morphine ... no anger issues at all. Just Vicoden and sometimes Codene ... but Vics are the worst for some reason.

Buck

As I was reading this, I knew I had talked about it before...cuz I felt the same shit dude. On PMS-Hydromorphone...Check out the thread turned into Report -- http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/394697-Hydromorphone-Inexperienced-ego-and-attitude-on-dilaudid Its weird tho man. I wrote this before I started tryin more ops, and I havent really experienced it alot. Oxys....not so much. But the dillys...oh fuck ya, I will speak my mind, and sometimes speak someone elses mind for some fucked up reason :S

Whoever said he beat his Dog high on ops, as fucked as that is, I can understand it. Its the type of offbeat anger thats just not right, and can almost be scary. But its not an everytime thing, and it wont last long either. Its like an opiate anger nod.

It has nothing to do with withdrawal or blowing a buzz IMO, its just a get the fuck away from me you stupid peice of shit feeling. Maybe some of us got deep anger issues.

Stay up,
Peace

i understand what people are talking about. i am usually unbelievably pleasant on opiates, but every once in a while i can become easily frustrated. including with people. especially on the -morphones. it usually has to do with people talking to me during the nod. if i have trouble responding, it makes me mad because i now look like a fool because they initiated unnecessary small talk. or if someone is taking to long to say what they are saying and i already know what they mean. when i am sober, i am not so inconvenienced by people just trying to talk to me.

well, this is not really BDD material. its time outside of the archive is limited.

Last edited:
Opiates definitely make me more of a dick. I'm so much more quick to say what's on my mind, and stupid little things get on my nerves. I think it's the worst with Oxy, less so with heroin.

sometimes, it almost feels good to be angry on oxy. i try not to be around others when i'm nodding anyways, but when i am i get really annoyed at how stupid others are.

other times, i couldn't give a shit about anyone or anything, and i'm extremely social