• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate anger

yea, i get pissed if something/someone blows my buzz, but i don't get opiate anger...

I never noticed this very much until I was fully addicted to poppy tea. Then I wasn't happy when I was high because I was pissed off and when in withdrawal I was miserable.

The only thing that seems to help is time off.

Things that wouldn't get me angry don't suddenly get me angry, but the things that do make me more angry than usual. It's pretty manageable tho.

I don't get angry per-se, though after the initial wave of the high, i tend to get irritated easily by people and noise.

I've been getting really angry after I do a shot of my Morphine lately,I do big IV shots too,like 200+ mg's.But In my personal experience I've found Oxycodone to be the worst for Opiate Rage.

I get what the OP talks about only with oxycodone. Morphine, codeine, demerol, it's all sweet but oxycodone makes me sleep for 1h then I get a really bad mood and walk extremely fast, same with my speech, I wonder why that is.

There was an incident that occured during the come down of a Morphine high in which i literaly beat the fuck outta my dad. I split his eye open and knocked a tooth out of his mouth.. He was bleeding profuse. I regret it so bad because he didnt deserve it at all. I was angry at someone and took it out on my dog. I mean striking it as if it were a human i was trying to realy injure. He intervened and i continued my onslaught onto him.

When I am really high I feel real good but I tend to get agitated easily with people.

Does anyone here get extremely angry from opiates? I've searched google and can't find anything relating to what I feel from opiates... When I take a dose of opiates, the first effect I feel is a weird spaciness, followed by extreme anger towards everything; noises, silence, people, tastes, smells, everything makes me so angry. I don't get sedative effects from opiates, I get a complete loss of anxiety, a rush(if I shoot) and aggressive/angry behavioral effects.

I love opiates to death, but why the fuck do I get so energetic and angry on them, I can't sleep while im on opiates I just have way too much angry energy, it's weird, I have the weirdest reactions to some drugs.

So can anyone relate? Or am I just a weirdo >.<

I know exactly what your talking about! it usually makes me very peaceful but sometimes im freakin pissed!! i dont know why but it does that from time to time.

I get opiate anger. Sometimes I'll just snap at someone just 100% out of no where...

for me it is a matter of what opiates I'm on, codeine and morphine both leave me easily agitated. Hydrocodone dihydrocodeine and oxycodone all cause empathy. Tramadol could be either depending on teh day and my mood prior to dosing, but in general i felt good and happy on it. *shrug*

yea opiates used to do that to me when i first started. i'd get so pissed off at my friends for no reason at all. now i'm just covered in sweet opiate euphoria for hours and hours :). im still feelin an 80 i crushed and ate last night actually hahaha

lol yea after I was on heroin for a while, whenever I was high it would amplify the bitchyness of my girlfriend by 50 zillion. Definitely more irritable. Specially when the bitch ruins my nod. I pitty the fool...

nah, I've learned to control my anger even on drugs, I can get a little more irritated when I'm on some tramadol sometimes but I've gotten in so much trouble in the past that I've learned to control my natural bad temper considerably better , everytime I get really angry usually someone goes to the hospital and I go to jail. That cycle has got to stop.

I love to take opiates and chill around alone, but I do tend to get cranky with others around me while high somtimes. Not all the time, but it does happen.

Does anyone here get extremely angry from opiates? I've searched google and can't find anything relating to what I feel from opiates... When I take a dose of opiates, the first effect I feel is a weird spaciness, followed by extreme anger towards everything; noises, silence, people, tastes, smells, everything makes me so angry. I don't get sedative effects from opiates, I get a complete loss of anxiety, a rush(if I shoot) and aggressive/angry behavioral effects.

I love opiates to death, but why the fuck do I get so energetic and angry on them, I can't sleep while im on opiates I just have way too much angry energy, it's weird, I have the weirdest reactions to some drugs.

So can anyone relate? Or am I just a weirdo >.<

i know exactly what you're talking about man.
i get straight up evil on ppl when i'm on opiates, any opiate really! I havent found 1 which doesn't get me all irritated and angry (especially near the comedown).

the smallest things will set me off and i'm just the most terrible person to be around.

When I first started using I never had this problem. But as my recreational use lead into addiction I began to get easily irritated when I would get high. After the initial 30-45 minutes of awesome glowyness began to wear off, I would get incredibly irritated by small and big things and would become very short with people. Wasn't worth your time to try and argue with me when I was high...I wouldn't ever lose an argument. I wouldn't let it rest until the opposing side conceded. But I was never wrong to begin with anyways 8) right?

Last edited: