• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opiate and opioid withdrawal: Coping strategies and medication

You dont have to rush it Evey, you could allow yourself time to stabilze at a new dose for a few days / up to a week. Perhaps it's a mistake to keep on pushing hard when your body hasnt even got used to the last one yet. I can sense how mentally determined you sound, and that your ready to get the battle over and done with. Only you will know if you're gonna keep pushing hard through the pain. I'd have at least 1 or 2 rest up points during the taper. Otherwise i believe you really will run yourself down physically.

If you have any chance of avoiding taper discomfort then you must avoid NDRA's until completed, Evey.
As you seem to be finding out, they mask the WD until the comedown where it is amplified 1000x on top of depleted neurotransmitters.

NDRAs?

The WDs seem to be coming in waves.

I had no choice but to change to another antidepressant from citalopram as the side affects are really affecting me n have been for awhile now.

Evey

You dont have to rush it Evey, you could allow yourself time to stabilze at a new dose for a few days / up to a week. Perhaps it's a mistake to keep on pushing hard when your body hasnt even got used to the last one yet. I can sense how mentally determined you sound, and that your ready to get the battle over and done with. Only you will know if you're gonna keep pushing hard through the pain. I'd have at least 1 or 2 rest up points during the taper. Otherwise i believe you really will run yourself down physically.

I have a feeling that my kw n I are not on the same page. I am under the impression that I'm on each taper point four-weekly whereas thinking back on what she was saying she has me two-weekly. Oh well not lot I can do about that now but last time we talked she said it ends in July n last visit she says I've only 8 weeks.

Evey

NDRAs?

The WDs seem to be coming in waves.

I had no choice but to change to another antidepressant from citalopram as the side affects are really affecting me n have been for awhile now.

Evey

NDRAs = Norepinephrine-Dopamine Releasing Agents, basically amphetamines and similar stimulants such as 3-FPM (simplifying a bit, but that's the pertinent bit)

Granted it's up to you whether an SSRI (or indeed any drug) is working for you, but it still probably would have been the more bearable option to not be screwing with your 5-HT system AND your opiate receptors AND treating your NE and DA systems like they were a yo-yo loaded in a pair of opposing naval railguns at once. Granted I'm not exactly the poster child for sense here, given the amounts of speed I've been having while dropping off fluoxetine, but subjectively I would say it's definitely been kicking me around a fair bit more than before I was quitting SSRIs, and that's without the added pain of opiate withdrawals, not to mention I try and stick to only a night or so's worth of partying, followed by as much break as I can fit in, with plenty of rest and at least something resembling nutrition in between.

You're fairly clearly set on doing everything at once, but you should accept that you are going to get your arse handed to you a fair bit, and the more you stim the worse it will be once the crash comes. That's just what stims do to you, even at the best of times, and there's really nothing you can do to cheat that.

^True

I've not had one cold since ive been on subs. Now I've a cold lol. Oh well worst things happen at sea :) x

Evey

I can think of few things worse than using a stim that releases large amounts of noradrealine while your brain is being flooded with it and your receptors sucking it up while in withdrawal. I tried 3-fpm once while in paws from a large prescription opiate habit and it was just horrible. Made the wds 1000 worse. I'm surprised your feeling so terrible from a reduction from 2mg to 1.6mg subs. Woudlnt have thought it would have been that bad on it's own. Definitely the things going on with the otber meds making it worse.

On a personal note. It feels awful being on MST again. I'm trying to keep the dose much lower than prescribed and not take them every day but the pain ive been suffering recently from my flare up of my Reiters Syndrome has just been too fucking intense to bear. :(

I cant do this taper its too much. Shes got me down to taper two weekly i thought it was four werkly n when i talked to her i was on 3 n thought i could do it. Im in tears i dunno what to do this is too much n im petrified of being without subs after 3 years. Sorry if this makes me weak but i dont know what to do :(

Evey

I cant do this taper its too much. Shes got me down to taper two weekly i thought it was four werkly n when i talked to her i was on 3 n thought i could do it. Im in tears i dunno what to do this is too much n im petrified of being without subs after 3 years. Sorry if this makes me weak but i dont know what to do :(

Evey

It isn't too much, you aren't weak and you can do it.

What you can do is stop mixing drugs infamous for obliterating self-control and behaviour conveniently at the same point they wear off....

Hopefully my key worker will let me do this at a slower pace. I asked for four weekly. When i thought I could cone straight off i must have had a screw lose i couldn't even get off codeine i need to
Go slower cause struggling to look after little one. I took too much on herd as well as transferring to sertaline. Im going to start the sert today nit Saturday.
I've some kratom coming as was advised it would help. I honestly dom't know people can do this i feel like im in dream ive gotta go to get my subs later n goodness knhws how im going to do it.

I've only dropped by 0.4 mg yet feels like the worst drop ive done.

Evey

You have been told this before. It takes *two weeks* of *absolutely regular* dosing (same amount, same time every day, give or take 5 minutes -- and watch for the clocks going forward this weekend, meaning you will have to start dosing an hour earlier) to get stable on buprenorphine. If you deviate from your schedule by more than 5 minutes, you will mess it up. It really is *that* critical.

You have been told this before. It takes *two weeks* of *absolutely regular* dosing (same amount, same time every day, give or take 5 minutes -- and watch for the clocks going forward this weekend, meaning you will have to start dosing an hour earlier) to get stable on buprenorphine. If you deviate from your schedule by more than 5 minutes, you will mess it up. It really is *that* critical.

Do you have a source for that Julie? I've never heard of a drug with such a Long half life have that strict an administration schedule.

Going on a 48 hour half-life, after 14 days there will be 1/128 of the original amount in your system; which is close enough to nothing to ignore. But you'll still notice an error of > about 5 minutes in dosing time.

I still think what we really need is a wearable monitor keeping track of endogenous and exogenous opioid levels, and capable of administering a short HL opioid in quantities that will not interfere adversely with endorphin production recovery .....

Ive just been to the pharmacy in tears. This is why i like to do things my own way. They're got me down next Tuesday as l.2 i cant even cope on1.6 even typing n reading this hurts n nie im going to be going to 1.2 if id done this i could hace decided it wasnt right.
Be ok if i had my self but no way can i look after a7 year old on this taper. I csnt do this n unlesd people
Hace been on subs or methadone please dont tell me what my body can n can not do i
Literally feel im in a bubble n i could not even get off codeine i literally feel Im in some fatigued dream where everything is achine n im downing down with something.

Evidence please?

Evey

I've some kratom coming as was advised it would help. I honestly dom't know people can do this i feel like im in dream ive gotta go to get my subs later n goodness knhws how im going to do it.

I've only dropped by 0.4 mg yet feels like the worst drop ive done.

It may be the smallest drop in terms of mg, but in percentage terms i bet it ones of the biggest, have you ever reduced by 25% or more before all in one go?

Knowing what is happening with your Bupe I think you should also re-consider the kratom idea. It probably wont take long before you realise that eating a lot if kratom makes you feel rather good, especially if you ditch the bupe, which will limit the effectcts of the K. It does and it will, but it is only a stopgap at best, you will exhasut your kratom tolerance within few months, plus it besided peoples personal stockpiles it will be quite difficult to obtain post ban, i should think. I thought you were intending to use a small amount of K at the end of your bupe taper, it would string things out, but with very good dosing and self control could make those first 2 weeks off bupe a literal run round the park.

BUT, when you then quit kratom, you will be essentially qutitng a bupe and kratom habit rolled into one. This will not be pleasant. Under these circumstances I dont't think it will help.

Evidence please?
Says she who takes her subs on a more or less random schedule, increasing and decreasing according to whim and caprice, and has the gall to wonder why she is not getting any better .....

As for the kratom ..... please, just don't.

Says she who takes her subs on a more or less random schedule, increasing and decreasing according to whim and caprice, and has the gall to wonder why she is not getting any better .....

As for the kratom ..... please, just don't.

It's called an addiction :\
As for kratom I think do. I've been advised it will help :)

Evey

It's called an addiction :\
As for kratom I think do. I've been advised it will help :)

Evey

Yeah, I'm sure it'll help just like suboxone did when you were quitting codeine, because it's just another opiate (or possibly an opoid, I've never checked details or anything) and you'll have the same withdrawals (perhaps shorter because of the shorter half-life, but it'll still be opiate withdrawal) once you get to quitting kratom. It's not some magic cure for withdrawal or anything, it's just the same shit in new packaging. Literally everyone who has posted in your thread has said it's a bad idea, where are you getting the idea it'll help from?

^no offence but you don't even know me or my journey n are practically half my age. Its my business what I choose to use as WD n quite a few people have used kratom. I'd rather hear from people who have gone through opiate addiction know me thanks as I find it condescending. It's like me thinking I know what I'm talking about when it comes to LSD etc n lecturing someone on it it's offensive.

I've taken the advice to use kraton off opiate Addicts who have been addicted fpr DECADES. They know a bit about what they're talking about.

I'm not discussing this further must there be a big battle every time I decide something.

Evey