• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids only feeling fentanyl for a day?

pillman1224

Bluelighter
this happened to me a few weeks ago on thanksgiving break and has been on my mind ever since. the short version is i shaved the area above my heart until it was almost bleeding put on a mylan 75mcg patch and applied a blow dryer on high for about a minute or until i couldnt take the burning anymore. within 2 hours i was feeling it. by the end of the night i was gasping for air passing out repeat then took 60mgs of temazepam and slept for a solid 12 hours.

the question why did i wake up sober? i know i woke up with a massive headache from oxygen depreivation and pain in my hip which still doesnt work right since because i slept of my left side all night. i want to try the patch again, same dose no benzos but if i will only be high for 1 day then whats the point. i hope i didnt sleep through the high as i heard the second day is the best and want to expirience this.

thanks and btw i have a tolerance and these are not mylan. thanks guys and girls and have a fuckered up new year.

this happened to me a few weeks ago on thanksgiving break and has been on my mind ever since. the short version is i shaved the area above my heart until it was almost bleeding put on a mylan 75mcg patch and applied a blow dryer on high for about a minute or until i couldnt take the burning anymore. within 2 hours i was feeling it. by the end of the night i was gasping for air passing out repeat then took 60mgs of temazepam and slept for a solid 12 hours.

the question why did i wake up sober? i know i woke up with a massive headache from oxygen depreivation and pain in my hip which still doesnt work right since because i slept of my left side all night. i want to try the patch again, same dose no benzos but if i will only be high for 1 day then whats the point. i hope i didnt sleep through the high as i heard the second day is the best and want to expirience this.

thanks and btw i have a tolerance and these are not mylan. thanks guys and girls and have a fuckered up new year.
Geeze, after an experience with that why would you even want to try the same dose again? The reason you woke up sober is because fentanyl is, although very potent, a shorter-acting opiate.

Why on Earth would you drop 60mgs of Temaz if you were, by your own admission, "gasping for air"?!
It only lasted a shorter than expected time because you heated the patch until you almost burnt the skin, releasing far too much at once and almost dying in the process.
No matter how you use it, the 72hr patches will not get high for 72hrs straight, and if you fuck with the time release like you did you end up dose-dumping with the last drug on Earth you wanna be dose-dumping.

Geeze, after an experience with that why would you even want to try the same dose again? The reason you woke up sober is because fentanyl is, although very potent, a shorter-acting opiate.

i still had the patch on when i woke up though. why do i want to expirience it again? i dunna. part of me likes being that close to death the other part wants to find out the potential for the mallinckrodt patches when actually worn as opposed to chewing them, which is what i have been doing with them and i can taste an "extra layer" so i must chew chew chew.

edit- Sprout i wasnt expecting 72 hours of fun but at least 30-40.

Last edited:
There is literally zero fun in Fentanyl, it lacks all the features that make Heroin et al enjoyable, trading them for the kind of respiratory depression that has you "gasping for air" before you get anywhere close to the same level of euphoria.
I shot the shit directly into my venous system for months and never got anything close to even Codeine in the euphoria stakes.

There is literally zero fun in Fentanyl, it lacks all the features that make Heroin et al enjoyable, trading them for the kind of respiratory depression that has you "gasping for air" before you get anywhere close to the same level of euphoria.
I shot the shit directly into my venous system for months and never got anything close to even Codeine in the euphoria stakes.

i do find (and i was actually gonna start a thread on this) fentanyl nods and the high in general lacks a "soul" even on the verge of a possibly od i didnt get the euphoria i get from oxy or even hydro for that matter. probably because of the total synthetic nature of the drug. my tolerance is too high for percocet to be a viable option right now i tried.

i dont want this thread to go off. i should have added this in the original post i put the patch on in the morning. if i put it on later in the day i feel i will sleep through most of it again.

so final word anything i can do to make the patch longer any than add less heat. its going on in less than an hour

edit- to answer the question why did i take the temazz? i figured i could be up all night hoping i dont die or take the temazz and hope i woke up and guess what i did.

To your original question--it didn't last as long as when you wear it normally because, well, you didn't wear it normally. You applied heat for a good amount of time thus causing causing more of the drug to be released instantly rather than time released.

Same thing that happens when you take a piece buccally. In no way does it last for even a day, let alone 72 hours.

The long lasting effect is based on the premise you don't do anything to change it

Kind of like if you had an OC80 and crushed it. You get all the drug at once so it is no longer an ER med.

And, I have to say it, don't mix the benzo in. Tolerant or not, when you are messing with applying heat and such you don't know how much of the patch is going to be immediately absorbed. And fentanyl causes much respiratory depression on its own, even when you may not feel super high. You don't want to have a benzo blackout where you keep dosing until ....you never do again

EDIT: I see you're about to try again. wear the patch and don't apply heat. But be patient. You won't hit the peak until somewhere between 12-18 hours in. Then should stay at that level into day 3. Patience my friend....and this will also prevent the feeling like you're going to die gasping cause you won't release too big of an amount at once and feel like shit then sleep and wake and feel nothing

Put it on and go about your day. Somewhere around hour 3 you'll start feeling something. Around hour 6-8 feeling nice...and by tomorrow you'll have a nice day

Last edited:
To your original question--it didn't last as long as when you wear it normally because, well, you didn't wear it normally. You applied heat for a good amount of time thus causing causing more of the drug to be released instantly rather than time released.

Same thing that happens when you take a piece buccally. In no way does it last for even a day, let alone 72 hours.

The long lasting effect is based on the premise you don't do anything to change it

Kind of like if you had an OC80 and crushed it. You get all the drug at once so it is no longer an ER med.

And, I have to say it, don't mix the benzo in. Tolerant or not, when you are messing with applying heat and such you don't know how much of the patch is going to be immediately absorbed. And fentanyl causes much respiratory depression on its own, even when you may not feel super high. You don't want to have a benzo blackout where you keep dosing until ....you never do again

EDIT: I see you're about to try again. wear the patch and don't apply heat. But be patient. You won't hit the peak until somewhere between 12-18 hours in. Then should stay at that level into day 3. Patience my friend....and this will also prevent the feeling like you're going to die gasping cause you won't release too big of an amount at once and feel like shit then sleep and wake and feel nothing

Put it on and go about your day. Somewhere around hour 3 you'll start feeling something. Around hour 6-8 feeling nice...and by tomorrow you'll have a nice day

words cannot describe how appreciative i am of crzydiamond here thanks my friend. i logged on after putting it on. i fucked up though, (hair dryer on high for about 1 and a half minuted total). will not use any further heat as i dont want to waste these. i do have a concern. the area in which i put it on was bleeding a little from the shaving of the skin. will this make it release more? this is a 100mcg patch that i cut 3/4 of it off. the other 1/4 was used buccally as i wanted to see the distribution of the higher dose patch. i used a electronic ruler down to a 1/100th of an inch to measure but dont think i cut it quite right. so this one is probably a tiny bit smaller maybe 70mcg.

It might make it release more/faster as one way to make it do so involves scraping up the skin where you're about to put the patch. So I've heard anyway. Never tried that so I can't speak from experience as I generally prefer to

I'd just leave it be for now. If you didn't force too much out and skin doesn't affect it you should be ok. If you still have issues wear one another time without heating and on regular skin( maybe shave a few days prior) and see if there is a difference). Good luck

It might make it release more/faster as one way to make it do so involves scraping up the skin where you're about to put the patch. So I've heard anyway. Never tried that so I can't speak from experience as I generally prefer to

I'd just leave it be for now. If you didn't force too much out and skin doesn't affect it you should be ok. If you still have issues wear one another time without heating and on regular skin( maybe shave a few days prior) and see if there is a difference). Good luck

thank you. the shaving isnt to remove hair as i dont have chest hair but when reading the old "duragesic FAQ" it suggested shaving the area above yer heart to the point where it is bare skin. well i took it a step further i guess.

I'm going to try and not lay into you too hard, but do you realize how reckless and insanely stupid this was?

You were literally gasping for air and decided not only to leave the patch on but to take benzos on top of everything?

If you can't shave without cutting yourself, fentanyl might not be the drug for you. Also, you have probably used the majority of the fentanyl in that patch, which is a good thing considering you came close to killing yourself in the process.

In the name of harm reduction I strongly suggest you stick to safer opiates. Fentanyl isn't a lot of fun, is extremely dangerous and will further destroy your tolerance.

While you say part of you "likes being that close to death" your other part might not be so happy to die in your sleep gasping for air.

i know how stupid it was but i was and still am going through a rough time right now. i left the patch on cause i didnt want to waste it. seeing as i dont have that many and probably will never come across them again. i shave with a straight razor (dovo 5/8th half hollow) and maybe 1/10 shaves i get a little nick.

as i stated in my previous post the shaving wasnt to remove hair as i dont have chest hair. it was to remove a few layers of skin the minor bleeding was just part of the process. i do like being close to death at times. same as any extreme sport guy or nascar driver. we didnt give dale jr. shit for driving after his dad died so why give someone shit (not saying you are giving me shit your actually being real polite which i appreciate) for trying a drug after it almost killed them.

Last edited:
Fenatyl is not a lot of fun , butyr-fentanyl or even aeyl-fent is a lot more euphoric and warm.

fentanyl is really the ice queen of opiates

here's ice queen =

When I took sandoz fentanyl patches buccally for me, it was like oxy. That slightly speedy opiate high. Not a noddy heroin high. I think a lot of people have never done it and just repeat what they hear as far as what fentanyl feels like. Although, if that keeps people away from it I guess maybe that's ok lol

I did it as my DOC for over a year, and while it has a lot of negatives including tolerance raise, I found it to be a good high and not nearly as easy to overdose as ppl say. That's with patches though. I know powdered fentanyl is quite different

When I took sandoz fentanyl patches buccally for me, it was like oxy. That slightly speedy opiate high. Not a noddy heroin high. I think a lot of people have never done it and just repeat what they hear as far as what fentanyl feels like. Although, if that keeps people away from it I guess maybe that's ok lol

I did it as my DOC for over a year, and while it has a lot of negatives including tolerance raise, I found it to be a good high and not nearly as easy to overdose as ppl say. That's with patches though. I know powdered fentanyl is quite different

i agree i have had this on for about three hours and i am amped as fuck. been doing productive shit all day. cleaning, trimming my cats and bearded dragons nails. even gave my ashtray a bath. still prefer oxy obviously but i cant compare this to heroin as i havent done it. if i could get my hands on diconal i would have no problem using it. but drugs i cant identify ie. type imprint code into google i just wont do. pharmies are much safer cause at least i know what i am putting in my body.

well i have to say even though i am nodding in and out of consciousness every minute or so then waking up, i am not having too much noticeable respiratory depression. i might only need one restoril to fall asleep tonight. hopefully none at all.

Why don't u chew the patch I heard that's a good way for it to hit u ....

Buccall is my Primary ROA. sometimes you just have one of those "i need to be high as fuck all day or im gonna hang myself" type days. the last part was a joke i dont have the balls to kill myself.