• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids only feeling fentanyl for a day?

Terrible thread.

OP if you keep making bad decisions with fentanyl you will die somewhere down the line. There's not much to say about that.

Fentanyl is also total garbage as a recreational drug. For an equivalent amount of respiratory depression you get much less recreational mileage out of a given dose, and it's quite short acting, and the long acting forms are difficult to reliably convert to short acting and then to dose in a nonlethal manner unless you have an outrageous tolerance. Also, fentanyl use is a great way to build an outrageous tolerance without having much fun. Not to mention it is dumb expensive.

Stick to heroin (or whatever.)

Terrible thread.

OP if you keep making bad decisions with fentanyl you will die somewhere down the line. There's not much to say about that.

Fentanyl is also total garbage as a recreational drug. For an equivalent amount of respiratory depression you get much less recreational mileage out of a given dose, and it's quite short acting, and the long acting forms are difficult to reliably convert to short acting and then to dose in a nonlethal manner unless you have an outrageous tolerance. Also, fentanyl use is a great way to build an outrageous tolerance without having much fun. Not to mention it is dumb expensive.

Stick to heroin (or whatever.)

wow on a harm reduction forum this is the second time someone has said "stick to heroin" I HAVE NEVER DONE HEROIN the inconsistency is what is keeping me away. and its been that way for close to six years. why is this a terrible thread?

^
why cause you have no connections? Those are the first to be found blue behind their computers in my experience from bluelight.
perhaps you should just look around there are more fun and safe opiates around if you can get fent I bet you can get codeine , which is to this day still one of my favorite opiates next to perhaps only heroin.

without getting into specifics i have one hookup for percs and its a very limited supply. i know we have lost several BLers to fentanyl but imo heroin is still more dangerous cause i cant tell the potency.

I would agree on that single point, however, Fentanyl is what I consider the 'end of the line' Opioid.
Two reasons: typically those of us who head down that path littered with corpses and regret have abused every other Opioid available and have an addiction so deep rooted we accept dying on the floor as acceptable.
The other: once Fentanyl gets a hold over you the odds of getting free are slim to nil whereas death is all but certain.

Typically I needed to double my dose every 4-6 weeks, the ability of Fent and its ilk to ruin your receptors is unrivalled - I couldn't get high on any other Opioid eventually. Such a progression almost inevitably offers up IV use as a way to slow it down, it seems sensible once those icy claws take hold - within a year I could shoot 5,000mcg and feel nothing, ~8mg/day was standard and even 12,000 mics administered directly provided but 4 hours of euphoria.

Walk away while you still can.

^
that's a valid point but only in the pharms vs street drugs discussion. In the Uk diacetyl morphine ampoules are available and can be prescribed for pain , in my country you can get a heroin prescription if you are persuasive and rigorous in your (abu)use. Also the fent I used to get by the half -m came in

powdergragra\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I would agree on that single point, however, Fentanyl is what I consider the 'end of the line' Opioid.
Two reasons: typically those of us who head down that path littered with corpses and regret have abused every other Opioid available and have an addiction so deep rooted we accept dying on the floor as acceptable.
The other: once Fentanyl gets a hold over you the odds of getting free are slim to nil whereas death is all but certain.

Typically I needed to double my dose every 4-6 weeks, the ability of Fent and its ilk to ruin your receptors is unrivalled - I couldn't get high on any other Opioid eventually. Such a progression almost inevitably offers up IV use as a way to slow it down, it seems sensible once those icy claws take hold - within a year I could shoot 5,000mcg and feel nothing, ~8mg/day was standard and even 12,000 mics administered directly provided but 4 hours of euphoria.

Walk away while you still can.

this is what was available to me at the time. i didnt have any other opi's to choose from. i probably could have gotten heroin but i cannot and will not go down that road. ill stop when they are finished. only three patches left, i dont use whole patches at a time and am not wearing them anymore as i suffered WD this weekend. if opana, or more mscontin was an option i would have gone with that but it was either fent or sober. and at the time sober wasnt an option.

^
What road is that exactly? Heroin is pretty safe compared to Demerol , fentanyl , tramadol , etc. heck more people kill themselves with methadone around these parts Just cause it's a pharmaceutical in your country doesn't make a drug safe , don't forget heroin was pulled of the market because it was too good in terms of euphoria to respiratory depression and a relative lack of side effects.

seems to me like you just don't have a clue as where to get good heroin in that case I agree you should abstain.

and BTW nobody is recommending heroin
I was addicted to that horrible shit for years and still have lasting problems
but heroin is seriously in harm reduction terms safer than the practices you describe in your OP
(patch-heating, combining with temazepam, etc.)
always love how one class of drug user will look down on the next
the pot heads, hard drugs are bad
the pill heads, at least I am not doing dope, the snorters, at least I'm not booting
everyone, at least I'm not a crackhead
but seriously fentanyl is bad news, my friend
can kill you handily, escalate your tolerance, and isn't all that much fun

This is the Stupidest thing I've ever heard. Sorry Dude but WTF? Get rid of those right now. They are not for you and ya don't start with a 75. Those will keep ya high for a good 30 or more hrs and will Kill ur chances of getting off on anything else ever again and getting off of those is the worst thing out there. I wore those for yrs and you my Friend Shouldn't. First sounds like to me, you had a Panic Attack because It takes a lot longer for it to really kick in and when it just started, You Freaked, even when taken off, it will release from fat cells for half a day.
I used to do the same thing. Shave/Heat/Press real hard so it will stick for days and not fall off. It takes days to build fully. A good 2-4hrs to build on the skin/fat then start transferring to ur blood.
And the first time that's taken, is the most Dangerous and should of never been attempted alone for the first 24hrs

i had a bunch of 100mcg fent vials for IV.. i thought it would be great but there was no rush.. i felt it in like 2 mins. and it was shit.. i felt tired and sleepy.. a little tingle of opiate euphoria but nothing special. i found vaporised butyr-fentanyl MUCH more euphoric then real fentanyl IV'd. and it was over in like an hour. demerol IV, however... wow.

Ironically, the only way heroin is going to be more dangerous in OD terms than the patch-molesting practices described ITT is if you get a hot bag of fentadope.

Last edited:
did anyone miss the fact im not wearing them anymore. i a have never in my life looked down on someone for using heroin over pills when in the end we are all the same. IDK where you would have gotten that notion. and the person that said i wont feel anything else again, i took a 2 day break and felt nice on 20mg of oxycodone.