• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

On subs again

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
I was doing 100 grams of white elephant in two days. I decided I needed intervention. I went to a doc. They slowly put me on suboxone, I know I know. But this was the only option. Last time I cold turkeyed kratom I was up for three weeks straight.

I go to classes and I’m pretty straightening out. I’m on Lyrica and he’s reducing the klonopin. He wants to see first hand my anxiety before he can make a choice on that matter.
Anyway anyone here kinda in the same loop. I take 75 mg of lyrica three times a day. 24 mg of suboxons. And .5 of klonopin.

Yeah I agree with pumpkin that you are overmedicated. If I was in Your shoes I would try to bring the dose down to a more reasonable level. Besides the only thing that seems to increase with a dose like that is side effects in my experience and coming off kratom since it's a weak opioid you shouldnt make a silverback gorilla habit out of a lemur sized problem. Doctor should've known better. 😒

24mg is the ceiling dose curently accepted in addiction medicine. It is a lot. However, FOR NOW, maybe stay at that dose for a couple of months and get to a stable point. If you feel like taking less, take less. Don't use it to chip. If you were truly using 100 grams of heroin in a 2 day span... I'd put you on a high as fuck dose too. Frankly, unless it was seriously stepped on and your tolerance is through the roof... I would find it hard to believe, but there was a time when I was moving drugs and using a large amount of what would become tar heroin. My tolerance was fucking huge and I had been using for a long ass time. My first doctor put me on 8mg and quickly stepped it to 4mg.

Let me tell you that the 8mg did enough to not make me sick but gave me cravings like a motherfucker. After a year of chipping and that doc being hella inconsistent I found a clinic who told me to be straight up with them. I was... I said that when I wasn't using Bupe I could shoot a gram of cleaned up, micron filtered heroin. That was the truth. My doctor put me on 20mg of Subutex. That dose literally saved my life. The doc also made me take in front of her for a week and talked to me for an hour about why and what and all that stuff. So that doctor probably saved my life. I stayed on 20mg for... about 3 months and gradually brought it down to 8. Stockpiled the pills for a rainy day. Turns out most clinics aren't as cool as that one. When I moved away, I used that stockpile and tapered down. It saved me from relapse and it has allowed me to say "Yeah, I'm clean." for the better part of 10 years now.

It is a lot. I'm surprised that they're prescribing a benzo with it. The doc's wanting to step it down, makes 100% sense. Frankly, if you see two docs: one for addiction and one for your "other mental shit". That would probably be good. Address it on two fronts. Maybe toss in a therapist and some group meetings while you're at it.

24mg is the ceiling dose curently accepted in addiction medicine. It is a lot. However, FOR NOW, maybe stay at that dose for a couple of months and get to a stable point. If you feel like taking less, take less. Don't use it to chip. If you were truly using 100 grams of heroin in a 2 day span... I'd put you on a high as fuck dose too. Frankly, unless it was seriously stepped on and your tolerance is through the roof... I would find it hard to believe, but there was a time when I was moving drugs and using a large amount of what would become tar heroin. My tolerance was fucking huge and I had been using for a long ass time. My first doctor put me on 8mg and quickly stepped it to 4mg.

Let me tell you that the 8mg did enough to not make me sick but gave me cravings like a motherfucker. After a year of chipping and that doc being hella inconsistent I found a clinic who told me to be straight up with them. I was... I said that when I wasn't using Bupe I could shoot a gram of cleaned up, micron filtered heroin. That was the truth. My doctor put me on 20mg of Subutex. That dose literally saved my life. The doc also made me take in front of her for a week and talked to me for an hour about why and what and all that stuff. So that doctor probably saved my life. I stayed on 20mg for... about 3 months and gradually brought it down to 8. Stockpiled the pills for a rainy day. Turns out most clinics aren't as cool as that one. When I moved away, I used that stockpile and tapered down. It saved me from relapse and it has allowed me to say "Yeah, I'm clean." for the better part of 10 years now.

It is a lot. I'm surprised that they're prescribing a benzo with it. The doc's wanting to step it down, makes 100% sense. Frankly, if you see two docs: one for addiction and one for your "other mental shit". That would probably be good. Address it on two fronts. Maybe toss in a therapist and some group meetings while you're at it.
It is 100 mgs of Kratom........not heroin. Kratom to suboxone is crazy. eh. I know I thought he meant heroin too when I first read it but White Elephant is Kratom. LOL

Tbh mate I think you're kratom dosage isnt all that bad I think you could maybe triple that dose quite easily. Why just get high when you can can get touch the sky high!!!

Also why bother with a small dose of subs like that. Youd be far better off jumping straight on to 100mcg fentanyl patches maybe throw some heroin in just to be sure you have withdrawals fully covered....

Hope that helps 👌👍

100 grams of kratom.... 24 mg subs 🤔🙄
Now your either dick sizing here or your a troll.

I did the numbers. I was taking 42 grams of Kratom a day. Buying 200 grams from a smoke shop every four days.

I mean the Kratom was good. I’m not sick sizing. I’m just putting it into perspective.
Last time I stopped I literally was up for three weeks straight. At least with the subs I can judge better weaning and having a doc force me to take them properly

Tbh mate I think you're kratom dosage isnt all that bad I think you could maybe triple that dose quite easily. Why just get high when you can can get touch the sky high!!!

Also why bother with a small dose of subs like that. Youd be far better off jumping straight on to 100mcg fentanyl patches maybe throw some heroin in just to be sure you have withdrawals fully covered....

Hope that helps 👌👍

100 grams of kratom.... 24 mg subs 🤔🙄
Now your either dick sizing here or your a troll.
sonic is a long time poster who has shared his troubles freely on this site.

if you doubt someone then you are welcome to query but please, this is a recovery focused sub forum and we need to be respectful to each other to foster a supportive environment.

i have never taken kratom so don't know whether the doses mentioned are particularly large but i have had people accuse me of exaggerating my crack habit when i didn't and did not find it helpful.

We all react differently to different substances. I have heard before that people stopped heroin and oxycodone but were unable to stop kratom. If it is an addiction that is ruining somebody's life, then the fact that it is kratom and not fentanyl makes little difference. Although I would also take some issue with dosing buprenorphine at 24mg, but on the other hand it can also serve a purpose for 1-2 months until the person stabilizes. Then, if possible, buprenorphine should be lowered to a more acceptable dosage. But what is most important is that the person regains control and stability. Anyways cutting 24mg to 8 mg buprenorphine is fairly easy and more of a psychological issue. OP I wish you the best and please keep us informed.

It is 100 mgs of Kratom........not heroin. Kratom to suboxone is crazy. eh. I know I thought he meant heroin too when I first read it but White Elephant is Kratom. LOL
Ah, yes, that is hugely different. I did not read the entire thread and that's on me. I was like, there's no way he's doing that much heroin... Like physically, it would be pretty goddamned impressive if that was long term sustaintaned use. I feel silly. For that dose of Kratom, 8mg of Bupe should be plenty. Just don't take what the doc is prescribing you... Take what you are comfortable on. 24mg of Bupe for that much Kratom... That's definitely overkill.

sonic is a long time poster who has shared his troubles freely on this site.

if you doubt someone then you are welcome to query but please, this is a recovery focused sub forum and we need to be respectful to each other to foster a supportive environment.

i have never taken kratom so don't know whether the doses mentioned are particularly large but i have had people accuse me of exaggerating my crack habit when i didn't and did not find it helpful.
😵
my bad I'm big enough and ugly to hold my hands up
I know that is a high dose of kratom and I've been on subs in the past coming off IV heroin use for 5 years and I wad only put on 8mg and it did the trick. To be prescribed 24mg for a kratom habit is huge over kill. So excuse me if I offended you sonic wasn't my intention. I honestly thought you were a troll just posting for reactions
Turns out iam the troll on your post 😂

I apologise sonic. But I would try alot lower dosage on the subbies if possible mate. That seems an awful lot. Again my bad my friend 👍

@Broken_Soul thank you and well done on coming off IV heroin!! for me though i have been addicted to a range of drugs (basically every one i've ever had easy access to lol) heroin was by far the hardest to come off. i spent my first month in rehab trying to come up with reasons why my pain was special so i should be allowed heroin. i'm so glad to have that monkey off my back though i honestly thought i was just gonna die a junkie.

we have a lot of people on or moving onto subs posting in here so i hope you'll stick around to share your experience.

in general definitely being on a larger maintenance dose than necessary isn't wise and as the consensus in this thread seems to be that 24mg is overkll its certainly worth querying as side effects will ramp up with the dose.

I've never been on bupe, but 24mg is a massive amount by all accounts. Bupe seems to be one of those 'less is more' type of drugs that doctors fail to understand.

It’s ok guys. Everybody is fine. I know things can be confusing. I agree w all of you. It’s a high ass dose. But I was fluctuating with a lot of Kratom and I have a job so I can’t be up for a month again without losing everything.

It’s ok guys. Everybody is fine. I know things can be confusing. I agree w all of you. It’s a high ass dose. But I was fluctuating with a lot of Kratom and I have a job so I can’t be up for a month again without losing everything.
Hopefully you are stashing some of that 24 mgs away for a rainy day and not taking that much daily. Good luck and I hope you are getting your sleep.

Hopefully you are stashing some of that 24 mgs away for a rainy day and not taking that much daily. Good luck and I hope you are getting your sleep.
I've never taken suboxone but soon I'll be going to detox to get off hydrocodone what is the best way to get off it and what meds substitute that helps with pain because if no substitute helps with pain than I dk what to do? I get my pills from a family member and they want me to stop taking them because they need them. I don't do a lot 40 mg a day.

When I withdrew from Suboxone at 4mg, 50g of kratom wouldn’t even touch it. I had to snort ultra high purity Da Maeng extract just to feel well.

Research shows the effects for sub plateau after 4-8mg, there’s no reason for anyone to ever be above that.

I’d be willing to be you could cut your dose in half and hardly feel a difference.

-GC