• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

On subs again

I've never taken suboxone but soon I'll be going to detox to get off hydrocodone what is the best way to get off it and what meds substitute that helps with pain because if no substitute helps with pain than I dk what to do? I get my pills from a family member and they want me to stop taking them because they need them. I don't do a lot 40 mg a day.
So is the Vicodin the only drug you take? And only 40 mgs per day ? I was doing upwards of 80 mgs a day 2 years ago ( I also got it from a " friend "...no script ) but I didn't need to detox. I just quit taking them and got some Lyrica from another friend and took between 600 and 900 mgs of that a day for 2 weeks. Then stopped the Lyrica. It helped me sleep and chilled me out. I mean I still missed the hell out of the opioid part and missed getting high (all mental ) but physically I didn't feel all bad. I wouldn't want to do it without some comfort meds. Maybe a benzo or two here and there. Just gotta stop all comfort meds at 2 weeks max.

If your of a mind....get some Kratom. It can be your friend when quitting Vicodin. It helped me and I still take it and haven't taken a pharm pain killer since.

I surely don't think you need subs for Vicodin withdrawl. I mean they will help for a week or so if that's the route you want to go, but I would stick with the other less addictive meds. And I don't think you need MMT unless you absolutely can't quit and might be in danger of copping some heroin or something. Sure as heck don't want to go that route. Whatever you decide I wish you strength and luck.

Great job!!
I have cut down my Norco to just 20 mgs today, hope to stay here for a little bit, or just jump and see if I can make it??
Hard to do when you do not want to stop, and be sick!

Hang in there