• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Old Peruvian Torch chips

The best advice I would give you is to prepare the 10g of cactus snot you have and see if you can drink it. Then if you can buy more. I remember buying a kilo of chips and after one sip of snot (the snot stretched hanging from my lips to the glass about a foot away) I put the glass down and said "Fuck that". It's brutal.

In the end I had to squirt it up my bunghole.
Its def a right of passage to drink the sludge...
I usually make it so a full dose(50g) is about 2 big glasses to drink.

Then i take about a hour to slowly sip it down, ive noticed if i try to force it down the nausea gets alot worse.

I usually make a big batch of ginger and honey tea with it.
Then i just take a sip of cacti and wash it down with some ginger tea and a little puff of weed etc.

This is also usually what I have done. It found it WAY easier to deal with than the one time I tried to make cactus snot.

Honestly it's just a taste... peanut butter entirely eliminates the aftertaste.
Manthe after taste almost made me puke if it wasnt for a lemon candy i had. Rofl. Since its so cheaphere we boiled 3 cactus at once haha.

For me, MAOIs make low mescaline doses into something that kind of resembles a MDMA/2C-B flip. After drying rings of cactus core/spines and all, I put them in a coffee grinder to make powder for capsules. MAOIs first or at the same time, it usually takes 200-300mg of syrian rue extract to make it work. Pure tetrahydroharmine works just as well. Capsules get staggered over 30 min to prevent nausea. I usually take between 5 and 10 grams. I've gone as high as an ounce of cactus powder in capsules this way. At the higher end, it was actually too much, trip-wise. However, now that I've got my personal ratios down, I put 1g of crude syrian rue extract in the coffee grinder once 24g of cactus has become dust, blitz for a little bit, and then fill 50 capsules at once. That way if I take 5g, I get 200mg of rue extract, which is just enough to work for my particular digestive tract.

I don't really get why MAOIs work in this context, since 80% of the mescaline you ingest is supposed to be excreted in urine unchanged. So if you aren't breaking it down normally, how can it make it so that a 50-100mg mescaline dose is perceptible? I'm glad they do though, it makes it so that eating dehydrated cactus is anodyne rather than some sort of gross green puke torture. If you don't have much cactus, MAOIs can help you get the most out of what you have.

For me, MAOIs make low mescaline doses into something that kind of resembles a MDMA/2C-B flip. After drying rings of cactus core/spines and all, I put them in a coffee grinder to make powder for capsules. MAOIs first or at the same time, it usually takes 200-300mg of syrian rue extract to make it work. Pure tetrahydroharmine works just as well. Capsules get staggered over 30 min to prevent nausea. I usually take between 5 and 10 grams. I've gone as high as an ounce of cactus powder in capsules this way. At the higher end, it was actually too much, trip-wise. However, now that I've got my personal ratios down, I put 1g of crude syrian rue extract in the coffee grinder once 24g of cactus has become dust, blitz for a little bit, and then fill 50 capsules at once. That way if I take 5g, I get 200mg of rue extract, which is just enough to work for my particular digestive tract.

I don't really get why MAOIs work in this context, since 80% of the mescaline you ingest is supposed to be excreted in urine unchanged. So if you aren't breaking it down normally, how can it make it so that a 50-100mg mescaline dose is perceptible? I'm glad they do though, it makes it so that eating dehydrated cactus is anodyne rather than some sort of gross green puke torture. If you don't have much cactus, MAOIs can help you get the most out of what you have.

The MAOIs don't have direct effect on the mescaline.

They prevent breakdown of your monoamines; namely, serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine depending on whether it's MAO-A or MAO-B that you're inhibiting.

It's an easy way to end up with serotonin syndrome, but it definitely can potentiate the effects of certain drugs.

As far as I can tell, reversible MAOIs like harmine, harmaline, and tetrahydroharmine aren't an easy way to get serotonin syndrome. If rue extract is preventing breakdown of endogenous monoamines to the point that you have dangerous levels of serotonin, people would feel this effect when they take it on its own. Instead, you hear about people consuming heroic quantities of any of those three reversible MAOIs and either having no psychoactive effects or very mild effects. I have never consumed more than 500mg of extract or 500mg of tetrahydroharmine, but that amount was not perceptible in terms of psychoactive effects. The only cases in medical literature where rue has become a problem involved people making themselves impossibly strong tea with rue, I think it was an ounce of rue consumed in the one case study I read.

On the other hand, there's also ethnobotanical uses as an antidepressant, so it makes sense that use of rue is leading to more serotonin hanging out in the synaptic cleft. With ayahuasca, there are reports of people consuming brews of vine only, no DMT, and having psychoactive effects.

So what I was getting at was that reversible (competive inhibitor) MAOIs are enhancing the trip for tryptamines due to metabolism + whatever partially understood interaction with endogenous monoamines or even serotonin reuptake via SERT inhibition. And for the most common use of MAOIs with psychadelics, ayahuasca, the most important part is the metabolism bit. If you eat the DMT but don't take an MAOI you get nothing. But for mescaline specifically, there's not much metabolism happening. And so it seems that there's something interesting happening there in terms of how big an effect those three ayahuasca alkaloids have on cactus, that are distinct from the role they play when doing oral DMT or doing vapohuasca. (I'm sure that there's someone out there that has taken some rue and then slammed some IV or IM DMT, wonder how that differs from DMT alone)

You are mostly feeling combo of syrian rue and cacti, not potentiating of MAOI per se.

Syrian rue can be interesting even alone in big enough dose and has synergy with many psychedelics, for many even with LSD and it doesn’t potentate it but makes for a potentially great combo.