View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Old Peruvian Torch chips

losthippy

Bluelighter
Is 10g of Peruvian Torch powder worth mucking around with? Chips were stored airtight for a decade before being ground up last night. Articles I read suggested 10 grams was insufficient for most extraction teks, then a poster reported success powdering dry chips then adding a small quantity of water to form a dryish paste. This was formed into a ball that was still foul tasting but doable and the experience was notable. A little honey was suggested to offset some of the bitterness. Unfortunately, the poster also mentioned 15g of this powdered preparation as a breakthrough dose. I know potency is largely determined by the plant's genetics but I have no idea where this lot stands. In any case, what if any effects might be experienced by eating 10g of average strength (I'll assume) San Pedro powder? I have a few decades of shroom and acid use behind me so I'm keen to see what happens with this. Cheers.

Wash it down with juice or water and get some weed or something as you’ll hardly notice effects from cactus alone but it might be good for a combo. Especially if you take it with proper dose of acid or shrooms or something it might change the trip significantly while you might not even feel it alone.

Thanks for setting me straight. Got weed to burn but no access to acid and no shrooms for a few months yet. I gather from other sources that any alkaloids present won't degrade if well stored, so as tempted as I am to try I might restow my measly 10g and go for maximum results when shroom season happens.

Not sure where you live, but trichocereus cacti are available in a lot of places. If you could obtain some more, that's what I would recommend, so you can get the full experience at least once. Cacti are really unique, and 10g is probably a microdose or threshold dose for most people.

That said if you did combo it with LSD, it's a pretty amazing experience. Probably mushrooms too but I've never tried them together.

I'd have to look up we likely dosage of dried torch, but the goo ball method would be a viable way of taking it. Unlike mushrooms or LSD, it won't have deteriorated in potency at all from when it was fresh

Stored chips can last for longer than we will know. That is not the worry. However agreed, 10 gr is not enough. Usually takes 20 gr or up. More common 25-30 gr. Regular San Pedro sometimes 40 + gr dried.

Ismene why make snot? lol Powder, toss and wash. Then eat a PB&J sandwich.

Changed the prefix from Tryptamines to Phenthylamines for accuracy.

Tried capsuling the powder once - but then found out it re-hydrates in your stomach back to ten times it's original size...I was puking up pigs-in-a-blanket like a sick fucking dog.

Tried capsuling the powder once - but then found out it re-hydrates in your stomach back to ten times it's original size...I was puking up pigs-in-a-blanket like a sick fucking dog.
That's classic! I once was stupid and threw 40g into icecream thinking it would mask the taste. It didnt at all, and now I had to eat it mixed in with like 150gr of icecream. I'm pretty sure I failed and just couldnt finish it.

Yeah snot juice is def the way to go. Chop, boil/simmer, filter out as much of the plant material as possible. Reduce to either a drinkable goo/liquid, or You can actually carefully get it to a hash type consistency, which you can roll into little balls and swallow. They will still make you puke your guts out haha, but actually the easiest way to stomach IME.

Better yet extract. Even if you’re just making a simple tea the act of drying it out then reconstituting it makes for a much more palatable drink.

I’m a puker on many drugs. I was throwing up this morning, my stomach can’t handle shit. But I’ve only puked on cactus once in all my years, it just needs to be done properly. I did come close one time with 250mg purified Mesc/alkaloids in a park. Had to sit on a bench table with my head leaned on the table focusing on my breathing for 30min, probably looked visibly high as fuck.

As been said, 10g is better saved to add to future stocks.

-GC

Wash it down with juice or water and get some weed or something as you’ll hardly notice effects from cactus alone but it might be good for a combo. Especially if you take it with proper dose of acid or shrooms or something it might change the trip significantly while you might not even feel it alone.
Yeah i recomend planning for some kind of combination aswell.
10g and a decent dose of mushrooms should be fun.
San Pedro and mushrooms is def one of my favorite psychedelic combos.

Thanks for the feedback. I've a cactus virgin so I'm a bit bummed not to see where it might take me on it's own. But I'm happy to wait a while for the subs to happen and try a combo with the powder I've already got. Sourcing cuttings doesn't seem a problem here though potency will always be bit of a gamble. One thing at a time, I guess.

Thanks for the feedback. I've a cactus virgin so I'm a bit bummed not to see where it might take me on it's own. But I'm happy to wait a while for the subs to happen and try a combo with the powder I've already got. Sourcing cuttings doesn't seem a problem here though potency will always be bit of a gamble. One thing at a time, I guess.

While potency is a gamble with Pedros, Bridgesii is much more reliable. Only thing I’ll say bad about Bridgesii is the alkaloid profile can sometimes be a bit rough around the edges. In other words, depending on the content the experience can be physically rough. Always potent tho.

-GC

The best advice I would give you is to prepare the 10g of cactus snot you have and see if you can drink it. Then if you can buy more. I remember buying a kilo of chips and after one sip of snot (the snot stretched hanging from my lips to the glass about a foot away) I put the glass down and said "Fuck that". It's brutal.

In the end I had to squirt it up my bunghole.

I had no issue powderizing and toss and washing. In fact, I have also done this when I was a regular kratom user. Tossed and washed my morning kratom. Then tossed and washed 30 gr of cactus powder. LOL (I may have an iron stomach as I never even got nauseous with cactus, morning glory is another story)

That's classic! I once was stupid and threw 40g into icecream thinking it would mask the taste. It didnt at all, and now I had to eat it mixed in with like 150gr of icecream. I'm pretty sure I failed and just couldnt finish it.

Yeah snot juice is def the way to go. Chop, boil/simmer, filter out as much of the plant material as possible. Reduce to either a drinkable goo/liquid, or You can actually carefully get it to a hash type consistency, which you can roll into little balls and swallow. They will still make you puke your guts out haha, but actually the easiest way to stomach IME.

yeah I tried putting the powder in ice cream too but its like putting ketchup on a dog turd - it still tastes like shit

The taste of San pedro csctus is the most disgusting bitter thing I've ever tried in my life. The taste lingers on for all the trip.

The taste of San pedro csctus is the most disgusting bitter thing I've ever tried in my life. The taste lingers on for all the trip.

The trick is to eat something that’s both fatty but rough textured. The nasty taste you’re referring to is fat soluble, which is why it lingers. Eating something like corn chips which have a fair amount of corn oil helps pull the bad taste down into your stomach.

My trick to getting down tea. A bag of corn chips and something flavored like Gatorade. Soon as you chug a swig of tea, immediately chase with the chips then drink. Best approach I’ve found.

-GC

The trick is to eat something that’s both fatty but rough textured. The nasty taste you’re referring to is fat soluble, which is why it lingers. Eating something like corn chips which have a fair amount of corn oil helps pull the bad taste down into your stomach.

My trick to getting down tea. A bag of corn chips and something flavored like Gatorade. Soon as you chug a swig of tea, immediately chase with the chips then drink. Best approach I’ve found.

-GC
There's tracks to cook it also, my friends and I at the time(10 years ago) were kids and just peeled off the spines, cur it In small chunks and just boil it. That's y it tasted awful.
It was super concentrate aswell, 3 cactuses in 1 huge pot(I'm guessing at least 6 liters of water) boiled for 5-6 hrs. It reduced exactly for 3 cups and we were 3. We Downed the cups with that dreadful bitter taste and after 15 mins I could start feeling it. I was set off for a 14 hr trip.
I had the taste of that shit throughout the whole trip but it was one of the most profound mystical experiences I've ever had nonetheless.
One For the books :p

I had no issue powderizing and toss and washing. In fact, I have also done this when I was a regular kratom user. Tossed and washed my morning kratom. Then tossed and washed 30 gr of cactus powder. LOL (I may have an iron stomach as I never even got nauseous with cactus, morning glory is another story)

This is also usually what I have done. It found it WAY easier to deal with than the one time I tried to make cactus snot.

Honestly it's just a taste... peanut butter entirely eliminates the aftertaste.