• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[old] CD social V we've almost done it mates. #LegalizeIt

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a dab rig that is made to be a "flavor savor," due to the drag-resistant design. Recycler's generally have the least amount of drag and produce more flavor when compared to any other bong or rig. This is due to having minimal water that is continuously "recycled" during use. Instead of the water bubbling up and falling directly back down, the water is gently poured back into the original container via a second chamber. The small size also insures taste quality.

Due to my recent purchase of isolated terpenes (that I usually mix with CBD), I'm finding myself craving a bigger and tastier hit. A recycler will get the job done. It will also be nice to have a THC dab hit on special occasions.

Standing at only 13cm, mine will look something like this:

519zpzFcrZL._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY500_SX500_.jpg

Just woke up high as fuck from an edible I had last night before bed. These edibles are the fire. Best cannabis edibles I ever made I got the artisan honeys goin on, I got like $40 worth of matcha green tea powder going down and that makes it stimulating. Get my dope fix going on got my caffeine fix goin on. I got an ounce of fire outdoor going in to the pot ye know what i'm sayin, I got coconut oil so we can keep this shit vegetarian friendly. THC count is approximately 100mg per cookie at least, I would say more as one of them gets me very high for the day. Boiled for 5 hours this time on super low temp came out gold then mixed with matcha I got these dark green super healthy green dope cookies. Waking up really high is awesome.

Synthetic (and contaminant-free) THC that's cheaper than Colorado's plant based legal market? This is a game changer.

https://news.berkeley.edu/2019/02/27/yeast-produce-low-cost-high-quality-cannabinoids/

That sounds pretty cool, man. The next step is using that yeast to help ferment beer, and *boom!*-- weed beer. I've always wished for a hops/cannabis hybrid but this might turn out to be even better....

But hey w01f, you've caught my interest with all this posting about terpenes. I've looked at a few vendors online but I get conflicting information all around the internet about whether terpenes are legal or restricted by marijuana's legal-status in any given state. Is there any light you could shed on this? I was about to pull the trigger on buying a GSC flavor pack, but then I got all nervous about it and Google only made the confusion worse.

Man, whatever happened to traditional hash... is there a market for that in the states anywhere (legal)?

I feel like traditional hashish is the most under-rated cannabis product and it's one of the toughest things for me to track down unless I guess I made it from good weed.

But hey w01f, you've caught my interest with all this posting about terpenes. I've looked at a few vendors online but I get conflicting information all around the internet about whether terpenes are legal or restricted by marijuana's legal-status in any given state. Is there any light you could shed on this? I was about to pull the trigger on buying a GSC flavor pack, but then I got all nervous about it and Google only made the confusion worse.

From my interpretation they're pretty much just essential oils from any plant that provide different flavors and aromas. Limonene found in lemons is the same limonene that's found in lemon strains. Pinene found in pine trees is the same piney smell terpene in cannabis.

I'm not a chemist, but people say cannabis derived terpenes are better than food grade terpenes extracted from other plants. The price is definitely way higher for cannabis derived terpenes too. IMO it's because there's still a lot of unknown terpenes out there that are found in cannabis and that's what makes the blends better than say a man made food grade terpene blend trying to mimic a strain. There's probably minuscule amounts of unknown ones found in cannabis that really make the flavor unique to that flavor profile or strain that people can't put there finger on yet.

I'm no expert though that's just my 2 cents. Food grade terpenes can be bought from places as simple as amazon. People look up test results of a certain strain, then try to do their best to mimic it and make their own blend. Hence all these vape carts out on the black market right now and some of them having really fake artificial cannabis tastes(dank vapes, mario carts, brass knuckles, etc).

In terms of legalities, it's completely legal. You can buy jugs of the stuff online and mix your own, or you could pay 40+ dollars for 10 drops of cannabis derived terpenes from a reputable source.

Also it's good to see you man, first post here in a few years probably haha. Glad to see the ol' CD social kickin with a lot of OGs still

Also it's good to see you man, first post here in a few years probably haha. Glad to see the ol' CD social kickin with a lot of OGs still

I don't think I'll ever leave! idky but this is like my home away from home.

How's things, man?

I'm not a chemist, but people say cannabis derived terpenes are better than food grade terpenes extracted from other plants. The price is definitely way higher for cannabis derived terpenes too. IMO it's because there's still a lot of unknown terpenes out there that are found in cannabis and that's what makes the blends better than say a man made food grade terpene blend trying to mimic a strain. There's probably minuscule amounts of unknown ones found in cannabis that really make the flavor unique to that flavor profile or strain that people can't put there finger on yet.

This is a great explanation especially for people just getting introduced to the topic!

Damn Wolf I'm jealous, I used to have a recycler and it was amazing. Also I def agree with the smaller rigs giving a better flavor.

I remember people getting so angry measuring their rigs and realizing it was an inch or 2 larger than they were told lol I think anything with a "can", which is basically the part smoke travels through, less than 8 inches is outstanding for flavor.

Good to see you, Danky! I was just thinking about how you always had good taste in glass (I realize my recycler is basic lol). However, I did pick up some nice handmade glass from Mdina while I was in Malta, it's a chess set. Can't dab from it, but it's really pretty and fun to use. I've been out of the custom design loop, is the glass game still insane or has it slowed down at all?

Lvl18 - I'm jelly of that Sour D...it simply LOOKS like it needs to cost a lot. Top shelf nugs that size don't get past the grower often lol.

Jib--Unless you are in a legal state, Cannabis (not hemp) derived products are still technically in the grey area legally, even if they contain 0% THC (not completely illegal, just grey-area). This is why you might see some sights not selling out of state.

(Other) plant derived terpenes and CBD (hemp) is federally legal and generally should be legal in all 50, however you should always be aware of your own state's laws (very few exceptions or regulations here) in addition to the federal rules. As far as I know, there aren't any exception for terpenes derived from other plants, so that should be easy (and legal) to get. Just make sure that your source is legit. If you find a company or website that you are thinking about purchasing from and aren't sure about it, send me a PM and I'll give you my opinion. Or if you have a general question, just post it here.

As Danky stated, the cannabis derived terpes are expensive but they are the closest to mimicking the actual smell and feel of a specific strain (if that's what you are looking for). The plant derived terpenes (mixed or not) are very benign smelling legally and much more affordable. The road you choose is up to you but it's important to be aware of at least some basic knowledge when working with terpenes.

Some cliff notes that I've gathered so far:
1) Keep terps out and away from your eyes at all times.
2) Don't take terpenes orally unless you've done a lot of research (not for noobs).
3) To test for allergies, do a skin test.
4) Don't leave citrus based terpenes (limonene, etc) on your skin if you plan to be out in the sun. However outside the sun, this terpene is known to be very beneficial to your skin and health.

My most recent discovery was today when I was hit by a nasty head cold. I decided to put my latest mixture of terps on my neck to see if it helped my head cold. Within five minutes my headache disappeared completely and has remained gone now for over an hour. I still have a ton of snot and crappy cold feelings, but the headache is indeed gone after applying these terpenes to my neck:

6 parts beta caryophyllene
4 parts myrcene
3 parts linalool
3 parts limonene
1 part alpha pinene

-Diluted with a large amount of coconut oil (or if I'm dabbing it, I dilute it with a large amount of CBD and/or THC). The skin absorption of terpenes is rather quick and useful. It's nice not having to vape it if I don't want to.

5) Storage -- Never store terpenes in plastic. Always use glass. Bulk amounts that won't be used for several weeks/months can be stored in the fridge, otherwise simply leaving it out of the heat and sun/light will suffice. Don't try to store it longer than 2 years as the terpenes can degrade and become toxic (usually smells off and another reason to follow rule #3--do a skin test).

I know I just dropped a bunch of info but it's important to realize the complication involved as we move forward. Many people get educational degrees on this subject and do it for a living (aromatherapists).

Picked up some pine-smelling mid-grade yesterday. Not real satisfied with it but it was cheap and a quick pick-up. Still have some of the purple I got a few weeks ago stashed in case I wana kick it up a notch.

I get the feeling the best bud stays in the legal states and all the mid-grade/poorly grown stuff gets shipped to my state to be bought at low prices by guys like me heh. Occasionally I've gotten super-dank stuff but I'd like it to happen more often. I'd pay more for quality.

What I really want is some of those pre-made cartridges. Haven't seen those in a while and I'm hoping my guy can get some soon. Love the stealth factor and even the high is a bit different.

Wo1f - that recycler. I've never seen anything like it. WOW

I don't think I'll ever leave! idky but this is like my home away from home.

How's things, man?

Everything's great! I finally wrapped up college a little over a year ago (I was 2.5 years behind haha) and I'm onto the next stage of my life. It's been a big adjustment from going to class 2-3 hours a day and working retail a few nights to a full time gig, but I like to think I've handled it quite well. I'm honestly the happiest I've ever been in a long time and my mental health has greatly improved from just having a consistent schedule and feeling like I'm contributing something positive to society.

Good to see you, Danky! I was just thinking about how you always had good taste in glass (I realize my recycler is basic lol). However, I did pick up some nice handmade glass from Mdina while I was in Malta, it's a chess set. Can't dab from it, but it's really pretty and fun to use. I've been out of the custom design loop, is the glass game still insane or has it slowed down at all?

Likewise brother! I'm still very much into glass, but to be honest I haven't been investing as much into the hobby as I was before. The market is crazier than ever right now. I also had to be real with myself and stop buying stuff just because it was hot in the market. I wasn't appreciating the work, I just wanted to show off. I swear it became a dick sizing contest between myself and random strangers on instagram on who could spend the most money and get a piece from X artist who's blowing up at that time. A lot of that stuff ended up tanking, I lost tons of money, and overall it's just an unhealthy way to look at art.

Fuck what people think and buy what YOU like. You'll be much happier in the long run. There's nothing worse than scooping something just because it's hot in the market right now and finding out a year later that it's depreciated in value more than a new car % wise and not being happy with your purchase. I'm not saying all my investments went that way, but boy did I fuck myself on a few pieces and some of them I was never really into to begin with

About to break in to this and man am I excited.

Recently I have been fortunate enough to find some killer flowers at a decent price

I give points to rec for making this quality available without having to know somebody, but the taxes are way too high.

NSFW:
Iyzc18y.jpg

If two chemicals are identical on a molecular level, they are identical in function. That is to say that if the chemical composition of cannabis derived terpenes is the same as terpenes derived from other plants(e.g. beta-caryophyllene in pepper, myercene in mangoes) the interaction with the body or other chemicals will be the same as well. There is no difference between a chemical extracted from a plant or a chemical synthesized in a lab if they are the same on a molecular level. The distinction between natural and synthetic is often made because what can be synthesized in a lab is similar in property and function as the natural chemical it's attempting to imitate. So when talking about terpenes derived from cannabis/hemp or other plants- often the only difference will be the price. Sure one could argue that cannabis derived terpenes are the most "true" or accurate representation of the cannabis strain. However, this arguments ignores the fact that we are able to determine exactly what comprises a strain as well as the fact that when you are isolating anything, particularly volatiles like terpenes, you do just that- isolate them based on individual chemical properties. Not all terpenes have the same boiling point, so considering that terpenes are generally extracted using heat, it would be impossible to retain a terpene blend that is truly representative of the strain without reintroducing others/ making a blend.

There are a ton of sales tactics employed by the cannabis industry in attempts to keep pushing cannabis based products for a premium. Whether it's intentional or not can only be determined on an individual basis, but there is massive amounts of misinformation floating around. The truth is that a very large amount of the people making and selling these extracts do not have a basic comprehension of chemistry often times. A very obvious example of this is the phrase "full spectrum distillate", most commonly being "full-spectrum cbd" isolate/distillate/crystallite. it's impossible for cbd, or any chemical, to be in it's super concentrated, near pure form and still somehow retain a "full-spectrum" of the plant it was derived from. Phrases like the "entourage effect" are often used to push this madness. People will be talking about the extremely subtle effect(when compared with cannabinoids like THC) of things like terpenes- yet little to no consideration for the dose required to achieve these effects or the methods of consumption. Chemicals are changed when metabolized(e.g. in the stomach) or when heated(e.g. igniting/vaporization).. Most, if not all, claims about the entourage effect are based off of studies done on inhalation of isolated terpenes as well. That's if they're based off of any studies at all and not just a ton of anecdotal reports in which it's impossible to rule out placebo and other major factors. You won't catch a single person talking about the entourage effects of things like hydrogen cyanide and other carcinogens contained in the smoke, yet it'd be just as valid of a consideration.

All that to say don't get custied by these new-age snake oil salesmen. The thc in the bottom shelf is the same as the thc in the top shelf, along with all the terpenes and what not. The major difference isn't the quality of these chemicals, it's the quantity. If you can find a cheaper source of the desired chemical without concerns of contamination, by all means go for it. Don't waste your hard earned money lining the pockets of someone making claims that are impossible to verify. How would you even know that your terpenes are cannabis derived if they are truly in their pure isolated form? You wouldn't. Same with thc or other cannabinoids. These chemicals are synthesized at some point, either by man or by plant/nature.

^ Nice break-down, Maf! Synthesis is happening all around us, it's impossible to ignore really. Even the simple act of smoking pot is the synthesis of THCA forming into THC.

What I really want is some of those pre-made cartridges.
If you have access to wax/shatter/oil, you can make your own carts fairly cheaply. It does take some time, however, so understandable if you aren't interested. Good luck, man!

Wo1f - that recycler. I've never seen anything like it. WOW
Thanks, leet!

Dat Frosty Purp:D
Yum!

Likewise brother! I'm still very much into glass, but to be honest I haven't been investing as much into the hobby as I was before. The market is crazier than ever right now. I also had to be real with myself and stop buying stuff just because it was hot in the market. I wasn't appreciating the work, I just wanted to show off. I swear it became a dick sizing contest between myself and random strangers on instagram on who could spend the most money and get a piece from X artist who's blowing up at that time. A lot of that stuff ended up tanking, I lost tons of money, and overall it's just an unhealthy way to look at art.
Sounds like you've learned a lot, bro. I'm happy for your progress. I admittedly got caught up in dick sizing several years ago too, except I unhealthily wanted to see how much I could smoke/dab more than everyone else. I got really good at finding good deals but my tolerance skyrocketed. I'm so much happier now that I'm not thinking about outdoing someone else, and I can just enjoy what I really want to enjoy.

I give points to rec for making this quality available without having to know somebody, but the taxes are way too high.
That's awesome looking bud. I remember there was at least a couple years in Colorado where taxes made a difference enough to consider going medical instead of rec but eventually the prices dropped to where none of that stuff mattered; hopefully with enough time the same thing will happen for you in CA!

Status
Not open for further replies.