• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ok forget the bullshit and the science, DOES MDMA CAUSE LONG TERM BRAIN DAMAGE?

The anxiety I had Raas was from weed (it lasted several months and I'm only just getting over it) - I did have a lot of weed though that night.

I've been lucky with the pills as I've popped loads with no problems at-all (not even comedowns the next day either).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by duneonthemoon
people should give up the weed, and stick to the better drugs we have nowadays, weed is not fast paced enough for this now existance.

Like sure weed is fun, but it causes too many mental related problems, we don't need it in our society anymore. (please don't reply yelling at me and stuff, i know there would be alot of people who disagree)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw that infinity posted this and I put this up and I would have to agree. That is almost too funny to believe that someone really posted that. There is nothing else I can say, I think he said enough.

I'm not a heavy user in fact, I'm not a user at all anymore. Which is why I think posts from people like this are more important to your question because YES I do have issues now. Panic attacks and anxiety. There were not there before.

But everyone is different so no one can answer this for you. If you're looking for someone to say "Awww - man. Yeah, all the crap about long term affects is a load of bullshit" or "yeah, just do it in moderation" - may not apply to you or it may and there's only one way to find out. IF you're willing to risk it.

At least be honest with yourself and know that yeah, it can have life altering affects. Whether you do a lot or a little. No one knows.

Hard Trance said:
The anxiety I had Raas was from weed (it lasted several months and I'm only just getting over it) - I did have a lot of weed though that night.

[EDIT - i get pissed off with ppl starting posts with "er", or "erm".. so i will not do the same!)
how do you know the anxiety which has lasted u months was from weed, when u have been taking other drugs too? Weed can bring on panic attacks while tripping, yes, but long term probs are very rare

The anxiety i went thru would always happen/intensify over a week after consuming the pill.

Last edited:
ocand out of interest, what was ur anxiety like? for me it was so much more than an anxious feeling - i was really spaced out, dizzy, had small annoying hallucinations too

I belive it was the weed as I have never had any problems with E over the last 2+ years I have been taking them and then as soon as I smoked weed for the 1st time ever I got the anxiety - by this time I was well down from the pills as it was the next morning (hours after the come down).

I don't take any other drugs and it does seem strange that I had years of pilling with no problems and then as soon as I try weed I get problems (even though I had come well down from the pills hours before and also that I had not taken half as many pills as I usually do).

suh-wEET1 said:
I'm not a heavy user in fact, I'm not a user at all anymore. Which is why I think posts from people like this are more important to your question because YES I do have issues now. Panic attacks and anxiety. There were not there before.

But everyone is different so no one can answer this for you. If you're looking for someone to say "Awww - man. Yeah, all the crap about long term affects is a load of bullshit" or "yeah, just do it in moderation" - may not apply to you or it may and there's only one way to find out. IF you're willing to risk it.

At least be honest with yourself and know that yeah, it can have life altering affects. Whether you do a lot or a little. No one knows.

Oh i so agree with this post.

MODERATION IS NOT THE KEY!

It helps a lot, yes. But it is still very possible to have serious side-effects even after small usage.

your saying 15 in 6 months is too much? What?? I've done about 8 or 9 in the past 2 months and have yet to experience any negative side effects. Guess i'll be droppin' tonite then.

Pill definitely do some damage, but I think the brain, if it cant recover, it can certainly adapt. Did about 250 pills over 2 years. Looking back, I could see how it built up anxiety. Weed and coke probably played a part too Eventually i developed panic attcks and chronic derealization; which is really not nice i can tell you. Saying that two years down the line, I am more or less fine, although im definnitely more highly strung thatn i used to be.

Ignoring science, I do believe if you abuse MDMA (or any drug for that mater), chances are it will do brain damage. The severity of brain damage is what you need to worry about.

Fact is, there are many things in life that aren't good for your brain and body in general, how ever - any negative effects that may come from these damages could take so long to occur, you'd be long dead from natural causes anyway.

If logic is anything to go by, MDMA does cause long term brain damage - but as I just said, it's the severity of damage that matters.