• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

When two 80s is required to get me off, one Opana will get me flying higher then ever before. Be careful, that shit is amazingly strong...

If I need 20 mg of oxycodone to get "good." (I wouldn't see 15 mg or less as worth it. Maybe 15), would I still likely get enough out of sniffing the new formulation opana's? I would start with 5 mg or less just to be safe.

Has anyone found any of the opana er 40mg in the new formulation yet? After two weeks of looking, I found a pharmacy who may be able to get in some Opana ER 40mg tomorrow, but I am petrified that I will be getting the new formula, which I will be unable to take (I take quite a few, and in FDA trials many who take just 1 every 12 hrs, most who took 2 pills every 12 and EVERYONE who took 3 suffered headache and horribel stomach pains--no one in the trial was taking more than 3 tablets every 12 hours).

The only 'good' news is that the generic 40's will be in the old formulation but I will have to wait until September for those to come out. So 5 months of god awful pain ahead. Just fucking great.

@drone, new formulation aside, If you're "good" on 20mg oxyCODONE, 5mg oxyMORPHONE is way too much. WAY too much.

Does anyone know exactly when the new formulation will be coming out? Is it going to be as bad as the new oxycontin where u have to use sandpaper to powder it up?

Also, does anyone know if MS Contin can be snorted or is it reformulated also?

I had gotten scripted some Opana ER a few days ago and had to drive all the way back 45 minutes to my pain clinic to return the script to switch out because no one in this town had any Opana ER on the shelves. I was told the new Opana will hit the shelves with the new reformulation by April 1'st. So I had to switch it out for something else and they gave me a script for MS Contin 60 mg. I do not abuse my pills BUT to answer this question I have read that people are able to get the coating off and grind these down to snort them so I do not think they have been reformulated yet. They may be next on the list though but who knows?

Don't snort morphine. Let the MScontin soak in 1mL of water for 8-12 hours (to make it instant release) then plug the morphine water solution.
This is how I do it and it's the best way to use morphine short of IV.

I don't think they're reformulating MScontin, so do this ^

I'm telling you from my experience and the experience of my friends who have tried opana with low tolerances. not from numbers found on the internet. I have three friends who tried it and had tolerances of 40mg OC and they each did like 2-3mg and were all puking their guts out.

start slow, do 1-2mg and wait at least 25 mins before doing more.

yeah, ive done it...i had a script and they taste horrible......you cant bang em, (not the new formulation ones) but you can if you really wanted to, snort em...gotta scrape the coating off first....
Also, does anyone know if MS Contin can be snorted or is it reformulated also?

so you got hit with the endo recall too? those opanas are hard to find, but you have to call around, some pharmacies have them and theyre allowed to dispense, just not reorder....ive had a hell of a time getting mine filled, but i had luck each time...theyre starting to get them in now, some from out of state...im in ky and theres been a shortage for a few months, but its starting to get back to normal... i have a hip condition and i depend on those to live..hehe
I had gotten scripted some Opana ER a few days ago and had to drive all the way back 45 minutes to my pain clinic to return the script to switch out because no one in this town had any Opana ER on the shelves. I was told the new Opana will hit the shelves with the new reformulation by April 1'st. So I had to switch it out for something else and they gave me a script for MS Contin 60 mg. I do not abuse my pills BUT to answer this question I have read that people are able to get the coating off and grind these down to snort them so I do not think they have been reformulated yet. They may be next on the list though but who knows?

oh man i hate these things, i want my ms contin's back i guess ill have to call the dr. on monday....apparently the timerx formula in the new opana er's is so binding and gelatinous, that stomach acids barely even break them down, that means that its a manufacturing flaw...the dr.s gonna hear about this...and i was so happy and contect to have my opanas, they finally helped me do my daily things, and now theyre reformulated and making me sick...back to square one.

iv'ing the mscontins pretty mellow, the basic wiping of the coating process etc., snorting tastes like metal..
Don't snort morphine. Let the MScontin soak in 1mL of water for 8-12 hours (to make it instant release) then plug the morphine water solution.
This is how I do it and it's the best way to use morphine short of IV.

I don't think they're reformulating MScontin, so do this ^

I guess I'm lucky .. I went on suboxone 2 months ago. If I had to take my opana's orally I would be in W/Ds I was snorting way to much 90 to 120 mg a day. I needed to snort at least 30mg first thing in the morn just to get rolling.
I feel really bad for people who need them for pain.. They worked wonders on spine and neck. Best pain med I have ever took, but they built my tolerance up fast, sky high more like it. I figured I would snort one to see how it would feel and that was it for me. I never felt so good in my life, the warm, fuzzy, smiling, not a ache any where in my body.
I never went back to taking them orally.
The W/Ds from them are killer to. Make you want to end your life.
Suboxone have really helped me out I feel great now. best I have in years. I hope the people who need their opana's find something else. I would go back to taking perk 10/325 if I had to or roxy's something else beside that reformulated bullshit.

yeah i feel like im cursed because im one of the ones whos dependant on the opanas for pain, and now that theyve reformulated it, im stuck. ill tell the dr. but theyre so leary about everything, i dunno what theyll consider doing. i was on 20mg kadian capsules and ms contins, whoch were the next best thing to the opanas i guess....i do also take perc.7.5 4x daily along with the opanas twice a day....but i hope theyre willing to accomodate my needs this way, wish i had a bucket of roxys
I guess I'm lucky .. I went on suboxone 2 months ago. If I had to take my opana's orally I would be in W/Ds I was snorting way to much 90 to 120 mg a day. I needed to snort at least 30mg first thing in the morn just to get rolling.
I feel really bad for people who need them for pain.. They worked wonders on spine and neck. Best pain med I have ever took, but they built my tolerance up fast, sky high more like it. I figured I would snort one to see how it would feel and that was it for me. I never felt so good in my life, the warm, fuzzy, smiling, not a ache any where in my body.
Suboxone have really helped me out I feel great now. best I have in years. I hope the people who need their opana's find something else. I would go back to taking perk 10/325 if I had to or roxy's something else beside that reformulated bullshit.

oh man i hate these things, i want my ms contin's back i guess ill have to call the dr. on monday....apparently the timerx formula in the new opana er's is so binding and gelatinous, that stomach acids barely even break them down, that means that its a manufacturing flaw...the dr.s gonna hear about this...and i was so happy and contect to have my opanas, they finally helped me do my daily things, and now theyre reformulated and making me sick...back to square one.

I don't know if that is true about stomach acid barely being able to break them down. That would be a pretty big factor that the R&D department overlooked, and there would be a recall on the new Opana ERs if that was the case. I have said before, it's a lot better to post things with articles backing them up, otherwise we are just speculating which doesn't get us anywhere.

If your plan was to tell your doctor that the scientists that developed the new Opana ER made a mistake and did not account for the rate at which stomach acid would break them down, then I suggest you rethink your approach.

brokenpinky - Since you mentioned having sorted 90-120mg Opana per day and going on suboxone, I would like to know:
Did you go straight from that high dose of Opana right to the suboxone?
If so, what was your final dose of Opana?
How long did you wait after your final dose before taking the first dose of suboxone?
Did you get precipitated withdrawls?
How much suboxone did you start with?
How long from the time you took the suboxone until you felt not sick?
Once you leveled off and felt ok how much suboxone were you taking per day?
How bad were the withdrawls from the Opana while you waited to take your first dose of suboxone, ie did you require hospitalization?