• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Official Tramadol Discussion Thread - Second Swallow

^ I wouldn't recommend increasing your dose.

Tramadol just may not be your thing for recreation. Some of us get nothing from it, while others (like me) feel really good on it. I feel better on tramadol than I do on other opioids/opiates. Even morphine.

^ I wouldn't recommend increasing your dose.

Tramadol just may not be your thing for recreation.

Yea but I have to test it first. How much do you take ? I think 300mg of extended release is not a big deal. I think I will up my dosage to 500mg. If it was Instant release form, I would have lower my dose to 300mg.

But your right, if I dont get anything from it. Ill go back to codeine which buzz me more than morphine.

Yea but I have to test it first. How much do you take ? I think 300mg of extended release is not a big deal. I think I will up my dosage to 500mg. If it was Instant release form, I would have lower my dose to 300mg.

But your right, if I dont get anything from it. Ill go back to codeine which buzz me more than morphine.

I'm sure you've read it somewhere or someone mentioned it to you, but 400mg in 24/hours is the recommended safe dose with tramadol. Over that mark you risk seizures.

Of course with the caveat that everyone is different, blah blah, but tram doesn't really seem to provide much of a buzz or high for most people, so it really isn't worth the risk.

and for 400mg do you get something good ?

If you're one of us lucky ones.... yes!

A tramadol buzz is an amazing mood lift, wonderful body sensations, feels kind of like a stimulant, yet relaxing. It immediately releases serotonin and is a mu-opioid agonist. Those are the two main mechanisms in which tramadol produces such an enjoyable high.

If you're one of us lucky ones.... yes!

A tramadol buzz is an amazing mood lift, wonderful body sensations, feels kind of like a stimulant, yet relaxing. It immediately releases serotonin and is a mu-opioid agonist. Those are the two main mechanisms in which tramadol produces such an enjoyable high.

What you described is pretty much the exact effect I get from tramadol. Excellent mood lift, LOTS of modivation for work, speedy, yet I don't get overly excited like I usually do when not on trams. Best part it last 8-10 hrs. My only
Complain is I work so hard when I'm on them my body hates me the next day haha.

hmm I had quite good effects like you describe the first time I use it (300mg ER). But I tried 300mg ER + 100mg IR tonight and I got nothing... wired..

Not for me, or anyone I know. It's just a shitty drug to try and chase a high with. In my experience of course.

i've taken 300/400mg IR at once very foolishly. If i hadn't been throwing up nonstop for about four hours i'm sure it would have been enjoyable. i was quite high.

Is tramadol for dogs any different than tramadol for humans? It is much cheaper to buy it for dogs, but everywhere I have read says it is the same as the human drug.

High doses of this shit will give you a seizure if it hasn't already. IME it is not a good drug to abuse

The information on the drugs leaflet says it's dangerous to take over 400mg a day. For first time use max 150-250mg.
hebb22, don't satanize this drug :) as with any opoid you have to be careful. "high doses of oxycotin will give you respiratory depression, if they hand't already", see?

My doc prescribed me tram 100mg er for my cronic back pain, I have arthritis in my back. He tried codine first and it did nothing at all...then tram...not a great idea I had already been taking my fathers 50mg pills and loved them asap. My sister hates when I'm on them my eyes get really wide, I get very thirsty, for some reason I feel like cleaning all of the time, I'm a smoker so I start to chain smoke and it feels lovely, I get the best sleep ever, no pain, I'm ten times nicer because I'm pain free and actually happy but I do get the itches but only at night but as soon as I stop thinking about scratching myself I fall asleep, and I don't know why but my voice is completely void of emotion...I friggin love these pills! Only thing is obviously I'm now addicted...no one wants to be addicted to anything...and since I'm addicted my tolerance has gone up so I run out quicker and the wd is absolute Hell I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy! Ppl say taper down but that's hard to do on 100 mg...any other advice?

Is tramadol for dogs any different than tramadol for humans? It is much cheaper to buy it for dogs, but everywhere I have read says it is the same as the human drug.

The ones I am perscribed have the same i.d. as the ones used for dogs. Lots of times for ventenary care they use the same exact pills as ones that humans use.

Is it safe to take more than 400mg per day if use a benzo like lorazepam? I'd think lorazepam would raise the seizure threshold significantly.

AFAIK lorazepam isn't prescribed for epilepsy, so I think it doesn't have high anti convulsant proprieties (compared to eg clonazepam/valium).