• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Official Tramadol Discussion Thread - Second Swallow

i are spectre

Bluelighter

*****Old one: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=409372*****

Got the pm MD, thanks! I am actually going to try and use the situation I am in to reduce my tramadol intake. I have an order of 180 coming Thursday that I plan on being my last order. I'm thinking that the stronger narcotics I will be on will help mask the tram withdrawal, but not sure about how the snri effects will be handled, but so far I have had no problems with the great reduction of the tramadol and it has been 10 days already. I realize that I could be setting myself up for an addiction to much stronger narcotics, depending on the length of time it takes to "cure" my condition. But again, so far I have taken the meds according to the drs.instructions. So here is hoping I will be able to reduce it to a normal dosage or much better, reduce it all the way to ZERO!

hey edgewise... first off thank you for the pm, you helped me immensely.

now, i am sort of in your situation, but not as bad. chronic lower back pain, i have a compressed t11 vertebrate and my hips are offset, etc. it was from a 70 to 80, god maybe a 90 ft waterfall jump, i wont get into detail.

anyway, i mean you're in pain, and there isn't a way around your type of pain. if mine gets worse, there isnt anything i can do. it sucks, having an addictive personality AND chronic pain. this is why i like tramadol because i dont get that high, like at all, but it takes all the pain away.

perhaps its time to move onto stronger ones, maybe small fentanyl patches, that would help with abuse because all you have is a patch and not a bottle of pills you could chomp at your own will. surely those tramadol doses arnt too healthy, but who knows. i cant find much info out there other than those tonic clonic seizures now and then.

im just saying youre in pain, tramadol might not be working, the only option is opiates/opioids or perhaps...

what i do is go to the gym do cardio/core and stretch my back. i see a chiropractor as much as i can afford, and deep tissue massage. the problem with that is it's $100, same as a script. and i get relief for a week at most from the chiropractor. i wish i had fucking health insurance. i can't believe i pay a guy $40 to push on my back and crack a few things in less than 3 minutes. yeah it does work but fuck man. i gotta get out of this state, or health insurance...

but try chiropractic AND deep tissue massage, it did WONDERS for my back, even though it still hurts it's at like a 2 or 3 compared to an 8 or 9 sometimes (i stand all day at my job). you have to go like 2 or 3 times a week at first then once a week, then go when it starts to lock up or whetever happens to you. wow that was long. but anyone who knocks chiropractors, they should try it. sometimes chiropractors are shady though, gotta find a good one that people recommend.

Last edited by a moderator:
tramadol is nice, but watch out for the withdrawal, back and joint pains and uneasy, bestway is to cut dosage to come off it easily...love on the weekend with a bowl and some good music

hey edgewise... first off thank you for the pm, you helped me immensely.

now, i am sort of in your situation, but not as bad. chronic lower back pain, i have a compressed t11 vertebrate and my hips are offset, etc. it was from a 70 to 80, god maybe a 90 ft waterfall jump, i wont get into detail.

anyway, i mean you're in pain, and there isn't a way around your type of pain. if mine gets worse, there isnt anything i can do. it sucks, having an addictive personality AND chronic pain. this is why i like tramadol because i dont get that high, like at all, but it takes all the pain away.

perhaps its time to move onto stronger ones, maybe small fentanyl patches, that would help with abuse because all you have is a patch and not a bottle of pills you could chomp at your own will. surely those tramadol doses arnt too healthy, but who knows. i cant find much info out there other than those tonic clonic seizures now and then.

im just saying youre in pain, tramadol might not be working, the only option is opiates/opioids or perhaps...

what i do is go to the gym do cardio/core and stretch my back. i see a chiropractor as much as i can afford, and deep tissue massage. the problem with that is it's $100, same as a script. and i get relief for a week at most from the chiropractor. i wish i had fucking health insurance. i can't believe i pay a guy $40 to push on my back and crack a few things in less than 3 minutes. yeah it does work but fuck man. i gotta get out of this state, or health insurance...

but try chiropractic AND deep tissue massage, it did WONDERS for my back, even though it still hurts it's at like a 2 or 3 compared to an 8 or 9 sometimes (i stand all day at my job). you have to go like 2 or 3 times a week at first then once a week, then go when it starts to lock up or whetever happens to you. wow that was long. but anyone who knocks chiropractors, they should try it. sometimes chiropractors are shady though, gotta find a good one that people recommend.

its possible to abuse any formulation of medicine. as long as you are holding in your possession more than one dose it can be abused. People abuse medicines by doubling their dose, so even patches are abuse-able. Just please no matter what you read NEVER smoke the patches, many people even bluelighters have died this way.

Has anyone else noticed this on Tram?
When I take it my eyes get real buggy. If you need an example let me know. But kinda like you do on stims.
Anyway, thats not why I'm writing. Every time the day after doing Tram I look in the mirror and my eyes aren't right. The only way I know how to explain it is, they aren't my eyes. It looks like I am looking at someone else's eye in my head.
I have been told that people that take seizure medications often have this happen to them as well.

no idea, but id like to have some more info on people who have had seizures from tramadol, perhaps first hand. i hear about them, but ive never seen some specific info on dosages, perhaps other medicines they were taking, etc. anyone have more specific info on people who have tramadol seizures?

I get the eye thing too, it keeps my eyes dilated for like 48 hours and they're red and sometimes get the gooey whiteish yellow stuff in the corners like every 30 minutes it sucks but I love tramadol except this part, it happens to a much less extent on methadone but bupe does it kinds bad too, so I put it down to long acting opiates

i have huge tolerance to very strong opiates but have taken tramadol and get some kind of high cant explain it sometimes its enjoyable other times makes me really nervous.....i never had a seizure in my life have had 4 grand mal seizures since i started taking tramadol so be careful if u like the high and have to take large doses try to take seizure control meds. even benzos can be used for seizures trammies are great for withdrawal of all opiates it seems to take away the ill effects or lessen them a lot i guess cuz it feed those opiate receptors

Hey,
I always try to take DXM (like 30mg) before taking tramadol. I'm quite bored and I wonder what would happen if I took 300mg DXM and 100-200mg tramadol ER.
Anyone?

Since being placed on oxycodone 2.1/2 weeks ago, my tramadol consumption has plummeted to about 6 to 8 per day. I am taking oxy 10/325 at 2 every 4 to 6 hours, and Flexeril 10 mg's 3 times a day. I am hoping that I can keep the tram down low while on the oxy and then keep it low when I come off the oxy. I will probably be on the oxycodone for 4 to 6 months. Of course the tramadol will be extremely handy for battling the wd's I will probably have from the the oxycodone.

I wonder if Tram dehydrates you super bad or something. It seems very time I use tram the next day I have a headache that lasts days (or until I take more...). It seems to be anywhere, even in my sinuses! I don't know what to do to relieve it nothing seems to work other than taking more tram. This drug can often be a serious pain in the ass to take regularly.

I wonder if Tram dehydrates you super bad or something. It seems very time I use tram the next day I have a headache that lasts days (or until I take more...). It seems to be anywhere, even in my sinuses! I don't know what to do to relieve it nothing seems to work other than taking more tram. This drug can often be a serious pain in the ass to take regularly.

PT; it definitely dehydrates you, this said I always found that no mater how much water I drank I could never prevent that sinus headache. The only thing I could ever do to cure it was more tram or just wait it out (which is horrid).

My wife has chronic pain issues and I have given it to her to try before, she hates it because of the lingering effects the next day and the headaches that follows.

So believe me when I say, it isn't just you. =)

I thought perhaps there was something seriously wrong with me. They gave me the tram to treat the strange and very intense sinus headaches and it only causes more. Sadly, I'm a little bit hooked now... doomed to a life of pain.

hooked to the tram? i took a day off yesterday, it took 100mg of hydrocodone to put the wd at bay, can you believe that? along with 5mg of xanax and 50mg of valium!

today i woke up feeling like shit and i am up to 4mg of bupe already. i think im going to do more because i still dont feel content. tramadol has some serious withdrawal symptoms.

Once in a while I get horrible headaches if I take a benzo with trams before I go to bed. I wake up in the morning and feel hungover like I was drinking all night. It almost feels like a migraine. I will have to remember to drink some gatorade or something before I go to bed.

Has anyone else noticed this on Tram?
When I take it my eyes get real buggy. If you need an example let me know. But kinda like you do on stims.
Anyway, thats not why I'm writing. Every time the day after doing Tram I look in the mirror and my eyes aren't right. The only way I know how to explain it is, they aren't my eyes. It looks like I am looking at someone else's eye in my head.
I have been told that people that take seizure medications often have this happen to them as well.

Tramadol acts on serotonin, opiate receptors and noradrenaline

If you get pleasure out of taking it, it'll spike dopamine too since everything you find pleasurable will increase dopamine

EDIT:

Forgot to answer your question, noradrenaline and serotonin can both cause eyes to become wide

I probably drink a gallon of water daily. Tramadol has always made me thirsty, but I have also just been diagnosed as having Type II diabetes which also makes me quite thirsty!

Some nice information in here.

Just wondering -- do you guys get the itches on Tramadol at recreational doses? How does your itch (if any) compare to more traditional opioids?

Personally I find the Tram itches worse than any other opiate I've tried (including codeine which is notorious for opiate itches). It can last a really long time. I take benadryl it kinda helps.

I feel you guys with the Tramadol hangover feeling. I don't drink cause I hate being hungover and then I get it from Tram. My bf often refuses to take it cause the hangover is so bad.

I always take tramadol in ER tablets and the itching comes around the time, when I want to lay down :) It's not very heavy, but when I took it (let's say) twice a year, I woke up with blood marks on my face. Now, I'd call it minor itching. Codeine (at dose around 500mg) is waaaay worse.
About hangover:
Two nights ago, I was with my friends and I drunk enough for having quite strong hangover the next day. But I also took some tramadol with it. Fuck it, it wasn't very nice. I felt some strange kind of headache, I wanted to lay down throughout all day; not a feeling I want to repeat.
pzdr