• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Official Tramadol Discussion Thread - Second Swallow

Tramadol and codeine are the only opioids I'm experienced with, and even though high-dose codeine is very itchy (I dose from 300mg upwards usually), I find tramadol, even at moderate doses (moderate for me = 300-400mg) much worse. I sweat and itch all over like a motherfucker.

Yesterday I took 800mg of tramadol, instant release (250+150+150+150+100 at 1-1.5 hour intervals) along with 40mg of Valium, a couple of beers and some weed. It felt nice for the first 5-6 hours since dosing the first trams, but then I passed out. Shit.:p

I stumbled upon 250mgs of Tramadol and aquired it. I have absolutely 0 tolerance to opiates, I haven't taken them in over a year an before that only used them occasionally. I have experience with hydrocodone, codeine, darvocet, opium and poppy pod tea. Seeing as I only have 250mgs would taking all 250mgs at once be the most effective way to get intoxicated on my Tramadol?

No,
try to space doses (I have ER version, so I don't know how long intervals are the best). Take some benzo, drink coffee. have fun :)

I stumbled upon 250mgs of Tramadol and aquired it. I have absolutely 0 tolerance to opiates, I haven't taken them in over a year an before that only used them occasionally. I have experience with hydrocodone, codeine, darvocet, opium and poppy pod tea. Seeing as I only have 250mgs would taking all 250mgs at once be the most effective way to get intoxicated on my Tramadol?

No,
try to space doses (I have ER version, so I don't know how long intervals are the best). Take some benzo, drink coffee. have fun :)

this is correct tramadol's bioavailability goes up to nearly 100% if you already have some in your system. I would take 100mg then wait approximately 2 hours and take the other 150mg. you might find you do not need more than 100mg this is why i suggest waiting 2 hours before taking the rest. If after 2 hours you feel good then just wait till another time to take your other 150.

What the other two said. If you happen to have benzos, take those, since they'll amplify it in a nice direction. Dunno if they're IR or ER, but either way, space out your doses a little, as its BA goes up with repeated doses. I would start out with 150mg and then wait 1.5-2 hours and take the other 100mg. Even tolerance-naive 250mg would do very little to me, but that way you're probably getting the most ouf of 'em.

My doctor scripted me Tramadol the other day. I've heard so many horror stories about it and yet others feel it has worked for them (for pain). The problem is that I'm also taking 20 mg Cymbalta/day, which apparently increases the chances for seizures. I've never had a seizure and don't think I am prone to them, but I'm thinking it's not a smart idea. The doctor says the doses are low enough that negative side effects are unlikely.

Anyone have experience with SNRIs and Tramadol?

I wouldn't advise taking Tramadol at high doses, it's just not worth the risk.
But, chances are you're going to anyways, so take an anti-convulsant beforehand (Lorazepam, Temazepam, etc).

My doctor scripted me Tramadol the other day. I've heard so many horror stories about it and yet others feel it has worked for them (for pain). The problem is that I'm also taking 20 mg Cymbalta/day, which apparently increases the chances for seizures. I've never had a seizure and don't think I am prone to them, but I'm thinking it's not a smart idea. The doctor says the doses are low enough that negative side effects are unlikely.

Anyone have experience with SNRIs and Tramadol?

SNRIs with tramadol are not a good idea, increased risk of seizure, provided you take it at the small doses you've been prescribed you should be fine.

Anyone else finding that other people or in this case my significant other find your use of Tramadol infuriating? MY bf claims that when I'm high I am so very annoying. Now I know Tramadol can make me talk a lot and ask stupid questions and what not. But I wasn't doing any of that. Actually I was attempting to be productive and kind and he determined that I was high because I made him dinner and didn't eat any. He said that me being high on Tramadol pisses him off because I'm annoying, apparently even my TONE OF VOICE is annoying. I don't know what is going on here. Anyone else run into this?

I have freinds who while on it become zombies and I do find that quite annoying especially if we are hanging out.

But in your situation it sounds more like he is annoyed by your use in general and is projecting his feelings of annoyance onto you as if you are annoying to be around. I bet if he didn't know you were on the drug he wouldn't find your behavior annoying. I'm guessing at this point it is a matter of he feels he's losing the woman he fell in love with to the drug because lets be honest SNRI drugs change your personality. Usually for the better but perhaps he wants you to be the way you were before tramadol came into your life?

He didn't know me really before I started doing Tramadol. I guess he just prefers that I don't. Thats why I hide it in the first place. If he doesn't know he normally doesn't get pissed off at me about it. I guess Tram kinda makes slow, stupid, and rather clumsy and he can't stand it. He used to do it with me but now that he doesn't he just gets angry. Its really frustrating.

Its harder than just stop. I just don't feel like myself
I lied today when he asked. He said I was acting strange and he thought I was on something.
I feel bad about lying but I just wanted to avoid him being mad...
(sorry if this is too TDS)

@MD- thanks for the perspective. Its nice to get some intelligent and friendly discussion around here. I'd be more than happy to listen to anything else you have to offer. If not here for fear of diverting the thread perhaps in a PM. Thanks again.

I've always found that tramadol makes me much more easy going. While on it I do not tend to get uptight/anal. When I was married, and using tramadol on a regular basis, my wife constantly told me how relaxed I had become and how much she liked this fact! She never knew I was on the stuff though. Tramadol really relaxes me and gives me a much more positive outlook on life in general.

Also, I am on oxycodone 10/325 for a blown (herniated) disc in my back. I have stated before that tramadol and hydro/oxy did not really get me high when taking the two together. It was probably due to the large amount of tramadol I was taking. Since being on the oxycodone for the past month I have found I only need to take a "regular" dose of tramadol daily, about 6 to 8 tabs. This is down from my normal dose of 22 to 26 a day. Now I get a great synergy between the oxy and the tram, really GREAT!

i detect a post has been removed from the thread. good work mods are always on their A-Game.

Musta' been as Psilo was pretty ardent in his post. Made me go back and read mine to make sure I had,'t said something!

Without tolerance around 100-150mg - maybe 200mg at most - I'd say. With some tolerance to other opiates probably more like 200mg or possibly slightly more. Not safe to use more than 400mg in any 24 hour period although many do and are okay. Too much too soon is no fun so start slow and stay as low as possible to avoid tolerance and addiction. The stimulanty effects are more pronounced if you take a single dose and the more opiatesque effects more pronounced if you stagger your dose (take 50-100mg then another 50-100mg an hour or so later). Don't mix with other drugs without checking out the interactions first as there are hundreds of serious interactions some of which are potentially fatal, none of which are any fun. Read through this thread, be safe and have fun :)

Great advice ^. I would also add that you should probably take it orally because this is a drug where you want that first pass metabolism, because that is where it converts to it's opiate like effect. And because of this, you might find as I do that the effects to not hit for quite a while after ingestion. I feel the drug about a half hour to hour in, but don't really feel the opioid effect until about three hours after the first of my staggered doses. Have fun!