• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2013 NBA Thread vers. flippity floppity

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude he's just as quick as Derrick Rose, just not as muscular but that makes me laugh even more because he's obviously just collecting a paycheck in Washington and probably doesn't train hard or live healthy very much at all. He could be a good passer if there was someone to pass it to. The only thing he can really get better at is the 3 point shot, and that kind of goes with practice and the desire that comes with playing meaningful basketball and not just hard enough to put some kind of product on the court.

I think he has the best crossover in the league right now

and dude what I thought I misread that, Michael Conley? Did you just pick a random team still in the playoffs and select their pg for your hastily assembled list because Tony Parker is a much better fit on there then Michael Conley

people forget John Wall is 6'4 and still that fast

John Wall needs to be higher, but I'd put Jennings on that list too. And Lawson. The association is loaded at point guard right now.

Idk I used to be a lot higher on Brandon Jennings than I have gotten to lately. He's still a really good player that will help whatever team he is on, but I just don't know if he does anything ridiculously well to the point of being either the best or a toss up for something you would want a pg to do.

I think Cp3 is the best passer with Rondo being like 1A, either westbrook or curry would have to the best scorers right now probably Steph, and for defensive purposes I'd have to say either Rondo or John Wall now that im really thinking about it.

It's not really something I want to admit but Jrue Holiday really doesnt belong in that conversation just because he made the all star team last year. He's really damn good, but when you watch him play against someone like Wall or Drose the speed difference is just hard to not pick up on. He is a pretty good passer and shoots better from 3 than John Wall but for two guys who are basically the same type of size, it's scary how much quicker getting to the net John Wall is. I'm not gonna go that far yet but besides Derrick Rose two years ago the last guy I saw with that much explosiveness was probably Iverson, but he had a better shot than John Wall ever could develop probably. But those 4-5 extra inches are why I think JW could be a better player if he gets out of Washington. And it's funny to have to look at it like that because you probably could build a team around him but at the same time when has washington ever been capable of building a consistently good team that didnt lose to Lebron in the first round every other year it seemed and then imploded because Gilbert Arenas was all like "im trying to play shooting guard"

Shim

Mike Conley is one of the best defensive PG's in the league
and he is a pretty good shooter

and yeah I forgot Tony Parker, Idk how I missed him

LOoking forward to Wed.

kenyonowned.gif

Paul
Westbrook
Rose
Williams
Conley
Rondo
Irving
Holiday
Lillard
Curry

John Wall

Conley is not better than Rondo. "Yeah, but he can make a jumpshot." Big freaking whoop, he is not as good a distributor, is a perennial all star, has won a championship and plays defense/rebounds pretty much better than any 6' point guard should in the NBA. Rondo's biggest deficiency is his lack of outside game (and to some degree his stupid attitude at times). Conley has to outplay Tony Parker every game in their series to even get mentioned in the top PGs. And btw, no Parker on your list? He is better than Williams right now. And honestly, only Rose, Paul and Westbrook could be argued as better than Parker at PG.

Unbelievable game.

Not sure what Vogel was thinking at the end there, substituting for Hibbert on defense. I'm sure he'll be clobbered for that.

Kudos to Spoelstra for his defensive substitutions (which he usually never does). Haslem contained West at the end there pretty effectively.

Reggie Miller is such a homer! "Oh I like that they called that foul on Wade because Bosh got the same call in the first half." That's stupid. Bosh's was a 2 point shot, and the game wasn't on the line. You should never want a game to be decided on a ticky-tack foul. Did Wade even touch George?

Outstanding game.

Not sure what Vogel was thinking at the end there, substituting for Hibbert on defense. I'm sure he'll be clobbered for that.

yeah, i was pissed when i saw them take him out and called that lebron would get easy drive to the basket.
made no sense.

I think the logical explanation is that David Stern paid the Pacers coach to throw the game

That game was mindblowing.

And yes, Vogel is a total fucking idiot. You don't want Bosh taking advantage of Hibbert at 15 feet, so you'd rather just let LeBron get to the rim?

lol

The look on David West's face was priceless.

You don't want Bosh taking advantage of Hibbert at 15 feet

I was wondering if that was his rationale. I guess Hibbert got yanked because Bosh beat him two plays prior.

Although Hibbert would still have been a weak side defender on the play. I don't think he would've stopped the layup. He may have stopped Lebron's prior layup though.

i bet lebron woulda taken a jump shot if hibbert was in

vogel should get fired for something that fucking stupid.

I can't wait until Lebron tears his ACL or some major injury

He doesn't seem like the guy that will be able to bounce back after one

I can't wait until Lebron tears his ACL or some major injury

He doesn't seem like the guy that will be able to bounce back after one

That's fucked up. Seriously dude, chill.

We all know, however, that LeBron is indestructible.

Status
Not open for further replies.