• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

off to Singapore in a few weeks, anyone had trouble.

collier

Greenlighter
Hey I am off to Singapore in a few weeks then on to the UK to visit family. Of course I will not be taking anything illegal with me and will not be looking to take anything there, I have an aversion to being hanged.

Just a bit paranoid/worried that I might be drug checked on the way in, what happens if I am swabbed for drugs and it comes up positive? Is there a chance a drug sniffer dog might smell residue on clothing? I only use meth very lightly perhaps once per a month, might use a week before leaving.

Anyone had any trouble travelling through Singapore? There will be two of us travelling and both clean looking/dressed.

also is there a chance that the shoes I have worn whilst using meth might still have sweat residue on them? Should I wash them? Use odor eaters or essential oils on them before flying? Am I being overly paranoid?

You should be fine even if there is residue or whatever if they happen to swab you. It might cause a delay and some scare, but as far as I've seen from tv shows like customs there would be little they could do to you if you don't actually have anything on you or in any of your bags etc. Only a guess tho.

Yes, you are very paranoid!! So many come through customs each day you are just another face. Make sure your paperwork is in order and don't blow meth smoke on your shoes!! Seriously dude, don't take anything illegal into another country and you shouldn't have anything to worry about. On another note I was traveling to Dubai a few years ago and I had prescriptions for Oxycodone and Prozac. I was picked out for a baggage check and my Prozac was confiscated but my Oxycodone was passed. Go figure?? Just a stupid story. You'll be fine. Enjoy your trip.

I've been to Singapore before and customs there is a joke. At least when I was there they let everyone pass through and only had a line for people who had something to declare. If your paranoid about the residue thing then just wipe down your cards and get a new wallet. I have heard they swab locals coming from overseas but I think that is the extent of it.

Though you do not seem like you will do it, do not use drugs in Singapore. Not only is it really looked down upon but the penalities are immense and draconian. Undercover cops are in the clubs etc. However, it is unlikely you would be offered any, nor would you have much luck if you asked around.

I'd be getting a new wallet and wiping my cards clean, but I wouldn't bother more then that. Lots of people would have some level of drug residue on there shoes/clothes. It wouldn't make sense for them to try to pin someone for something like that.

Have a fun trip.

thanks, I was just being overly paranoid, have been reading about too many stories of random drug tests and sting operations. I very rarely use anything here so definitely will not be using in Singapore. Not a fan of being caned or hung until death occurs. Suppose I could take my work I.D with me too since I had drugs at work so could explain why their might be residue.

Thanks for the info/reassurances

Random drug tests have in the past been reserved for students coming home to Singapore after studying overseas. I have never heard of any one being tested if they are traveling on a tourist visa.

Dubai on the other hand have been known to lock foreigners up for something as small as a poppy seed off a bagel that was bought at an overseas airport.

I thought that the swabs were mainly for things like dust from making explosives, didn't know they did drug swabs.

Singapore is hardcore along with Thailand, Indonesia, etc. If they can swab for drugs and it tests positive, they'll prob search all your stuff very thoroughly including tearing apart your actual suitcases. The main thing is that you don't have any actual drugs on you, so that they eventually let you go.

Are the drug testing in bali club stories true? Im heading there in a few weeks wonderig if ishould stop vaping a few weeks before so if i do get piss tested i dont get deported at my expense (thats what ive hered not sure how true)

In both Indonesia and Singapore you can get arrested just for failing a drug test as well as other South East Asian countries. In Indonesia most cops are corrupt so there is a good chance you can bribe your way out.

Are the drug testing in bali club stories true? Im heading there in a few weeks wonderig if ishould stop vaping a few weeks before so if i do get piss tested i dont get deported at my expense (thats what ive hered not sure how true)

In both Indonesia and Singapore you can get arrested just for failing a drug test as well as other South East Asian countries. In Indonesia most cops are corrupt so there is a good chance you can bribe your way out.

where are you guys getting the idea/information the they randomly drug(piss) test tourists willy nilly - whether it be on arrival in the airport or upon entering an nightclub? i'm sincerely interested.

I really hate threads like these because inevitably one finds scores of "Naaaah man, it is overblown, it never happens to tourists..." Guess what? It does and your doing methamphetamine a week before will not snag you, it would be the residue on your clothes and/or personal belongings. Imagining that you will be let go after being searched is a joke. Last time I cared enough to look it was 14 days jail and then deportation at your own expense. If you don't have the thousands of dollars it takes to buy a ticket for same day travel you can sit in an immigration detention centre until the cows come home. Southeast Asia is no joke.

On a personal note, I'm often reminded of the old maxim that no airline flying out of Bangkok ever checks for proof of onward passage. When I was younger, and stupider, I believed what I heard. Then on one late night hop to Manila I was barred for only having a one way ticket. The moral? The worst that can happen DOES happen and it doesn't mean jack shi* if 50 of your mates have waltzed through Singaporean Customs after banging a gramme each. They may be fortunate but that means absolutely nothing if they choose to punch your ticket.

There ARE false positives on residue tests, both by machine AND swab. If you do get flagged they will ask you to submit to a physical test. Refuse and it is off to jail and barred for life. Submit and pass and you will be flagged everytime you transit or visit. Fail and it is prison. So, know the facts and prepare accordingly.

Finally, the poster who reckoned the OP will be fine because Aussie Customs- on TV- let's travellers go gets kudos for making me smile. If only Singapore were Australia, right?

Yeah ive stopped smoking weed (not meth) for now not worth it, when i was in phuket we spoke to an american couple that flew in and they made the male piss in a cup, he said if he tested posotive then he would have to be on the next flight out. Not worth the risk.

Just a bit paranoid/worried that I might be drug checked on the way in, what happens if I am swabbed for drugs and it comes up positive? Is there a chance a drug sniffer dog might smell residue on clothing? I only use meth very lightly perhaps once per a month, might use a week before leaving.

Anyone had any trouble travelling through Singapore? There will be two of us travelling and both clean looking/dressed.

There is so much bullshit in this thread.

You asked asked what can happen.. so here it is.. In Singapore you can be compelled to take a drug test, positive is considered possession.

Drug Test

It is a criminal offense to refuse a police request for a drug test. A positive test deems drug possession even if the drugs have been ingested outside Singapore.
http://www.entersingapore.info/sginfo/risk-investigation.php

Mandatory Drug Testing

In Singapore, you can be dragged into custody without a warrant and be compelled to submit to drug testing by the Singapore authorities. As Singaporean drug counselor and ex-detainee Tony Tan explains: "[Penalties for] the first time you are caught for drug consumption is one year, the second time is three years and the third time is five minimum with three strokes of the cane," says Tan. "Consumption just means that your urine has tested positive."

According to Tan, Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) officers are stationed at Changi Airport, searching for telltale signs of drug use. "In Singapore, if you are taking drugs overseas once you cross the border into Singapore and test positive you will still be charged even though you didn't consume the drugs in Singapore," says Tan.
http://goseasia.about.com/od/singapore/a/Singapore-Drug-Laws.htm

Drug dogs will sniff residue. I know for a fact they may even detect trace amounts.

However, walking out of Changi airport you'll wonder what all the fuss is about and how they even ever catch anyone as it's about 12minutes from walking off the airplane to sitting in the cab asking the uncle to take you to get chicken rice.. still .. it's Singapore- there's probably an army of workers already having scanned your bag while you got off the plane.

You won't be hanged for what isn't under mandatory death penalty (you can look this up there's a table of quantities.. some of which I would consider personal use myself).. Don't risk shit though. Wouldn't worry about your shoes.

If you're worried just make sure you wear all everything different to when you do it.. also look up how long meth is testable for... but other than that I wouldn't go too paranoid .. protip: if it's your first time in Singapore and someone says they're "high" or going to "get high" don't get too excited- they're probably using the Mandarin meaning of the word (drunk).

britain has a good relationship with the singaporians (is that right?), so just cry to the embassy if the shit hits the fan.

edit oh no realised your an aussie, should be ok