• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NSW teenager dies after taking LSD

I've thought for a long time that we should have an award ceremony for the worst reporting on drugs and drugs policy. Sort of like the Darwin Awards, or the IgNobel Awards, we could call them the 'Dopey Awards'... Any story could be nominated by the Bluelight community, and then a small committee of scientists/ doctors/reliable journos could narrow them down to the worst of the worst... At least there would be a historical record of who is committing the the worst sins against science!

Even if we made it international, I reckon it's something that Australia could consistently win at, which could be a great morale boost for the country, given its recent performance at the Olympics / rugby / cricket etc...;)

A Current Affair and Today Tonight would have something new to compete over then.

The reason she (anna) kept it (drug use) from his and his wife was because they were so strict and draconian in their views. Some of my old mates were with her that night and morning and they all didn't want to call the ambo sooner for Anna because of fear of her parents finding out she had gone to a rave and had an E, and what they (he) would do.

The other guy in the vid seems to have some clue, but tony does need to fade out, I think he should have over 15 odd yrs ago.

And that's the thing that really gets me Poledriver. People like Tony Wood are just rich, ignorant twits who think their kids can do no wrong. They can't accept even the idea, let alone the fact that their child is not exactly an angel. He would rather crusade against drugs every day because it will distract him from the deep dark thoughts of "Maybe if I had done something differently, my daughter would not have made choices that led to her death"

So fuck Tony Wood. I can't say it enough times, this guy is a pure embodiment of everything that's wrong with the world. Creating a desperate facade to keep themselves convinced that the world is the way they want it to be, not the way it actually is and screwing everything up in the process.

I'm probably being a tad melodramatic now but this one really shits me. I guess I sort of tricked myself into believing that we were making some progress on this issue in Australia.

Last edited:
Im honestly sick and tired of watching life after life after life being extinguished by this evil drug.

Time to face facts Australia. We led the world by showing we cannot be trusted with colours on our durrie packets which was a good step, but but makes me wonder how blotter acid is able to use every image/clolour under the sun to attract its key demographic (7-16year olds).

Time to show the corporate fatcats at 'Big LSD' that Australia means buisness.

The reason she (anna) kept it (drug use) from his and his wife was because they were so strict and draconian in their views. Some of my old mates were with her that night and morning and they all didn't want to call the ambo sooner for Anna because of fear of her parents finding out she had gone to a rave and had an E, and what they (he) would do.

The other guy in the vid seems to have some clue, but tony does need to fade out, I think he should have over 15 odd yrs ago.
oh man that's so sad.
i can relate to this sort of parenting and the way it makes kids more deceitful than they otherwise would (in normal circumstances these young people would most likely be honest and responsible.
it must have been horribly traumatic for your old friends - not just the event but the media frenzy that followed. the sort of thing that would be with you for ever. much like mr wood - who is entitled to his opinion, but i do wish the media would ease up on giving him such a platform for his reactionary, counterproductive argument.
grieve and move on, man.

Last edited:
Im honestly sick and tired of watching life after life after life being extinguished by this evil drug.

Time to face facts Australia. We led the world by showing we cannot be trusted with colours on our durrie packets which was a good step, but but makes me wonder how blotter acid is able to use every image/clolour under the sun to attract its key demographic (7-16year olds).

Time to show the corporate fatcats at 'Big LSD' that Australia means buisness.

Plenty of WOW is awesome though. ;)

total load of rat shit.. fuck off tony wood - you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

People die from drugs, sure. I think, it's fair to say that it's probably more dangerous for your daughter to walk home from a bar at night than it is to drop E and stay at that bar all night ;) (In light of recent media evidence that women in melbourne and australia in general are being abducted far more often than teens dying off MDMA)

Yeah Tony Wood really does need to back off and re-educate himself and read more statistics and understand our culture better before continueing to want to maximise penalites for drug use.

As far as his zero tollerance policy is concerned, that may work for ship crews of 300, but I zero tollernace in general society is a different ball game. Drug dealers dealing with 100+pills which is only small amounts in real terms will already expect some jail time, so how would it be any difference with zero tollerance? If Australia takes a more zero tollerance approach all you do is increase the cost of the drug. I know someone who was working with refugee's in xmas island, the price for Cannabis there is 10-15 times the amount it is here in Melbourne. It just shows that the higher risk or difficulty to get a drug to a spot always has a price, and there is always some people willing to pay it.

Yeah Tony Wood really does need to back off and re-educate himself and read more statistics and understand our culture better before continueing to want to maximise penalites for drug use.

I agree he needs to back off, but judging from his last 17 yrs of dribble on the subject of drugs speaking at schools and on tv and radio etc I don't think he will change ever. I rekon he's made it his mission to 'educate' kids that drugs WILL kill and you should be arrested if you use or hold them.

Last edited:
Tony Wood has every right to feel the way he does but it is about time someone in the media shot him down during one of his heart felt interviews. It doesn't have to be malicious simply pointing out the fact that we are one of the highest consumers of mdma yet we don't see the numbers of deaths that should be connected to a "highly dangerous drug". Too often he is allowed to have the last say while the interviewer simply nods understandingly.

Tony Wood has every right to feel the way he does but it is about time someone in the media shot him down during one of his heart felt interviews. It doesn't have to be malicious simply pointing out the fact that we are one of the highest consumers of mdma yet we don't see the numbers of deaths that should be connected to a "highly dangerous drug". Too often he is allowed to have the last say while the interviewer simply nods understandingly.

Well put

Tony Wood reminds me of the dad in America who crusades against steroids, because his depressed son supposedly died after taking steroids.

It saddens me to hear of this tale, as Its something in my profession I have witnessed. The Family members are always unbelieveably grieve stricken. My Heart Goes Out To The People That Were Left Behind to have to find a way to deal with this terrible loss.

total load of rat shit.. fuck off tony wood - you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

People die from drugs, sure. I think, it's fair to say that it's probably more dangerous for your daughter to walk home from a bar at night than it is to drop E and stay at that bar all night ;) (In light of recent media evidence that women in melbourne and australia in general are being abducted far more often than teens dying off MDMA)

Pure class mate, you would fit right in telling your storys on Today tonight,

'MURDER,murder,MURDER NowNownow on a street near yyyyo00uuuu'

There was a PMA death this year.

There was a half dozen pmma deaths where i live in canada last year, and the media didnt ignore it, nor did the police. If something toxic is being sold as acid both the media and police will exploit it ruthlessly, it suits their agenda of drugs are bad just perfectly. Everyone here assumes these kids were sold nbomes under false pretenses. It seems far more likely they knew what they were taking, if indeed it was an Nbome
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26830936@N04/8100913330/in/photostream/

That doesnt even look like acid to me

Last edited:
What a load of shit, once again the media brands this crap to try scare the population. I can honestly say Lsd has helped me so much over the last year. I have only taken it 4 times and half a tab each time. Combined with bucket bongs was another story but none the less, it has opened my world up and allowed me to see people and things for what they really are without this egotistic bullshit and propaganda the government speaks of. I can see why the government doesn't want the public to think it's safe when in fact its such a powerful tool that should be used responsibly. My first acid trip my gf talked me through my emotions and i got the last 5 previous years of my life out and cleansed my soul, all the days of getting high on pills and doing speed or meth or 2cb or whatever i could get my hands on was so stupid and lsd made me realize that there is more to life than just that and not to believe what you hear in the media. Either way i thank Lsd for changing my life and making me the better and more chilled out person i am today. <3 LUCY!

If I were to take a guess, I would say he took DOI (or some other DOX chemical) instead of LSD.
Yet another example of the dangers of drug prohibition.

If something toxic is being sold as acid both the media and police will exploit it ruthlessly, it suits their agenda of drugs are bad just perfectly.
agree.
That doesnt even look like acid to me
how can you tell?
If I were to take a guess, I would say he took DOI (or some other DOX chemical) instead of LSD.
probably not a good idea to be guessing.
Yet another example of the dangers of drug prohibition.
to a certain extent i agree.

more shit in the media about it today, this time from CLEMENTINE CUNEO POLICE REPORTER The Sunday Telegraph December 16

Old drugs hit a killer new high

795138-nick-mitchell.jpg

LSD overdose ... Nick Mitchell, 15, from the Central Coast. Source: The Daily Telegraph

IT'S the return of the retro high - and it comes at a deadly price.

A resurgence of two drugs from the psychedelic '60s - LSD and Nexus - has added a dangerous dimension to the local party scene.

Their appeal among the under-30s is they last longer than other drugs, are relatively cheap and are supposed to be safer than other drugs.

Yet this year alone they have caused at least one death, been a contributing factor in another and resulted in serious injuries to a third person.

NSW Police drug squad boss Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham warns synthetic drugs like LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) and Nexus (2CB) are manufactured with no quality control.

"You never know what you're taking," Supt Bingham said. "They are incredibly dangerous, like all drugs, and the damage they can do should not be underestimated."

A fortnight ago, teenager Nick Mitchell, from Tascott on the Central Coast, died after he allegedly experimented with LSD. The 15-year-old schoolboy and a mate of the same age allegedly each took a "tab" they had bought on the street.

Nick lapsed into a coma and died from suspected respiratory and heart complications triggered by the drug. His mate, suffering a psychotic episode induced by the drug, stripped off his clothes and ran into traffic, where he was seriously injured, police said.

Friends of the boys, who asked not to be named, said LSD was widely available on the Central Coast, costing around $15 a tab.

"That's pretty good when you think it's going to last you for 10 hours or so. Marijuana you have to keep smoking to have the same hit," one teen said.

The recent inquest into Brazilian student Roberto Laudisio Curti, who died after being tasered by police during a night out, was told that he had begun acting strangely after taking LSD.

Also known as "acid" or a "trip", LSD came to prominence during the hippie movement because of its mind-altering effects and sensory experiences such as seeing and hearing things differently.

It is derived from the fungus ergot, which grows on rye grass, but was later produced synthetically because it was thought to treat headaches and migraines.

But according to drug expert Paul Dillon, LSD never went away.

"The increase in interest in drugs like LSD or magic mushrooms that I am seeing among school-based young people has been quite astounding over the past year," Mr Dillon said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/old-drugs-hit-a-killer-new-high/story-e6freuy9-1226537456659

The recent inquest into Brazilian student Roberto Laudisio Curti, who died after being tasered by police during a night out, was told that he had begun acting strangely after taking LSD.

the punch line... shame on the author of this bs, and shane on all the police that murdered the young brazilian Roberto, shame on you!