North Korea: A Pot Smoker's Paradise

stivsmegg;11234208 said:
too bad foreigners cant go to shops anymore though.:(
Nopenopenope. That got turned down. You can still toke in Amsterdam. LINK!

EDIT: Should have read the rest of the comments. Someone already pointed this out.

mangles;11251664 said:
good credentials. i'm still super skeptical of everything i read about NK tho

I don't think you should fear that you would read some NK propaganda in western media. NK will be criticised in the west, no matter what.

Anyway, I don't get this article. Weed is NOT legal in NK, they just don't crackdown on it. Is it really so strange that a country has come to understand that the war on drugs DOES NOT WORK, and just do so much damage to society.

Oh my, a country where they don't put you in jail for ingesting a substance, and chilling out. How strange, huh? 8)

Mitchi;11254191 said:
I don't think you should fear that you would read some NK propaganda in western media. NK will be criticised in the west, no matter what.

Yeah the Vice Guide to North Korea isn't exactly flattering. NK News (the source of this article) is published by the people who made the Vice guide.

Mitchi;11254191 said:

i don't think i'm going to read NK propaganda. i've read many conflicting articles about the same topics, conflicting facts from different western sources, and even the same articles which when put on different websites have different quotes and info left out in one and not the other. i'm just saying reporting on NK is usually pretty unreliable.

poledriver;11233675 said:
yeah, i'm not going there on a stoners holiday. Amsterdam sounds good.

Yeah this whole time reading this I was thinking, what's wrong with Amsterdam?

Give me a break. Unpoliced weed doesn't negate the fact that North Korean government doesn't believe in human rights. It's no "paradise".

B
"You might be surprised by what we’re about to say: the most tight-lipped, conservative and controlling country in the world is also a weed-smoker’s paradise."
the hell it is.
/great article for the homepage of the site tho.... :/

B
slimvictor;11236171 said:
There is absolutely nothing about North Korea that is paradise.
No food, no rights...
Who would want that? Certainly not those who live there.
Who gives a flying rat's ass about whether they have weed?
Give them some food to stop the terrible malnutrition and death by starvation.
After that, maybe they can think about trying to get some basic human rights.

who chose to put that trash on our front page? weaksauce right there..

bmxxx;11263367 said:
who chose to put that trash on our front page? weaksauce right there..

Agreed, there's so many articles to choose from, they should rotate them and even use some from other areas on BL sometimes, it would make it much more interesting on the front page. And fix the comments on them, all the articles on the front page say only a small amount of comments when there are always loads more. Oh, whilst i'm at it, and add more tweets to the official BL twitter account, they seem to only use DiTM articles and pretty rarely, they could pump out the articles and info and gain alot of followers quickly, as it is there is only just over a 1000 followers I think.

B
i've had sooo much 'sauce' in the past few hours (butter, a ton of hot peppers / paprika /garlic) Am sweating my ass off.

Smoker's paradise, people's hell.
It's pretty common to see a totalitarian government supply its population with cheap downers, think Cuba and rum or the Communist Eastbloc and vodka. No-one who is seriously baked is going to take up arms for the revolution.

dutchfreak;11280363 said:
It's pretty common to see a totalitarian government supply its population with cheap downers, think Cuba and rum

I don't remember us consuming rum in great quantities. From what I noticed, what kept us from revolting was the fact that every one of our neighbors were watching us, and their neighbors watching them, ad infinitum.