North Korea: A Pot Smoker's Paradise

sekio;11232095 said:
Oh boy, this makes me totally want to move to north korea now.

Someone on reddit pointed out though, imagine being stoned in a country known for its food shortages, where Kim Jong-Un is literally the only guy who could buy a box of Ho-Ho's...

yeah they import EVERYTHING for the ills, coca-cola and the like, while everyone else starves, unless you are a high ranking officer but who would want to be that. i saw a rare news report from there and the people fall all over themselves crying to show their love for the enlightened one! i dont think this one perk makes up in any way for the faults of this country...probaably used as a control anyway.

Boupstarnm;11232628 said:
I wanna know about strains. Has NK been closed off long enough from the outside world to have true land race strains?

I know the article said they didn't have strong weed but they might have some unique genetics/traits. Could be interesting.

That's what I'm talking about man...some true, stabilized, land race, unadulterated cannabis baby, cross that shit with some chocolate (thai) or some Mr Nice, or even a super sativa like Blue Dream or Train Wreck.

That would pose some interesting possibilities. Maybe if I wrote a letter to Kimmy to see if he would send me some seeds from his choice varieties in exchange for some of the biggest, kindest buds that little peninsula has ever seen. You could call it NK Candles x (crossed) with Northern Lights....llollololol.!!!

Well this kinda shoots down the whole idea of "if everyone smoked weed our govt wouldn't be so anal"

P A;11231707 said:
lolol If toking constitutes a 'mental accomplishment,' I suppose I spent the duration of my high school career in the company of the next Isaac Newtons and Aristotles of this world. =D

I don't think he's saying smoking is a mental accomplishment, he's saying weed expands your mind allowing you make new ideals/revelations not previously realized. Then NK will kill u for thinking outside the box

There is absolutely nothing about North Korea that is paradise.
No food, no rights...
Who would want that? Certainly not those who live there.
Who gives a flying rat's ass about whether they have weed?
Give them some food to stop the terrible malnutrition and death by starvation.
After that, maybe they can think about trying to get some basic human rights.

stivsmegg;11234208 said:
too bad foreigners cant go to shops anymore though.:(

Are you sure? Must be very new law then -

Tourists exempted from ban on smoking cannabis in Amsterdam

Dutch police will not enforce a ban on the sale of marijuana to the two million foreign tourists who buy and smoke cannabis in Amsterdam's "coffee shops" every year.

After a national ban on the purchase of marijuana by foreigners in other Dutch cities, such as Maastricht and Rotterdam, Holland's capital has been under pressure to introduce similar restrictions.

Eberhard van der Laan, Amsterdam's mayor, has refused to enforce the ban in a city where up to a third of its annual seven million tourists take advantage of the country's famous cannabis cafes.

"It has been decided that Amsterdam law enforcement authorities will not attach any priority to enforcing the local residence requirement," he wrote in a letter to the government.

"Our concern is that if we applied the residence requirement, they would buy cannabis products on the street," Mr an der Laan wrote.

After the capital's rebellion, the current Dutch government has left it up to local authorities to choose if they implement the ban or not.

But from the New Year, Amsterdam will impose new restrictions on cannabis use which are expected to lead to the closure of a third of the city's cannabis cafes.

From 1 January coffee shops will have to be at least 275 yards from schools and there will be a total on the smoking of cannabis in school playgrounds.

The ban means teachers will be able to call the police if teenagers are caught smoking marijuana on school premises.

As well as the closure of 44 cannabis cafes near schools another 26 coffee shops near the city's red light district will be forced to close in a bid to curb antisocial behaviour.

By Bruno Waterfield11:43PM GMT 12 Dec 2012

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rom-ban-on-smoking-cannabis-in-Amsterdam.html

poledriver;11236381 said:
Are you sure? Must be very new law then -

Tourists exempted from ban on smoking cannabis in Amsterdam

By Bruno Waterfield11:43PM GMT 12 Dec 2012

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rom-ban-on-smoking-cannabis-in-Amsterdam.html

no thats the law im talking about...or rather the ban but i now see that the cops say that they wont put any priority on the ban, i was going by the news i just recently read about the ban...didnt know about this development....i do live on the other side of the planet you know8).

That's cool, I hope they wont change things, i'm on the other side of the planet too and I doubt I'll be getting over there anytime soon (if ever).

poledriver;11236568 said:
That's cool, I hope they wont change things, i'm on the other side of the planet too and I doubt I'll be getting over there anytime soon (if ever).

yeah im a felon so probably never too, maybe after 10 years if i have the money but really probably not. i really want to go to germany, my mom goes there twice a year on business.

megawoof;11231331 said:
like its been said they struggle to feed everyone there god help you if you get the munchies from smoking pot all day

That's the first thing I thought! How insanely cruel. It's like being in a whorehouse without a balloon!

Captain.Heroin;11230906 said:
Still prefer how things are here where I am, since I have a lot more freedom here than someone of my stance in North Korea would, but that's good to know that they're toking there. Very surprising.

How do you know? have you been there? USA is pretty oppressive... Nah I know what you mean bro.

THis is really surprising - that's cool! Get in North Korea...a little respect your way...just a little though

North Korea is not in any way controlled by the pharmaceutical industry (and other countries). So it's not that surprising I guess

Good for the NKs. Lighting a spliff after work is something we all enjoy :)

i don't know if i believe this, any info regarding NK is notoriously false or misconstrued. i mean, we don't even know when jong-un's birthday is, whether or not he has kids, etc. how are we supposed to believe this is accurate

Benjamin R. Young is a Master’s degree student in world history at The College at Brockport, working on his thesis Juche in the USA: The Black Panther Party’s Experiences and Relations with North Korea, 1969-1971 and intends to continue at doctoral level.His main interests are Cold War international history with a focus on North Korea, the Black Power movement, the radical 1960s, and Marxism in the Third World. He can be reached on [email protected]

http://www.nknews.org/content_author/ben-young/