Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Non-existent drugs in Australia

DRUGZNOTHUGZ

Bluelighter
Has anyone noticed there's a few drugs prevalent in American culture that seem to completely miss Down Under? We got some of the highest rates of drug use in the world, yet most people I speak to wouldn't have half a clue wtf PCP is. I can't recall it ever coming up in conversation, let alone knowing someone that deals or uses it. Also, crack (freebase coke, not meth) is dead near impossible to obtain from experience, and most people assume you're talking about crystal meth if you use that terminology. Why is dis??

Coke is too expensive for dealers to be slinging crack to urban youth like America. Its reputation also means not many suits would really be interested.

Pcp is the same, too niche and I doubt you would get too many people buying a dipped cigarette when all they are after are shards

The one I'm most disappointed with is hash ( and wax). You'd think there would be mountains of off cuts in this country that there would be more floating about but it is like finding Christ's chalice every time I do stumble upon a steady supply.

Ditto amphetamine sulphate. When I was a whipper snapper that what you got when looking for speed and I'd take it over meth any day.

^ true enough. Hash (oil) all seems to be home-made amateur job stuff.
I suppose people are so used to buying/using bud that there isnt much appreciation or demand for the sort of extracts that are all the rage in the US - or for more traditional forms of hash.
Damn shame, really.

As for the other stuff - it might be exceedingly rare here, but i have been led to believe that almost any substance can be obtained in australia via darkweb markets.
But without a viable user base (ie market) domestic drug scenes can't really develop.
Crack has a reputation as a cheap ghetto drug - which just doesnt work out in an economic sense in a country like australia.
Doesnt mean some coke users dont convert their powder into base though.

As for the whole meth/crack discussion - yup, that pisses a lot of people off.
If you punch those words into the search engine you'd find at least one thread about that.
I think its a combination of some kinda american/hip hop linguistic appropriation of crack - like a "meth head" becomes a "crack head" and likewise "crackpipe" or australianised "crackie" is slang term for a glass pipe (which i still think of as [hash] oil pipes).
I think replacing "meth" with "crack" sounds cooler to some folks - but maybe seems more stigmatised to others. Maybe neither?
It's annoying though, i agree.
Call shit by it's proper name! Turning up to the emergency dept and telling them you've had too much crack is just dumb.

everything is here, you just gotta go to the out door raves and meet people, idk maybe I was just lucky and landed in the right crew but I have been invited and attended some of the most exclusive outdoor raves... mescaline is way more prevalent then you think... so are all the cooler shulgin inventions

I honestly wouldn't even know if I've had amphetamine before, never had access to a test kit and most folks wouldn't even know the difference if you asked. From what I know, most powdered speed in Australia is just crushed meth cut to shit, which people think is speed IE amphetamine. And I've never heard of anyone taking any 2Cx compounds either, come to think of it... at least not outside of a goog that was adulterated with it. We mostly seem to get all the mainstream stuff at street level...
Hmm, I've heard one of my mates gets all those Dutch pills with the awesome presses and like 150+mg MDMA, but I never really looked into the whole darkwebz method of obtaining drugs. Mostly cos when I think about it I feel uneasy about buying drugs from someone I can't put a face to...
Yeah I get the whole viable marketplace bit. I guess it's simply supply and demand. Although I would think there'd be a lot more people looking to buy hash than what's available, cos I know plenty of bongheads that froth over the shit. And coke seems to be considered more of a rich person drug in the groups I've associated with, taken by the types with money and egos, which kinda doesn't mix with the whole crackhead living in a gutter "searching on your knees for a piece of rock" reputation. Most people think of meth users IE shard addicts like that. And yeah, that annoys the hell out of me when people refer to meth as crack, especially when they smoke meth themselves. Surely you have the Internet, why don't you look up what you're taking? I had plenty of spare time when I stayed up all night on the shit.

Coke is too expensive for dealers to be slinging crack to urban youth like America. Its reputation also means not many suits would really be interested.

Pcp is the same, too niche and I doubt you would get too many people buying a dipped cigarette when all they are after are shards

The one I'm most disappointed with is hash ( and wax). You'd think there would be mountains of off cuts in this country that there would be more floating about but it is like finding Christ's chalice every time I do stumble upon a steady supply.

Ditto amphetamine sulphate. When I was a whipper snapper that what you got when looking for speed and I'd take it over meth any day.
When i was growing i always made my own bubblehash (water extracted hash). It was pretty much all i ever smoked for years. I kept it all to myself though :)
I wish there was still old fashioned speed around. I have no interest in meth. Its too neurotoxic and plus i like my teeth.

Are we allowed to do availability discussion on AusDD now? It always used to be against the rules here.

Someone here made crack ten years ago just for the fun of it. They got a very low yield and said it wasn't worth doing again. Shatter does get around in very select circles but most people are very protective of their source - the majority of people still don't know what a rig is though. I have never heard of PCP in Australia ever. Some Doofers are majorly into Mescaline - having a backyard full of cactus is one of my gardening loves.

If this post violates the rules in any way please feel free to delete it mods.

The 2C drugs were around in Brisbane years ago. I love 2cb, 2ci not so much..

pcp is not going to be that well known or readily available in most parts of america either.

i'll live without having access to crack on the street :p

all other drugs are available online, for better or worse.

Are we allowed to do availability discussion on AusDD now? It always used to be against the rules here.
DONT request information on the availability OR pricing of street drugs, pharmaceuticals or anything else
I think this thread is fine, as it isn't requesting specific substances, just inquiring about why some things are completely unheard of in australia.
If the OP was asking "so...can anybody here get crack cocaine?" it would be a different story.
Other mods might have a different point of view, but it seems ok so far to me.

A lot of the rarer things aussies seem to report using are acquired outside of traditional drug markets. The whole drug scene has changed dramatically in the last few years.
A couple of decades ago, the idea of people making small orders for exotic chems from overseas for personal consumption was all but unheard of. Now it's practically mainstream.
But it doesnt mean you'll necessarily find 2C-x drugs at your local dealer's place.

Last edited:
I feel the same way as spacejunk. The prohibition on availability discussion is largely in place to prevent people from advertising they are looking to buy or sell certain drugs. So long as people are using common sense and sticking to the topic I have absolutely no problem with this thread.

I CAN NOT STAND METH BEING CALLED CRACK!!!!!!

Anyway, I know heaps of people who cook their own crack/freebase. At least 10-20 ppl. Most of them don't realize it's crack though, most think it's just smokeable coke *Rolls Eyes*

Never heard of PCP around except on darknet(I browse my friends account, I'm not willing to take those risks)

2c's are around in certain subcultures/circles as are many of the RC Tryptamines/Phens but it's often hard to find a specific RC. Often you just stumble upon something.
I got 2c-I/E/T-7 off an old friend and 2c-b at a festival. I & B are beautiful, T-7 is too but not as recreational and more a tool.

Some guy had 5-MEO-DIPT which I thought was strange at a recent doof.

And Verybuffed, I totes agree with 2c-e, out of maybe 10 tries only once did I not feel poisoned and it was a really nice trip just that once but I didn't enjoy it any other time.

Yeah i wish we had more variety to the smack in Australia. All that is around is China white which is mid range ( still good and can knock you off your ass) but i haven't heard of any Afghan brown being around since i knew a guy in the late 90's. For those who don't know if you brought the china white smack we get in Australia from Asia to Europe you wouldn't be able to sell it, the Afghan brown is that much better.

I know ditto about black tar heroin that i read about in the north american threads but i've heard it's crap compared to the china white so maybe we are not that unlucky in Aus.

I'm happy crack is non existent in Australia that shit will make your blood itch and look at the ghetto's in the us, that's the result of crack being readily available. (ok not the exclusive reason there is ghetto's but it's part of the mix)

On the flip side i wish cocaine was a bit cheaper, the bitch as they say is in US is a lot of fun if you can get the good stuff

pcp is not going to be that well known or readily available in most parts of america either.

i'll live without having access to crack on the street.

That's actually a good thing. I wish Crack was not available as much as it is.
It makes huge amount of street people turn in to zombies.

Some of them become Heroin addicts just to deal with the comedown as I've watched yesterday in a documentary.
I've actually seem this happen quite often. Heroin and crack or vice versa.

The guy would smoke Crack because "he wanted" and used heroin because "he needed".
Not to avoid being sick - simply to deal with the comedown of his crack abuse.

2c's were pretty frequent in the rave scene here around 2007 - 2009, and I bought some as late as 2012 (although I ended up trading it for benzos when I started coming down from smoking pipes).

the crack/meth thing is simple - "crackpipe" rolls off the tongue easier than "meth pipe" or "glassie," and once people started calling them crackpipes, they started referring to the shard they smoked in it as crack. These days I mostly hear "shard" and "pip," but I'm not into that scene anymore and have only occasional contact with people who are.

I think 2c-x drugs generally will be harder to come by since they were banned in canada - and more importantly - china, in 2015.

sometimes i see the prices they go for on the dark net now, even things like mxe and 4-ho-met etc, and i cringe abit cause i coulda stocked up a couple yrs ago and made it big ! :p

Wish we had Oxymorphone and diamorphine available on the pharmaceutical market. Other than that, there is hardly any Afghani (brown) Heroin around which is bizarre. Add that to tough border protection and the Golden Triangle having shrunk in output most years since 2000 and it makes for a bleak supply-side to the local smack market. What sells in Queensland for triple digist wouldn't even get double digit dollars in Amsterdam. That's how bad it is!!!

What sells in Queensland

There's your problem right there. the H market in Aus has always been iffy outside of Sydney and Melbourne as far as I know.