• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Non-existent drugs in Australia

The 2c's are still around, particularly if you are in the doof scene. A couple of weeks ago I had some great 2cb at an outdoor festival and earlier this year had some mescaline given to me at another doof. Once at a psytrance party in melbourne I was also offered 2ce and 2ct7 but this was a couple of years ago and by hardcore trippers that I see at doofs regularly.

Never seen pcp here and have had crack cocaine once by a mate who made it himself. Take me back to 2010-2012 where we had plenty of mxe and 2cb

If one looks rather carefully, you might just find some of the more esoteric of substances. However Australia is an island with a rather small population so the spread and availability of said substances is rather rare.

to shed some light on the nz side of some of the substances mentioned here. never come across pcp, even tho it was legal here up until a year or two before i moved here. i know the 2c varieties were arround earlier this year, love 2cb and been trying to get it again ever since with no luck so far. same goes for 5-meo-dipt. not seen crack cocaine but u can get hold of cocaine if u know the right people. i laugh when people turn down the idea of buying a g of cocaine when they hear the price, cuz its still actually cheaper than a g of meth lol, but people wanting cocaine arent in the meth scene so i guess it does sound like a lot to them. however, methylone (research chemical closest chemically to mdma tho imo its more speedy as opposed to lovey dovey) has taken off here and is like a quarter of the price. a lot of crap tries to get sold as mdma or ecstacy, but u can also get real mdma too. same for acid, had some shit, and had some of the real deal as recently as a few months ago. i only had access to the above things cuz of the crowd im in, pretty close to a guy who imports a lot of this stuff into the city im in. of the big drug circle i know, i only know of one opiate addict, tho i have easy access to oxymorphone at an alright price.

i laugh when people turn down the idea of buying a g of cocaine when they hear the price, cuz its still actually cheaper than a g of meth lol

Yeah but a g of good coke will last you a night, a g of good meth will keep you going for days.

^ The answer to this question is subjective. It seems ridiculous to try and hunt down a drug just because others consider it hard to find.

This thread is not about discussing which substances certain individuals subjectively think are hard to find, it is for discussing the wider phenomenon of drugs which have not found a market in Australia despite being popular elsewhere in the world.

Last edited:
So is it even possible to get opiates as in oxy in australia without a script?
I can't believe good old speed isn't available, haven't had it for 15 years but i thought I would re live the good old days and have it again at some point if I found a safe source.

Yes, people get oxy without script from black market sources.

Yeah I stopped using meth when it mostly went to all shards in my circles. We tried a few times to get speed for festivals and raves roughly 15 years ago and gave up as all our contacts could only get ice.

Such a change from the 90's when it was all speed at all the raves and nightclubs. It was so easy to get and so relatively cheap. Some of it seemed pretty fucking strong to me as well. I miss those days.

Yeah i miss the old fashioned speed. Its all ice these days so i stick to coke for when i want a stimulant.

Why not just crush the shard and mash it into some glucose and bam - you've got the old fashioned speed.

Why not just crush the shard and mash it into some glucose and bam - you've got the old fashioned speed.
Speed was not always meth when i was younger but you do have a point. I dont actually know anyone where i live now that uses meth so its not really an option anyway.

Sure, but even back before the switch to shard, the vast majority (90% or so, iirc, although it's been a while since I read the surveys on the subject) of "speed" being sold was methamphetamine , not amphetamine sulphate (as is elaborated in the thread you linked).

As far as I know there has never been a time when a major, or even a significant, portion of the "speed" market in Australia consisted of amphetamine sulphate - I imagine all this talk about "the good old speed" is mostly just mis-remembered nostalgia (along with the very occasional person who did have a sulphate hookup, and probably a few more who were getting racemic meth and developed a preference for it over d-meth).

to shed some light on the nz side of some of the substances mentioned here. never come across pcp, even tho it was legal here up until a year or two before i moved here. i know the 2c varieties were arround earlier this year, love 2cb and been trying to get it again ever since with no luck so far. same goes for 5-meo-dipt. not seen crack cocaine but u can get hold of cocaine if u know the right people. i laugh when people turn down the idea of buying a g of cocaine when they hear the price, cuz its still actually cheaper than a g of meth lol, but people wanting cocaine arent in the meth scene so i guess it does sound like a lot to them. however, methylone (research chemical closest chemically to mdma tho imo its more speedy as opposed to lovey dovey) has taken off here and is like a quarter of the price. a lot of crap tries to get sold as mdma or ecstacy, but u can also get real mdma too. same for acid, had some shit, and had some of the real deal as recently as a few months ago. i only had access to the above things cuz of the crowd im in, pretty close to a guy who imports a lot of this stuff into the city im in. of the big drug circle i know, i only know of one opiate addict, tho i have easy access to oxymorphone at an alright price.

here in sydney i remember when crack cocaine was sold by street dealers in the cross (late 90s), afew factors i think contributed to crack never really getting hold here other than the already high price paid for cocaine was,
1. sydney was flooded with heroin and a large amount of the kings cross clientelle were injectors, those who were injecting H and naturally they preferred injecting cocaine too.
2. that period (late 90s) was just as mdma/xtc went full mainstream and for the general person they preferred to take a pill or snort cocaine.

about cocaine and being cheaper than meth, i do not agree at all. 1 gram of cocaine is about 75% cheaper than 1 gram of meth here, but 1 gram of meth would last someone over a week of straight partying whereas a gram of cocaine lasts half a night usually (maybe a full night if your taking it easy). when looking at dosages needed cocaine is heaps more expensive!

Depends in what context you base this. You are not going to find crack being sold on the streets, nor will you find RC's and the like. Everything available throughout the world is 'available' in Australia is you do some investigating. In my time I have encountered crack cocaine (one of the first 'hard drugs' I had access too), PCP and even quaaludes.

Quaaludes LOL. How good is the wolf of wall Street movie, he did some serious amounts of drugs

^I couldn't sit through that film TBH... I think I needed to be more stoned. :D

I think there is a chance that the methaquaalone was actually etaquaalone which seemed to be doing the rounds a few years ago, but I once found mandrax which is the real stuff.