Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Police warn festival-goers over drugs

Verybuffed

Bluelighter
Police warn festival-goers over drugs

Police have caught 35 people with drugs in Victoria's northeast during patrols on roads leading to a NSW arts and music festival.

The large quantity of drugs was seized on Friday during Operation Strawberry Fields, which is focused on getting drug and alcohol impaired drivers off the road.

The patrols were concentrated on Victorian roads leading to the Strawberry Fields festival in Tocumwal NSW, and will continue all weekend.

"We will be particularly concentrating on those heading home from the festival on Sunday," Acting Senior Sergeant John Higgins from Cobram police said.

Drugs seized included cannabis, amphetamines, hallucinogenic drugs and ecstasy.

The 35 people found with drugs were dealt with by way of drug diversions and cautions.

One offender was summonsed to appear at court.

Acting Sen Sgt Higgins said it was disappointing to see this amount of drugs being seized.

"It is really disturbing to see young people putting themselves at risk by taking drugs at any time, and it is particularly disturbing for us to confiscate such a large amount of drugs in such a short period," he said.

He sent a warning to those heading to and from the festival.

"We will be out in force, actively targeting those who think it's okay to put theirs and other people's lives at risk by driving with drugs or alcohol in their system," he said.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8380088/police-warn-festival-goers-over-drugs

Man that article makes me angry :!

I especially like their usage of scare mongering to distract the fact that they aren't chasing impaired drivers at all they are just nannying people who take drugs

Yes, it seems strange that they claimed it had to do with impaired drivers but everyone was let off with drug diversion and cautions apart from one person. Perhaps someone charged with distribution, or someone they actually caught driving under the influence?

It is really disturbing to see young people putting themselves at risk by taking drugs

Is it really? Has this dunce been living in a world of naivety or something; as if your presence is going to stop thousands of years of evolutionary desire to alter consciousness.

^ Exactly what I was thinking. Bullshit the fact that people use drugs would be surprising to a police officer. Silver tongued bullshit for the bias media.

fkin sucks they bust people over a lil' bit of bud at festivals, i heard that even at harvest festival people were getting caught by dogs makes my blood boil, weed and music is a combo that hurts nobody :!

Q:why are the police such reactionary thugs?
A:because drug prohibition is an industry.
their careers are justified and furthered by this 'crime'. police performance is gauged by the amount of arrests they make of "offenders".
that is why they go for the easiest possible targets - not the people engaging in activities harmful to others.
smoking pot at a music festival hurts absolutely nobody. it is like shooting fish in a barrel though.
this whole situation is a joke. i'm sick of being hassled by drunk meatheads in the street. some of these are genuinely threatening. the incidence of alcohol related violence and harm in this country is enormous.
consuming a substance that grows naturally upon the earth whilst in a safe atmosphere outdoors? that's a crime?
i know i'm preaching to the converted, but that's fucking insane.

does nobody in a position of authority realise that the harms of drug-usage are greatly increased by aggressive policing of drug-users? after that poor girl died at the perth big day out a few years ago when faced with sniffer dogs and ate her stash i thought the only logical response of police would be a solemn acknowledgement of guilt and a change of tactics; how stupid could i be?

of course these laws aren't there to protect us. it's not about decreasing the harm to people from dangerous drugs.
it's about justifying the position of everybody's job within the prohibition industry, the various political figures that stand to gain from demonising drug use, protecting the profits of big pharma and alcohol/tobacco corporations and most importantly it is about dividing us. the non drug-using population feels all is being done to protect them from marauding marijuana fiends, and the rest of us feel too intimidated to light up in a comfortable place because even though we'll only get a diversion or caution, we know the apes in blue are looking for us.

Um, at least they are warning you.

If it was your job to catch filthy drug users, wouldn't you set up shop on the road into a doof, especially something as well publicised as Strawberryfields? If they really had it in for you they would just send in the dogs at 7am Sunday morning, just as the dawn stomp was in full swing.

Seriously, 35 people in a crowd of how many? And they nearly all received a drug diversion. If that was the grand total of trippers at this event then it can't have been much of a party. I have no problems with them targeting drivers heading home either. I am shocked at the state of some punters when they leave these events and proceed to drive many hours with other people in the car. If you want to be taking seriously why wouldn't you set an example and prove to the rest of society that you aren't a bunch of irresponsible drug fiends?

^ I don't have a problem with them targeting drug affected drivers, I just thought it strange they said that was the point of their operation when all the charges mentioned related to possession and not driving under the influence.

ETA: Though it seems I read it wrong and the festival is/was on going so perhaps there will be further charges laid as they continue their presence.

Most of the time the police precence is the local copper with time on their hands. There are only so many cattle rustlers and domestic violence cases in Cobram I'm sure.

i agree that there is nothing wrong with drug-affected drivers being targeted. it's punters watching a band and not hurting anyone being hassled by cops with dogs that i have a problem with.
when you get behind the wheel, that's a different story.

Um, at least they are warning you.

If it was your job to catch filthy drug users, wouldn't you set up shop on the road into a doof, especially something as well publicised as Strawberryfields? If they really had it in for you they would just send in the dogs at 7am Sunday morning, just as the dawn stomp was in full swing.

Seriously, 35 people in a crowd of how many? And they nearly all received a drug diversion. If that was the grand total of trippers at this event then it can't have been much of a party. I have no problems with them targeting drivers heading home either. I am shocked at the state of some punters when they leave these events and proceed to drive many hours with other people in the car. If you want to be taking seriously why wouldn't you set an example and prove to the rest of society that you aren't a bunch of irresponsible drug fiends?

They clearly have it in for us to an extent otherwise they wouldn't bother turning up. Honestly how is it fine that 'only' 35 people out of a large crowd have now had their lives tipped upside down because some arrogant copper would rather get one small extra tick against their name than consider the impact their actions are having on another human being? Just because it would be easy to do the idiots job better doesn't mean its just dandy for him to continue persecuting people. If the local copper has time on his hands how about spending it trying to root out the real criminals in their community instead of taking the easy route and busting a bunch of people at a festival for using weed, acid and pills.

LOL I was at strawberry fields - fucking best event i've ever been to.

I'm doing it all again REAL soon. the beats still going.. I even dropped acid for the first time in 5 years..

+ loads of other trips and chems, 25c-NBOMe 800ug nasally is a fucking mindblow.

There was no police presence inside the venue either - everyone everywhere smoking bongs, doing bulbs, tripping, smoking meth, doing fucking anything and no one gave a shit, not security nothing.

buying nangs from the marketplace is quite handy. And oh all the MDMA... Joint was rolling

was that the first strawberry fields in vic? I know QLD has had em for along time. Sounds like it was a good event. yeah 35 people busted out of what was there between 20 and 60 thousand? i think i read sterosonic had 60,000 at sydney on he weekend and it went a bit bezerk because some people who had paid were denied entry cos the venue was full, so they were breaking in and shit.

Stereosonic article

I think the main stage d-floor was full and security had all entry to main stage blocked off. Had to go in stands or break in. I hope Brisbane doesn't get like that this weekend =/

Out of curiosity whats the likely-hood of been charged or refused entry for concealing alcohol? I never hear anything related to people smuggling in alcohol.. so im assuming they just pour it out.. and let you through.

i think i read sterosonic had 60,000 at sydney on he weekend and it went a bit bezerk because some people who had paid were denied entry cos the venue was full, so they were breaking in and shit.

That's the first time i've heard of something like that happening, to sell more tickets then the venue's capacity is really unprofessional by the organizers.

^ In my experience both working at and attending festivals, they will mostly just confiscate alcohol but if they take it seriously they may refuse you entry to the grounds.

At strawberry fields you can take in alcohol with you, and security weren't searching cars ont he way in, too many people goin in at once. Was great. such an experience.