Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: [News.com.au] 27/1/2004 : Drug buyer dobs himself in

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Drug buyer dobs himself in
By Jasmin Lill
January 27, 2004

POLICE couldn't believe their ears when a teenager turned up at their door to complain he had been ripped off by a drug dealer.

In what might constitute one of the stupidest crimes of the year, Nathan Kevin Davis, 19, of Boronia Heights, pleaded guilty to drug possession and was fined $200 in the Brisbane Magistrate's Court yesterday.

The court was told Davis turned up to the Fortitude Valley police beat office about 5.30pm on Saturday and slapped half a tablet on the counter.

He asked for the officers' professional opinion about whether the tablet was a drug, and wasn't fazed by the suspicious looks he got in return.

Davis admitted he bought the whole tablet for $35 from a man in the Valley, but seemed to be having doubts about the salesman's credentials and complained that he had already taken half the tablet without an effect.

In a case that led to stifled giggles throughout the courtroom, defence lawyer Peter Delibaltas had little to counter the police version of events.

"Obviously, the other half of the tablet had had an effect," he said.

"If he hadn't put the other half on the counter, he wouldn't be here today."

Magistrate Jim Herlihy had nothing to say to Davis before fining him $200.

No conviction was recorded.

The Courier-Mail

Article here

I'm reading it, but I still don't believe it.

you really have to wonder about some people don't you

haha come on its the Valley! doesnt surprise me one bit hahahaha......

Yes he is a dumb ass and deserves the fine as he may learn this way. I bet he was off chops and didnt realise it. Probably thought the cops would be his friend and give him a hug =D

Sometimes, I guess, it can be easy to forget that pills are illegal when all your friends treat them as pretty normal things to have around... or it can also be easy to assume that one will not be arrested or charged when "only personal possession" charge-worthy amounts are discovered on you.

I gather that under some circumstances, the police do have some leeway in charging an offender vs. confiscating contraband and letting the offender go with a warning, but in a case like this they probably had no choice but to charge him, since he admitted purchase, possession and consumption of something he thought was ecstasy at the time.

MDMA removes inhibitions... maybe he just wanted to be straight up with the police and get an honest opinion from them. After all, they don't want someone selling dodgy pills, do they? (lol) ;)

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
If there was an award for the dumbest drug pig it would definately go to this guy.

But did the police take down his complaint??

ha, ha, would've loved to have seen the cops faces!

That is crazy! Who in their right mind would walk into a police station with drugs and ask them to verify whether or not it was a drug! Definitely deserves an award for stupidity. If only he used bluelight and had a tester kit, maybe he would have $200 that was still his.

8)

LOL. That'll give the pigs one to talk about for a while...