Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Bad "speed" in the A.C.T.

Verybuffed

Bluelighter
Bad "speed" in the A.C.T.

ACT Policing is issuing a warning following the accidental drug overdose by a man yesterday (Tuesday, May 14).
A 52-year-old Florey man was located by a family member about 4am unresponsive. Around 6am the man passed away at Calvary Hospital.
The wife of the deceased was also admitted to Calvary Hospital and remains in a stable condition. She is believed to have overdosed on the same substance.
ACT Policing is investigating the death and a capsule has been seized and analysed.
Detective Superintendent Brett McCann said he is concerned there may be more capsules out there.
“It is quite possible more people in the community have these drugs in their possession and we would not like to see anyone else die from an overdose.”
“The capsule is described as red and white in colour, containing a white powder. Initial analysis reveals the capsule to be amphetamine,” said Detective Superintendent McCann.
If anyone has information about this incident, or any type of illicit drugs in Canberra, they are urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or via www.act.crimestoppers.com.au.

Source:
http://the-riotact.com/florey-overdose/104194

On Win local news tonight they showed a red and white coloured capsule that they said contained "bad speed" that was allegedly circulating in the A.C.T.

thanks for the warning especially for those ACT posters. which would probably only be yourself ;)

Far out that's intense.
ACT is such a small place too.. it would suck if there were hundreds, or thousands of these floating around..

Can you dig up any more media articles if you come across them related to this please poledriver?

Last edited:
Yeah no worries, ill have a look in a little bit.

Thanks mate.

More news:

ACT Policing has arrested a 24-year-old Macgregor man after executing a search warrant on Tuesday (May 14) where a quantity of illicit drugs was seized.
Criminal Investigation detectives executed a Drugs of Dependence Act search warrant at the man’s residence in Macgregor following investigations into the death of a 52-year-old Florey man on Tuesday morning.
The man was arrested and charged yesterday afternoon (Wednesday, May 15) with several drug offences. He will appear before the ACT Magistrates Court this morning where police will oppose bail.

Same articles that you have already posted, just thought I'd add the pic.

Police issue warning following overdose death

4692004-3x2-940x627.jpg

Sezied capsules from accidental overdose death

ACT Policing is issuing a warning following the accidental drug overdose by a man yesterday (Tuesday, May 14).

A 52-year-old Florey man was located by a family member about 4am unresponsive. Around 6am the man passed away at Calvary Hospital.

The wife of the deceased was also admitted to Calvary Hospital and remains in a stable condition. She is believed to have overdosed on the same substance.

ACT Policing is investigating the death and a capsule has been seized and analysed.

Detective Superintendent Brett McCann said he is concerned there may be more capsules out there.

“It is quite possible more people in the community have these drugs in their possession and we would not like to see anyone else die from an overdose.”

“The capsule is described as red and white in colour, containing a white powder. Initial analysis reveals the capsule to be amphetamine,” said Detective Superintendent McCann.

http://www.police.act.gov.au/media-...e-issue-warning-following-overdose-death.aspx

Last edited:
How the hell did he overdose on amphetamine? Ate 10 caps? Heart condition?

I wondered the same thing, it's not very common at all for people to OD and die off amphetamine is it? Unless the initial tests they have done indicate amphetamine and there is maybe other types of drugs in them as well? Drugs that aren't so common and havent come up in their testing? idk.

I wondered the same thing, it's not very common at all for people to OD and die off amphetamine is it? Unless the initial tests they have done indicate amphetamine and there is maybe other types of drugs in them as well? Drugs that aren't so common and havent come up in their testing?

My guess is their initial tests are just a quick Mandelin test which still leaves them pretty much in the dark about what the actual contents are.

Thanks for the heads-up VB.

My guess is their initial tests are just a quick Mandelin test which still leaves them pretty much in the dark about what the actual contents are.

Thanks for the heads-up VB.

I'd say that with the Hospital mentioned and the fact they have the best Toxicologist in Australia IMO working there that there would have been more testing than that performed. We can only hope anyway :)

The article didn't mention tox results. I'm hoping they come out with better answers, however, we never hear the results and it's difficult for the public to get hold of such info.

The article didn't mention tox results. I'm hoping they come out with better answers, however, we never hear the results and it's difficult for the public to get hold of such info.

I'd say we won't hear any more about the Toxicology results in the mass media since they arrested the alleged dealer today. Police opposed bail when he faced court this morning.

All drugs are bad thread closed.

Especially in QLD after the recent law change on May 1.

Technically Chocolate, Echinacea, Coffee, Alcohol and pretty much everything else falls under the new legislation.

Especially in QLD after the recent law change on May 1.

Technically Chocolate, Echinacea, Coffee, Alcohol and pretty much everything else falls under the new legislation.

Sorry to go off topic by which new drug laws? I live up in qld and haven't heard about any.
Can you possibly shoot us a link? This sucks to hear considering NSW has or is changing their drug laws referring to medical cannabis. Damn.

Sorry to go off topic by which new drug laws? I live up in qld and haven't heard about any.
Can you possibly shoot us a link? This sucks to hear considering NSW has or is changing their drug laws referring to medical cannabis. Damn.

I would but we are not allowed post links here. Once I can work out how to post it I'll do it for you.

Alternatively go to the other forum and have a read.

Last edited: