• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Bad "speed" in the A.C.T.

This sucks to hear considering NSW has or is changing their drug laws referring to medical cannabis.

A NSW parliamentary committee has recommended the medical use of cannabis for people with terminal illness and AIDS.

If adopted by the government, the measure will allow patients to use up to 15 grams of dry cannabis or its equivalent in cannabis products.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cannabis-...ps-approval-20130515-2jlur.html#ixzz2TVrpZ8RM

It's a pretty shitty idea really imo, since in NSW 15 grams of pot falls under the cannabis caution system anyway, and people who would be 'allowed' the 15 grams or under (the terminally ill) would still have to source the cannabis illegally. If I was dying I wouldn't care too much about getting cannabis cautions anyway, so what's the difference? May as well make it fully legal for them to have as much as they like or can grow like upto 10 plants or something. How many edibles can you make with 15 grams? Jack shit.

The concept hasn't passed and is only being 'considered' so far anyway. At least they are talking about it I guess. My guess would be they wont allow this to happen and will instead make it legal for the terminally ill to use sativex or whatever that nasal spray is called which is made by a pharmaceutical company and can't be used to get high (and has had some very mixed reviews from what I've read about it).

Here's a thread on the topic in DiTM -

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/676535-(AUS)-NSW-Considers-Cannabis-for-Terminally-Ill

Sorry for the off-topicness.

I'd also be intrested to find out what was actually in the caps as has been previously stated it's very rare for fatal O.D's on amphets alone unless there is some underlying cardiac ilness or sumtin?

I would but we are not allowed post links here. Once I can work out how to post it I'll do it for you.

This isn't a rule. You're allowed to post links, just not to sites selling anything, or to 'advertise', such as a link to your own blog.

This isn't a rule. You're allowed to post links, just not to sites selling anything, or to 'advertise', such as a link to your own blog.

I have no idea what is allowed and what isn't anymore around here with the recent rule change concerning the posting of links. Can we please get some clarification as to what the new rule change allows?

This link which is allowed under the rule change http://marijuanaaustraliana.com/ links to individuals Facebook profiles. I just wanted to link to some important changes in Legislation.

There hasn't been any recent change of rules. The bit at the top is confusing, I admit, but it means no links to sources for drugs or paraphenalia. The bits of the top haven't been changed for ages - it's something we need to get on to. Allowing links to legislation, pages of information such as drug studies, news articles and things like wikipedia is something that has been happening for years, it is nothing new.

There hasn't been any recent change of rules. The bit at the top is confusing, I admit, but it means no links to sources for drugs or paraphenalia. The bits of the top haven't been changed for ages - it's something we need to get on to. Allowing links to legislation, pages of information such as drug studies, news articles and things like wikipedia is something that has been happening for years, it is nothing new.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you trying to clear this up.

How about the people whose Facebook accounts are linked to the http://marijuanaaustraliana.com/ website? They are being directly linked to Bluelight. Do we allow this now?

Personally, I wouldn't consider those profiles being directly linked to Bluelight. As far as I'm aware, the link is from Bluelight to the doco (rather than the other way around), and the direct link is to the documentary, not to anyone's specific profile. Anyone who goes onto that page to watch the doco will see those profiles, so I don't see them being directly linked to Bluelight any more than they're directly linked to any other site, blog or article that has a link to that documentary. Those facebook accounts are people who have 'liked' the documentary, and I feel like by 'liking' it they made the choice to publicly associate their profiles with the documentary, whatever that entailed.

In the past we have had links to facebook pages too, such as the students for sensible policy group page. I don't think there's anything wrong with facebook as such, as long as what we're linking to has some relevance to what we're doing here, isn't simple self promotion and isn't linking to a profile without someone's consent.

Personally, I wouldn't consider those profiles being directly linked to Bluelight. As far as I'm aware, the link is from Bluelight to the doco (rather than the other way around), and the direct link is to the documentary, not to anyone's specific profile. Anyone who goes onto that page to watch the doco will see those profiles, so I don't see them being directly linked to Bluelight any more than they're directly linked to any other site, blog or article that has a link to that documentary. Those facebook accounts are people who have 'liked' the documentary, and I feel like by 'liking' it they made the choice to publicly associate their profiles with the documentary, whatever that entailed.

In the past we have had links to facebook pages too, such as the students for sensible policy group page. I don't think there's anything wrong with facebook as such, as long as what we're linking to has some relevance to what we're doing here, isn't simple self promotion and isn't linking to a profile without someone's consent.

I feel the same about the Facebook profiles, they made the choice and can live with it. People don't realise what they are signing up for with Facebook these days. Thanks for clearing that up.

There's a report on PillReports about a lot of bad caps containing PMA going around in NSW, maybe this could be related?

Stay safe and test everything you can <3