• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 4-methylmethcathinone in Cairns

I hope they catch the guys that are making these! I hate it when people but shit and cut shit just so they can profit... They need to be taken out the back and shot until they look like swiss cheese!

Absolutely unbelievable.

I agree with everything P_D has said.

Assuming the test results released earlier this year were correct, then I know scores of people that have consumed 4-methylmethcathinone on countless occasions with absolutely no problems at all.

Is this drug harmless? Of course not. Does it have a high risk of causing multiple organ failure? Hardly.

Not sure about ethylcathinone, but one would expect it is only a mild stimulant with minimal serotonergic effects, unlike 4-methylmethcathinone, which imo undoubtedly has some effect on the serotonin system.

While I haven't yet received any solid confirmation i.e. lab reports, It's been mentioned in the past that the LU doves contained ethylcathinone and 4-methylmethcathinone.

Neodoves were able to be purchased in bulk powder form, so it's quite possible that this combo has also been available in powder form.

johnnyonelove said:
on a side note, mephedrone has been linked to a death in denmark, though it seems to be far from confirmed whether mephedrone was indeed the cause.. check this thread for discussion:
http://www.drugs-forum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=427528#post427528

yeah think it was more related to something else he took:

from another forum
"The news report someone linked to that mentioned both ethylcat, 4 methylmethcat and 4 mta said he died of hyperthermia, etc, symptons exactly like serotonin syndrome, given that 4 MTA by itself will cause SS in high enough doses, it's safe to make a decent assumption here."

Interestingly 4 MTA, the same thing the stupid journilist in the cairns article mistook mephedrone as.
ftr, mephedrone is often abreviated to 4-MMC i believe

Police warn of potentially fatal 'fake ecstasy'
Posted Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:49pm AEST
Updated Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:16pm AEST

(snip)

"The actual drugs are Ethylcathinone and 4-Methylmethcathinone, which are drugs obviously that probably don't mean much to people on the street but when you look them up on the internet you can actually see that they are potentially a fatal drug and they cause the vital organs to malfunction," he said.
---------
A Cairns regional councillor says it is a reminder for parents to educate their children about drugs.

Councillor Dinne Forsyth, who has spent several years helping drug addicts rehabilitate, says she is concerned to hear about the pills.

"It is about communication - parents talking to their kids about drugs, about what's out there," she said.

"Not in terms of a lecture to them, but as a conversation - asking them what it is they they think is happening, that's out there, checking out with your kids, have they been offered drugs and how do they know to be able to stay away from them."

notice how much better the advise is from the councilor compared to the police?

this stuff looks like puss! proper methcathinone would be unable to tell the difference between that and methamphet... they both will crystalize into clear shards. and methcat will burn clear into nothing and leave nothing in your pipe providing you didnt let a monkey cook it. this is just puss. and who the fuck are the jacks when they cant even get this shit right. to protect and serve my ass. dont even know what the hell is going on the silly cunts. shocking reporting too. makes me wanna spew this whole saga

I've seen these around Melbourne, and from what I heard heard reported, they are referred to as Khat Extract. Also, I believe it is quite likely that they either come into Cairns and to Melbourne.

"Khat contains the alkaloid called cathinone, an amphetamine-like stimulant which causes excitement, loss of appetite[1], and euphoria. In 1980 the World Health Organization classified khat as a drug of abuse that can produce mild to moderate psychological dependence, and the plant has been targeted by anti-drug organizations like the DEA.[2] It is a controlled/illegal substance in many countries."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khat

If anyone knows whether the synthesis path from cathinone to methcathinone is viable it would be great to know. I couldn't find a synthesis route after doing a quick search.

thats one of the reasons that the 'Khat' catha edulis plant has now been scheduled across australia with only a few states keeping it legal.

with ephedra containing plants now scheduled it might not be all that surprising that the next ATS amphetamine type stimulant is one that has been used in cultures for many years.....

entheofarm said:
what a dumb comment. Do you carry your test kit with you when you score dodgy stuff from a nightclub? 50% of what people think is mdma is not and you slag off on something you know nothing about! Is it pure? more than likely this is 99% 4-methylmethcathinone. There is 200mg per cap and SWIM has taken 1g over a night with no negative effects and no comedown. SWIM had hoped that with some research this could have been the long awaited legal alternative. Now that people have been trying to pass it off as something illegal we will all miss out. 4-methylmethcathinone itself is not illegal in Qld but it will fall under the new analogue laws which came into effect in March.

(SNIP)

Could someone enlighten me as to wether this is what is referred to as a pro-drug?

Names this is known as (NOT SUPPLIERS) Mods edit if need be
mephedrone
cat
Mcat
Meaow?
Neos, neo doves, sub coca dragons, etc etc

umm no if it was 99% 4MMC it would be white, not brown.
the stuff they found is a mixture most likely straight from neo doves or LU's.
scd's don't contain this compound.
No, these are not pro-drugs. i believe pro-drugs are drugs that are slow release so that they don't have the same addiction potential and as harmfull properites when taken in quick large doses. not sure on this though.

i had been taking these drugs with my friends as 17-18 year olds recreationally from the beginning of the year in cairns, of course thinking they were MDMA BASED at least. they tend to be cheaper (x) and easier to come by in cairns, and noone has seen any adverse effects as yet, with quite a few of us taking two at once or over the course of the night. (me being a 45kg girl!) and we've had no difficulties, once i felt extreme dizziness and maybe what fdelt like being on speed (not that i am 100% sure what it feels like). i would be very interested to find out any info or stories anyone has, but yeah, i know a fair few people between 17-35 eating these 'killer drugs' and have not heard of any fatalities or even overdose??????

also what it is called... street/common names would be great. and any info regarding other 'caps' or what is being sold as mdma capsules in cairns... do these even exist?

jessa

oh and i am posting here for the good of my friends and our safety, as a community such as this i would be very disappointed if instead of helping a teenage girl make safer decisions the replies became about my age, ive dealt with it before im here for answers.

[EDIT: Prices removed. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
princess.jessa said:
i had been taking these drugs with my friends as 17-18 year olds recreationally from the beginning of the year in cairns, of course thinking they were MDMA BASED at least. they tend to be cheaper ($25-30 for kids our age in cairns as opposed to 35+ for ecstasy pills.) and easier to come by in cairns, and noone has seen any adverse effects as yet, with quite a few of us taking two at once or over the course of the night. (me being a 45kg girl!) and we've had no difficulties, once i felt extreme dizziness and maybe what fdelt like being on speed (not that i am 100% sure what it feels like). i would be very interested to find out any info or stories anyone has, but yeah, i know a fair few people between 17-35 eating these 'killer drugs' and have not heard of any fatalities or even overdose??????

also what it is called... street/common names would be great. and any info regarding other 'caps' or what is being sold as mdma capsules in cairns... do these even exist?

jessa

oh and i am posting here for the good of my friends and our safety, as a community such as this i would be very disappointed if instead of helping a teenage girl make safer decisions the replies became about my age, ive dealt with it before im here for answers.

you'll find that none of the news articles mention the drug being illegal. that being the case, it is very irresponsible to basically advertise this drug in the media without any kind of warning saying not to take them. i believe this is why they say the drug is deadly and causes vital organs to malfunction or whatever. selling these things and pretending they are xtc however i would presume is very illegal. bascially, do NOT buy these. not only are you getting ripped off, you are supporting the business of some very sketchy irresponsible people, and taking a drug you didn't realise you were taking.
oh and the drug is dangerous to some extent, and i have even read reports of this drug possibly breaking down into a legitamately dangerous compound resulting in very adverse reactions. (can't remember specifically the details of this)

entheofarm said:
I stand corrected, I have also learnt that edit makes it brown on purpose I can not give further details on this. It also contains other active compounds which edit is not divulging. Creatine is also mixed with this. Bluelight have run tests on the Neos. Mods can you add that thread here?

What is active in SCD and Lift?

Princess Jessa did you join just to ask that question?
I am sure with some DETECTIVE work you could find the answers you seek
no idea about scd and lift.
and im 50% sure princess jessa IS doing detective work, if you know what i mean ;) (perhaps that's what you were suggesting also :p)

that is so stupid!, i just wanted to know what i was geting myself into, thanks to the ppl who relpied in seriousness, thank you.

Mr TIMO said:
No, these are not pro-drugs. i believe pro-drugs are drugs that are slow release so that they don't have the same addiction potential and as harmfull properites when taken in quick large doses. not sure on this though.

A pro-drug is a substance which is inactive by itself but in vivo is turned into another, active substance (e.g. codeine which converts to morphine, or 1,4b which converts into GHB). They can be just as harmful as any other drug.

just another point, its sad when someone cant come here to find out some things she wouldnt know any other way of figuring out to be accused of shit like that....

lameee

and anyway, if what i was asking wa ssomething you wouldnt like to answer, you dont HAVE ot answer, im just curious is all