• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: 20.08.09 - 'Hillbilly heroin' black market booming

What a useless scaremongering article. Most of the people doing oxy are doing it instead of heroin, the market isn't "booming" like in America where kids start doing oxy and eventually end up on smack because its cheaper. It is just junkies saving some money and using a quality controlled product.

I fucking hate the term 'Hillbilly Heroin' and I bet nobody outside the media uses this term, they seriously have so many ridiculous slang names.

I don't know man, a family friend had shingles not long ago and was getting scripts for oxy, obviously they needed it for the pain but when it was all cleared up and they didn't really need it anymore the Doc, without hesitation, wrote them a script for 60 more oxys, then told them if you don't end up taking them just go down to your local pub and get rid of them.

You would be surprised how many of the things are floating around this country.

haha I stand corrected. %)

drug_mentor said:
It is just junkies saving some money and using a quality controlled product.

^^ quality & dose control has to be one of the biggest attractions right? In that regard I'd say it is safer than street heroin, not just claimed so by illicit users as the article suggests.

Jesus Christ don't journalists have better shit to write about? Pretty sure this isn't breaking news to anyone. Get a fucking life already.

nothing new here at all..just the same ol' bullshit repeated. sure feel like some oxy though..thanks Cannane

I sure could go for some lover's speed and maybe a bit of hillbilly heroin on the side for good measure.

Yeah then we can top it off with some 'businessmans LSD' and 'poor mans cocaine' just for good measure!

i really hate how they call oxy's hilllbilly herion, nothing cheap, sketchy aout it. its like hey government, cheers for the nice Pure, perfectly pressed, pills of a clean high quality nature.

and i mean pure as in apart from binder, you know that its gonna be some top grade medical shiiite, instead of hey lets buy a bag of white.brown powder and smash it in my vien

the term hillbilly heroin comes from the related buzz to heroin and the fact that there is hardly any in West Virginia...Which is where Oxycontin was dropped first in america. We have a very small supply of heroin coming mostly from pittsburgh PA or from cleveland OH...Therefore it was nicknamed Hillbilly Heroin cause it was our form of and next best thing to heroin...

Theres a saying here that shaking a bottle of oxys is a west virginia mating call...I'm from clarksburg, a relatively big city compared to most of rural WV and sits on the middle of Highway 50 (east to west) and Interstate 79 (north to south) which makes for a hell of an illicit drug area...We have guys bringing shit from other states here and making a fucking killing off of us..pathetic really..

Funny how quickly this thread has. Every one see's the title and thinks "Oxy's! Where?" hahaha

I sure could go for some lover's speed and maybe a bit of hillbilly heroin on the side for good measure.

LOL. Lover's speed=D?!?!?! What's that? Is it a poorly contrived nickname for MDMA? A bit like fantasy Grievious Bodily Harm8)

I think 'lovers speed' came from one of the 'drug free world' pamphlets about ecstasy someone posted a few weeks back.

Where is all this so called oxy coming from, I want some.

Ive tried to score a number of times and everyone seems to be out wtf!

Its easier to get H than Oxys lol

Or atleast in my circle of friends

i live in southern WV, 5 miles from the VA state line and its nearly wiped out everything here. time magazine did a story about the oxy here and it made the front page callin my hometown the oxy capitol of the world. people call it hillbilly heroin because it's real big in the southern part of america. i was payin 30 for 40's and 65 for 80's but most all the real bad addicts here pay 40 and 80.its crazy here x$ a milligram lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always found oxy very difficult to get a hold of (in Melbourne), which is a shame since I love it. Course, it's all about who you know.

i think putting this article in context is a useful way of starting the discussion, opiod use is still relatively small here in australia. I am familiar with the local opiate scene in canberra. I have noticed a change in the opiate market where people are deliberately accessing S8 like axy and cooking it up into homebake herion.

there is always going to be a market for regulated strength opiates as the street substances quality varies so much. Many of the people i have met that use herion and have a dependance are very clued into ho to obtain these drugs. Its nothing new but there has been a small but noticable increase in the number of people coming onto maintenance therapies because of opiate like substances.

i too would like some oxy! tried it a couple times recently, loved it.

wisdom teeth are hurting like crazy, think its time to go get them pulled out and pray they prescribe me some =D

i too would like some oxy! tried it a couple times recently, loved it.

wisdom teeth are hurting like crazy, think its time to go get them pulled out and pray they prescribe me some =D

My wisdom teeth are playin up at the moment too for the 4th time. Went to the doc and they didnt prescribe me any painkillers at all for it. I told him i take 6 nurofens at once and still doesnt take the pain away. Ok well i was exagarating a bit lol but they would never prescribe it for things like that. Its even hard to get prescribed 5mg endones.

i call BS on the chick managing to get all those scripts for oxy. doctors are too wary and scared to let that kinda thing through.

I was in hospital the other day visiting a friend who had just given birth to a beautiful boy when i overhead the nurse chattin to the patient beside her about what pain releif she had be prescribed.
it was oxy and when the gave it to her they had to watch her take it. The girl had a 60 hr labor etc so i would have say she was in a bit of pain , my friend said the oxy knocked her out cold for a good 8hr+ .

Last edited: