• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Newcastle thread v.2 - Hello Novocastrians!

Any Novocastrians headin out tonite? I will be, but trying to decide where to go...

Is this thread even still open?? are there still novocastrians on the boad??

I have just moved into the area and looking to meet some new faces!

Ahoy hoy! I didn't even know we had a Newcastle thread - haha

hahaha awesome! I was able to find someone else here from Newy! so what sorta stuff do people get up to here?? I would pm you but im still a greenlighter :(

Hey we recently moved up to the central Coast and could someone point me in the direction of a decent club that doesn't require a 1.5hr train ride to Sydney. Not that I don't mind the trip there, catching the train home with the beginnings of a hangover from hell isn't much fun.

hahaha good luck!...newcastle is notoriously shit...and central coast isnt much better. King street hotel in newcastle is meant to be ok?

well well, a newy page.
i havent been to newy , or lived there for 9 years or so.
man, we had crackin parties at the warehouse--s&w warehouse.
and the electrofringe parties were awesome too.
plus, there was always a small crew doin outdoor doofs, in the wattagans, up towards nlesons, stockton, on the island, at the skatepark.
what aboutr mark n, and the narsenblauten nights.

so when did the lucky close.
we had a night called smokescreen 15 years ago. every friday night.

fuck me, the clubs have always been shithouse, you need to find where the good djs are playin on anyweekend.

is patsans still open. george could point ya towards a good night.
the cambridge used to be a good venue for monthly parties.

anyways, good to see a newy page.
maybe if ya remember any of what i am on about, then we just may know each other.

Hey we recently moved up to the central Coast and could someone point me in the direction of a decent club that doesn't require a 1.5hr train ride to Sydney. Not that I don't mind the trip there, catching the train home with the beginnings of a hangover from hell isn't much fun.

As someone who lived on the Central Coast for 25 years I'd have to say sorry, but you're shit out of luck.

psynapsyrfa: The Lucky closed the year before last I think. They got screwed because the council wants to gentrify that particular block. There's going to be a wanky cocktail/wine bar in its place eventually. That makes me sick. It was not the owners personal intention to shut down, they were forced out.

Council approves Lucky Country Hotel demolition

Posted Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:01pm AEDT

Newcastle council has unanimously approved the demolition of the former Lucky Country Hotel in Hunter Street and the redevelopment of the site.

The current building will be replaced by a four-storey hotel comprising 50 accommodation rooms, a restaurant, bars, open courtyard and gaming area.

The historic facade will be retained and incorporated into the $6 million redevelopment.

Newcastle Lord Mayor John Tate says he is pleased to see the developer investing in the inner-city, despite the economic climate.

"That part of Hunter Street has a great opportunity in terms of its proximity to the development of the mall and also as a transition to the civic centre. To see these sorts of things coming forward in tough economic times is very good to see," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/02/18/2494856.htm

Police close Lucky Country early

BY MARTIN DINNEEN

30 Oct, 2008 09:54 PM

NEWCASTLE'S iconic Lucky Country Hotel has been closed early by police who feared a weekend closing party could quite literally be a riot.

Manager of the popular inner-city music venue Sandi Stocks was served with a local court order yesterday morning to close the hotel from noon yesterday until 5pm on Monday.

The alternative watering hole was due to host Halloween-themed concerts tonight and tomorrow night to mark its last weekend of trading.

Inspector Brad Taylor from Newcastle City police command said police and the Office of Liquor and Gaming made the application to the court over fears the send-off would get out of control.

"We had concerns about some of the activities they had planned for the weekend and so did shopkeepers in the area," Inspector Taylor said.

"There was some talk that some of the activities planned for the closing down party were undesirable."

Ms Stocks said the move would only anger loyal patrons who had planned to bid their favourite venue goodbye over the coming two nights.

"I'm scared now because so many people were looking forward to it," she said.

Ms Stocks said she had taken special precautions to ensure patron safety on the final two nights of trade, tripling security staff and hiring metal detectors to scan people as they entered.

"I am now stuck trying to recoup losses," she said.

"No one warned us."

Staff at the hotel said they believed the police had acted because some posts on a Facebook group site called "The Lucky Country Hotel was my 2nd home from 1995-2002" mentioned rioting at the closing party.

"You ruined it for everyone who wanted to go back for one last time and celebrate the friendships they formed and the good times they had at our local," another post on the site says.

The infamous 1979 Star Hotel riot took place on that Newcastle venue's final night of trade when 4000 patrons turned on police after they moved in to shut the premises.
Print

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/general/police-close-lucky-country-early/1348061.aspx

"Through a combination of the new restrictions and redevelopment plans in Newcastle’s CBD, one pub, The Lucky Country, has recently disconnected the kegs and closed its doors. A place that became a favourite of many for its $2 alcoholic shots (banished with the alcohol restrictions) and its huge support for local alternative bands, restrictions made it difficult for the pub to survive. In the end, the owners gave into the pressure from redevelopment companies, and the pub will one day in the coming months reopen as a boutique wine bar with hotel accommodation. Not only will the local alternative and rock bands suffer, but many have also lost their other “home”. In its final days of trade, the cracked face of the pub looked far from inviting, but the popular haunt transcended beyond looks. Many cite the pub as a place where you could be yourself and still feel welcome; that it was a place that had real character and uniqueness. It didn’t try to copy others; it promoted individuality and originality, in its patrons, its bands and its staff."

From: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/Resourc...ocial Science/Humanity/Bower NewMac Final.pdf

Last edited:
im sorry im gonna sound like a real twat...but what is bush-doof??

467535149_f2ccce807a.jpg

Think Psytrance, Camping, staying up all night dancing and getting wasted in the middle of nowhere :)

ahhhh ok I think I've been to something really similar to this before with some friends and had no idea what was going on (before I got into stuff...back in early highschool)...it all makes muuuch more sense now. One of these days i'm really going to have to try LSD to get into what these guys get into...they all look so happy hahaha

Bush-doofs are amazing. They have an energy like no other party you've been too, and with good decor, good people, good beats and if you must; good drugs then you're in for a mind blowing weekend

it can get very spiritual, out there with ol' mother nature

Now there's something I haven't watched in a while. Seeing as I have both seasons on DVD, it's rainy and cold outside, and I'm hungover as hell...

you've inspired me to whip out my young one dvds as well! haha

"first we sow the seed...nature grows the seed....and then we eat the seed"