• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

New Study Finds That Rap Music Drives You To Drink and Do Drugs

This is research? Haha:\

They surveyed a community college... maybe their results are from that. I imagine the students are not the most blessed socially/economically. We already know that social and economic factors relate to alcohol/drug use.

And about hip-hop. Depending on where you live, almost all younger people will listen to hip-hop. Where did they survey? If they surveyed in the Bay Area, most of the students will say they prefer hip-hop. How do you learn anything from this? So stupid.

yes and video games make you kill cops.... this is fucking stupid
The only thing that ever made me want to kill a cop, was when i got arrested and fined for a victimless crime.
- Dealer gives me drugs - i give dealer money - i eat drugs - Everyone happy -

How can there be crime where no one violates anyone elses... whatever they call those things we're all supposed to have.

DRUGS made me realise that i liked electronic music, (when i used to be an Alt Rock snob) not the otherway around.

When will they stop using words like 'rampant' and 'epidemic'? someday, they'll have to admit defeat and apply a nice word like "majority" after we ask "Democracy?"

i started to develope a keen interest in weed after listening to cypress hill and dre/snoop non stop at 13-14..and people at my school who listened to 2pac went around thinking they were ganster and starting fights..
people get caught up in music

Saying rap music causes people to do drugs is just like saying country music causes men to beat their wives, and everyone knows these can both be proven through wonderful studies such as this!

(Disclaimer - Please note an extreme sense of sarcasm!)

They've been saying this kind of stuff about every type of music that has come out since the 50's.

If your gonna get hammered at least enjoy the music.