PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

New respect for mushrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailor bugg

Bluelighter
Last night I decided to trip on some home grown fresh mushrooms. I didn't think I was doing too much as I dosed 5 grams dry equivalent of wet B+ mushrooms. I had probably one of the most intense trips I have ever had, even more so than the time I did 100mg of 2ce or 35 hits of LSD. The intensity of the trip just kept getting higher and higher as time went on. I dosed at 7:30pm and by 11:30pm the trip was still getting stronger. Everything was warping and melting and I was very disorientated. Luckily for me I had a bottle of chloral hydrate which I took 4000mg in an attempt to at least curb the edge of it. If I learned anything from the experience it's that home grown mushrooms are incredibly more potent than what you can get off the street. After this experience I have a new found respect for my mushrooms and will never take a dose like that before. This is just a warning to those of you who grow your own mushrooms. If you grow them well they'll knock you on your ass even at a normal dose.

Looks like like going to be stick to growing poppies and getting opium.

Imagine taking 10 grams of expertly grown mushrooms... I think that Terence McKenna did that sometimes.

The most I took was a refrigerated home grown harvest of 47g fresh PF strain + 1,5g dry bought (unknown strain but with a pretty blue tone). That would be equivalent to 6,2 dry?
Anyway, very intense trip but not much more than my usual shroom trips at the time. The duration was much longer and the trip kept coming in waves as it does to me with shrooms. But I kept getting more waves and it got very tiresome even just one hour after first peaking. I wanted it to be over because it felt very tiring and I'm not used to that much serotonin or chemical analogues of it floating around my system.
I got very intense 2D visual patterns followed by 2D sceneries becoming full blown 3D images with no horizon: they stretched forever making objects nearer have no sense of distance between themselves which of course doesn't make sense in the real world but your visual cortex gets basically FUCKED.
I must have done some deep soul searching but I can't remember any of it.
I'll repeat the experience with a similar dose someday but won't jump into those doses like a kamikaze.
I've had much more numerous and significant experiences with lower doses. If I had the discipline to do around 2g or an 1/8 at most every 2-3 months I could really get back into this whole scene.

Cubensis are about half and half psiocybin and psilocin. Psilocin oxidizes during drying so theoretically fresh shrooms would be up to twice as potent as dried ones, not including the water weight. Liberty Caps are almost all psilocybin so it would make little difference wet or dry.

my dog had about the same amount of his home grown mushies 3 days ago and also had a very powerful trip. he felt a more spiritual contection during the trip when he grows them, but maybe that's just him. He also finds alcohol as a good way to take the edge off a trip and making it more enjoyable

I ended up taking about 2000mg of chloral hydrate to dull the experience, so glad I had it.

Are you quitting growing shrooms already bugg?!

Difficult to grow enough poppies - you need a few acres of space.

Opium is hard to put down once you start not saying you shouldn't grow some poppies just keep that in mind

Hi everyone, anyone know how quickly a tolerance comes on? Like would there be a noticeable tolerance if you took more 5 hours after coming down?
Thank you

Oh no I'm still going to continue my mushroom hobby, but I don't know if I'll ever take them again. I might just grow them for fun and then just dry them and keep them just to have, not to do or sell or anything, just to have. That last experience has really put me off doing psychedelics for a long long time.

As for growing poppies I'm not growing them for the opium as I don't think a fee plants would yield anywhere near enough for getting a good dose from. I'm just growing them mainly because I like poppies and my mom wanted some for her garden. I highly doubt I'm going to bother getting the opium out of them. These are purely for the interest of hydroponics and learning how to grow using that technique.

My gp scripted me 1000mg of chloral hydrate a day. She asked me what I wanted as a sleep aid and it was either that or temazepam and she's a bit iffy about scripting benzos. So I told her chloral hydrate is the only sleeping med that works for me for a good period of time without having to up the dose so she scripted me a months worth.

Oh yes I'm aware I mentioned I was going to be getting opium from the poppies I'll be growing but since then I've changed my mind. That mushroom experience has really put me off drugs and Yea I decided I'm just going to be growing the poppies to plant in my garden. Really I'll only be growing no more than 3 or 4 and the amount of opium I'd get from them would probably be no more than 100-200mg. Not worth breaking the law for such a little amount. My friend keeps trying to convince me to grow weed so he can buy it off me. He's so annoying I told him that's really illegal and the plants will make my whole house reek but he keeps insisting.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend keeps trying to convince me to grow weed so he can buy it off me. He's so annoying I told him that's really illegal and the plants will make my whole house reek but he keeps insisting.

True, it would make your house reek, but it's no more illegal than, ah mushrooms :)

Tom

True, it would make your house reek, but it's no more illegal than, ah mushrooms :)

Tom

Very true but if I'm going to be doing something bad at least I want to keep it as non obvious as possible. I don't think reeking up my apartment with the smell of weed is easier to hide away as a Tupperware with some mushrooms. It was just annoying how he kept like pressuring me and all the ideas he was coming up with like venting the smell out of the apartment with fans and ducts. The worst part was he was telling me all this when I was coming up on those mushrooms and he wouldn't stop suggesting it. When he finally left he was telling me about how he can get around town really quickly on his bike and he started asking me for my old boss' contact info because he would make a really good worker. This was all well I was coming up really hard and starting to realize that this trip is going to be really powerful. I even went in my room and said I was really tired and was going to just go to bed and he was like oh I'll just hangout here for a while in your living room. He kept talking about really weird stuff and was really annoying me. I was so relieved when he finally decided to go.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just still annoyed by it.

Why? Do you think you're going to grow enough poppies to supply you with opium in your bedroom?

10 - 15 plants in the front yard are fine. It just bothers me to hear (You need 4000 Percoset to go camping for the weekend) I guess you were simply being sarcastic in saying acres.

For the question on tolerance to shrooms... from Fidel,
You never build a tolerance physically. The active compounds always active, and the rectors are always present.
I have friends that have been low dosing cubes for 7-8 years. Approx. 1.5gr per day. Occasionally we will up the ante to 5-6 gr fresh, and enjoy the trip just as much as a first time user.

It's all in the reasons you use them, and what you are looking for as a result. Most "drug" people are let down, and chase higher highs their entire life. These are not the people you want advice from. Use a drug/compound as it was designed, and you will get the intended result. It's that simple.

Short answer is there is no tolerance build up in Cubes. There is a lack of the understanding of reality in some users that leads to disappointment.

Last edited:
don't abandon psychedelics because of the single rough landing. so, walk it off. if I have an overdose type of experience I usually consume 25-50% of the original dose about 5 days later. i think that this improves my integration of the previous experience. experiences vary lots. perhaps the mushrooms didn't cause the bad reaction and the bad reaction was caused by social stress.

growing legal hydroponic stuff is very entertaining. you should visit a botanical garden or a university greenhouse. they'll have lots of diverse and exotic species. the curators usually make recommendations and give clones free if you are a nice person. if you want to grow indoors (even legal things) consider electricity usage and the heat signature of your lights. cops subpena electric bills and use F.L.R.. pay cash at the grow store, avoid driving there in you/your families car, and don't go straight home after leaving.

don't abandon psychedelics because of the single rough landing. so, walk it off. if I have an overdose type of experience I usually consume 25-50% of the original dose about 5 days later. i think that this improves my integration of the previous experience. experiences vary lots. perhaps the mushrooms didn't cause the bad reaction and the bad reaction was caused by social stress.

growing legal hydroponic stuff is very entertaining. you should visit a botanical garden or a university greenhouse. they'll have lots of diverse and exotic species. the curators usually make recommendations and give clones free if you are a nice person. if you want to grow indoors (even legal things) consider electricity usage and the heat signature of your lights. cops subpena electric bills and use F.L.R.. pay cash at the grow store, avoid driving there in you/your families car, and don't go straight home after leaving.

I think part of the experience being not good was having no tolerance as I hadn't don't psychedelics in weeks and doing a larger dose than normal. Not that I thought the amount I did was very big, but I suppose home grown stuff is a lot more potent. The bad reaction wasn't mental or anything it was purely visual, I was way to overstimulated visually and they were way to powerful. I wasn't mentally in such a bad place, I was just visually way to overstimulated. Although mentally I was getting a bit dysphoric as I was feeling way to high and visually overwhelmed.

As for hydroponic growing, I have two sets of LED lights, a 300w panel and a 60w panel, so it's not like I'll be using a 1000w MH light or anything. Plus they don't give off much heat.

Don't forget your tinfoil hat. Make sure you wear it inside the grow store
This made me laugh so hard hahah.

But really, you can order some smaller grow supplies online, and if we're just talking mushrooms it's not a big deal for electricity. Maybe if he grew weed lol. But he seems pretty dead set against that.

Status
Not open for further replies.