• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids NEED HELP QUITTING METHADONE ASAP!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME

Hey good morning. I'm not sure how long it will take to get your sub script. This is your first appt. this morning so there will be paperwork and evaluations. Hopefully you can dose today. Kratom not helping anymore, huh? Just tell the Doctor what you have been feeling like and he will know what's best ( I hope so anyway).

Let me know how it went.
Aye just got back from clean slate a little bit ago great news they prescribed me Suboxone and Trazodone just picked it up a minute ago and I am in counseling for anxiety and depression now and they said they will have me off completely in 9-12 months depending on how fast I’m comfortable with ima go faster tho but yea so l keep you updated

Aye just got back from clean slate a little bit ago great news they prescribed me Suboxone and Trazodone just picked it up a minute ago and I am in counseling for anxiety and depression now and they said they will have me off completely in 9-12 months depending on how fast I’m comfortable with ima go faster tho but yea so l keep you updated
That's great news hon. I was sure hoping you could get subscribed today and and you also got your therapy hooked up too so that is wonderful. You are on your way now and your life is going to get considerably more stable. Your new baby says " Thank you Daddy for wanting to bring me into your safe world where I know you will love and take care of me "

I couldn't be happier for ya. Way to go !! <3

@Pumpkin2021 ^^^^^ also no the kratom didn’t do anything for me yesterday idk if I just took it to often or the withdrawals just got stronger and it couldn’t help but yea
That's ok honey....you don't need it any more now. Put it in the cupboard for another day.

How many mgs. of sub does he have you on daily?

They put you on Suboxone for 15mg of Methadone for 10 months?? How much? I'm scared of the answer.

That's ok honey....you don't need it any more now. Put it in the cupboard for another day.

How many mgs. of sub does he have you on daily?
@Pumpkin2021 Thank you very much and they have me on 8mg a day but I am only taking 2mg a day I found that works fine 8 is to much ima get to a half milligram then stop

They put you on Suboxone for 15mg of Methadone for 10 months?? How much? I'm scared of the answer.
Yea well also fentanyl and other opiates but yea when I stopped I was only on like 9mg of methadone and they prescribed me 8mg of subs a day

@Pumpkin2021 Thank you very much and they have me on 8mg a day but I am only taking 2mg a day I found that works fine 8 is to much ima get to a half milligram then stop
Good for you for not taking the full 8. And I'm glad you are just on 2 and can taper yourself down gradually. Plus you can stockpile some in the cupboard for the future since he prescribed you too much to begin with. So I am happy for ya. How's the wife and her pregnancy going?

Have you started therapy yet? How do you like it?

Good for you for not taking the full 8. And I'm glad you are just on 2 and can taper yourself down gradually. Plus you can stockpile some in the cupboard for the future since he prescribed you too much to begin with. So I am happy for ya. How's the wife and her pregnancy going?

Have you started therapy yet? How do you like it?
Yea true that I’m just going to save the extra just incase or if anybody else is hurting I can help them. And my girlfriend is doing really good and the baby in her tummy we find out the gender June 1st I thought it was sooner but I was confused and no I haven’t started therapy yet my gpa said he would help me set it up tomorrow but I’ll definitely let you know how that goes and keep you posted on everything! I hope you having a good day! Much love as always!

Yea true that I’m just going to save the extra just incase or if anybody else is hurting I can help them. And my girlfriend is doing really good and the baby in her tummy we find out the gender June 1st I thought it was sooner but I was confused and no I haven’t started therapy yet my gpa said he would help me set it up tomorrow but I’ll definitely let you know how that goes and keep you posted on everything! I hope you having a good day! Much love as always!
I am having a good day and much love back to you. So happy you and your girl are doing so well. And my birthday is June 2nd so knowing whether you are gonna have a boy or girl will be a nice birthday present.

Glad you are getting your therapy all set up and have fun and be honest. They won't judge and the more honest you are the better they can guide you.

When you find out the baby's gender, let me know what kind of names you and your girl have been talking about. Have a good weekend hon. <3

@Pumpkin2021 Can kratom cause physical dependency or is it just a mental thing?

I know it's a bit late, but yes, kratom does cause physical dependence as it is an opioid (hits the same receptors, but as a partial agonist). But if you don't take it for too long you should be okay

I am having a good day and much love back to you. So happy you and your girl are doing so well. And my birthday is June 2nd so knowing whether you are gonna have a boy or girl will be a nice birthday present.

Glad you are getting your therapy all set up and have fun and be honest. They won't judge and the more honest you are the better they can guide you.

When you find out the baby's gender, let me know what kind of names you and your girl have been talking about. Have a good weekend hon. <3
Alright awesome and you have a good weekend aswell! We are thinking we will probably have a girl and we would name her Noelle we need to think of boys names tho but yea I will let you know.

Yea well also fentanyl and other opiates but yea when I stopped I was only on like 9mg of methadone and they prescribed me 8mg of subs a day
That is an absolutely LUDRICROUS dose of bupe for 9mg of methadone. My god these fucking doctors.

Probably wringing his hands in the back room muttering "heh heh heh we got another one cuffed"

That is an absolutely LUDRICROUS dose of bupe for 9mg of methadone. My god these fucking doctors.

Probably wringing his hands in the back room muttering "heh heh heh we got another one cuffed"
Oh shit do you know what roughly and appropriate dose would be compared to the 9mg methadone I’m just curious though I’m not taking the full dose he gave me only a few mg a day 8 seemed high to me aswell

1mg of bupe would be plenty at that dose. 2mg max. But hey you can always just take a lot less and then you'll end up with lots of extra bupe. You don't have to take the whole dose they give you, just because they give it to you.

Honestly bupe is insanely potent and it is almost always massively overprescribed. In fact above 2mg, bupe becomes less recreational, it has to do with its inverse agonist properties, which become more pronounced above 2mg.

Oh shit do you know what roughly and appropriate dose would be compared to the 9mg methadone I’m just curious though I’m not taking the full dose he gave me only a few mg a day 8 seemed high to me aswell
Yes, 8mg of sublingual bupe is generally said to be equal to roughly 60mg of oral methadone. At least that's what they used to tell us. So if you're taking 9mg of methadone (let's call it 10) that would be roughly 1.3mg of bupe. And I personally think even that is a bit overkill. But don't mind me, I hold a life long grudge against Suboxone.

Probably wringing his hands in the back room muttering "heh heh heh we got another one
I agree with you 100%. I have chronic pain and have played the pain mgmt game. You really can't just do what they
say, without doing some research of your on your own. Before you know what's happening you're in a giant hole
and it's really hard to climb out