• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[NBOMe Subthread] Laying Blotter

Well if you're working to saturation and you know you've got 1mg per x ml of solution, that paper that gets saturated with x amount of solution isnt going to out of nowhere end up with 5x the substance on it.

Most blotter paper in the us comes from one source. That being said they can hold between 10-13 ml of solution on a 900 hit sheet. Dissolve proper amounts of both complex and 25-x into 10-13ml solvent (ethanol hot) then get a brownie tray from walmart that should leave a small gap but should fit the paper pretty snug. then take fine tipped syringe and slowly evenly distrbute the liquid being conservative as to avoid hotspots. This is how I did it when i worked with the nbombs!

so your saying you make the solution, put it in a syringe, and squirted it on the paper in no particular order, but while still being conservative enough to avoid hotspots?

Imo the paper should be saturated either way, so the syringe is pointless other than a means of saturating the paper. Even distribution is achieved by the saturation.. not by the method of saturation. As far as being conservative to avoid hotspots I have no idea what that means, but I do know if you're not soaking the paper entirely and leaving dry spots, you are going to end up with leaching and dead and hot spots..

Just think about it.

Imo the paper should be saturated either way, so the syringe is pointless other than a means of saturating the paper. Even distribution is achieved by the saturation.. not by the method of saturation. As far as being conservative to avoid hotspots I have no idea what that means, but I do know if you're not soaking the paper entirely and leaving dry spots, you are going to end up with leaching and dead and hot spots..

Just think about it.
The syringe is pointless unless you are using it to dose separate individual hits of blotter. In that case it would work and not be able to spread through the paper to other hits. The method your commenting on from the poster above, is not a safe way to do it and you are absolutely right. In this situation the syringe is not doing anything. You might as well laid it properly. But, areas of higher and lower concentration will exist if you don't soak it properly. But, it is not uncommon for someone inexperienced or laying their first page to "dip" the paper in and for it to visibly (until its dry) have areas of dryness and extreme saturation. It wouldn't surprise me if the blotter laid by the above poster had some areas of higher potency and areas of lower potency.

Wouldn't surprise me at all either. You don't even need to actually do the experiment, just the thought experiment should provide you with enough clues to the foolishness of that method. Sure you'll end up with blotter soaked with substance, but it wont be anywhere near what you intended and it will be all over the damn place.

Maybe the whole "if you can't figure it out dont do it" is a bad way to go about this, because dudes who think they can figure it out (when they really can't) go and try anyway..

To add to this, for your blotters to be soaked evenly you need to know the retention volume of your paper. Firstly, you must weigh the dry paper (I don't think a 0.001g scale will do because they only go up to 20mg most of the time). Then, you must soak it with the solvent you want to use, pick it up by a corner and let it drip for a while so that only the absorbed solvent is on there. Weigh it again and the difference in weight will be the amount of solvent your paper holds.

To get it to soak properly you need to use a zip-lock bag that's a bit larger than your sheet, pour in your solution (should be slightly more than the blotter holds, so that you're sure it's saturated fully), seal it with as little bit of air possible remaining and then place it on a level horizontal surface for a few minutes. After it's soaked then you'll need to dry it, like you would when developing film. This is the technique Oswley himself used :)

Not sure if it's good to share this, because it will be misused, but the information is out there on the internet anyway. It's only in the spirit of harm-reduction to share it in this thread

When developing film, if I can recall back to my high school photography classes, we hung our photo paper with clothespins from a line.. I wouldn't think that to be the best way to dry out a blotter due to gravity and what not. Personally, while I've never done it, I would lay the sheet flat on some sort of mesh like a cookie rack.

I don't see what the point of using a ziplock and sealing out all the air is. Just get a dish that's nearly the same size, or make one if you have the means. Either way, preparation is the name of the game. Make sure everything is in order before you start anything.

Yeah, totally meant something else than developing film. I can see the thing what I was aiming at in my mind's eye, but can't give it a name. Thanks for clearing that up.

Not sure why Owsley used a zip-lock bag but I'm sure he had a use for it.

When developing film, if I can recall back to my high school photography classes, we hung our photo paper with clothespins from a line.. I wouldn't think that to be the best way to dry out a blotter due to gravity and what not. Personally, while I've never done it, I would lay the sheet flat on some sort of mesh like a cookie rack.

I don't see what the point of using a ziplock and sealing out all the air is. Just get a dish that's nearly the same size, or make one if you have the means. Either way, preparation is the name of the game. Make sure everything is in order before you start anything.

I agree. I am not sure why he hung them like photos. From my experience that would work fine although the plastic bag method seems a little odd. Interesting none the less. I actually, dont think I have heard about bear doing that. I use a rack that gets even air flow through it and lay all the pages out flat to dry. Does not take too long as we have been in some peculiar situations and needed to rush. But, a full day to work the whole thing is ideal.

I'm not sure if gravity is stronger than the flow force of the paper pulling on liquid absorbed (yea yea via adsorption i know) in it. But to be sure I would always hang blotter to dry suspended horizontally over 2 wires.

@Livinginthealps and others: you do agree though that it is better harm reduction to try and prevent people from kludging with it on their own - to step in when people say that they are planning to lay blotter and they obviously need to be corrected?
I guess the genie is out of the bottle now anyway although we can always decide to try and moderate away anything resembling a tek...

Everyone is going to claim that they won't sell it as LSD, it is pretty pointless to try and argue about it - we won't know. Some of them are lying, some of them speaking the truth.

I just don't know that forbidding discussion really prevents anyone from doing this if they are a little bit determined and capable. But I am always open to suggestions for better policy even if staff holds the final decisions.

It would be painstakingly complex if we would allow only corrections to be posted as replies but not full procedures. And even that wouldn't prevent determined and capable people from achieving this, whatever their intentions are. It would only be a filter for the less capable... maybe it would help if we wouldn't make it too easy.
That is in theory. I'm not sure if that kind of modding can be expected from staff, although novel developments in drug HR may call for novel policy and moderation. We do have the "RCs on blotter" thread that is also under special supervision, because there is a special and recurrent issue with that as well.

There is honestly instruction on bluelight on how to lay Nbome blotter? ICK, Yes harm reduction yada yada, however this is just going to be used by ignorant folk who just want to make money.

How does one calculate whether those cases of NBOMe's being laid on blotter and sold as LSD (resulting in potential harm) weigh up to the people who are legitimately looking for a method to use their NBOMe more safely than they could achieve without help? (Taking into account that denying and suppressing those people often won't cause them to just give up. With various associated consequences.)

@Livinginthealps and others: you do agree though that it is better harm reduction to try and prevent people from kludging with it on their own - to step in when people say that they are planning to lay blotter and they obviously need to be corrected?
Imho, the whole thread should be deleted. I do not understand why the mods (you included) have let it come this far. We all know very well that there is NO OTHER REASON for laying blotter except commercial distribution and I don't give a flying fuck WHAT people sell the hits as or what intention they claim to have. This should NOT be allowed on bluelight, (a harm reduction forum directed towards users) just like we should not allow a "how to properly cut fentanyl" thread. This does not serve harm reduction in any way and the thread will be read by thousands of lurkers. I'm actually a bit let down by the staff here, especially when considering how much petty shit has been closed before.

Regarding your last post, Solipsis: The thing is, I personally know very well that none of what we are able to read here is actually safe advice. We either go for a full-blown tek that focusses on every little detail that can be messed up by these morons (excuse me) OR we decide that this sort of discussion does NOT belong to bluelight, just like we do not allow synthesis discussion (even if people who have set their mind to it blow their sorry asses up).

I don't like this at all and you mods should have a long talk about it if you asked me. In a worst case scenario, this shit might mean some legal trouble in the long run anyway because:

This is advice for MANUFACTURING a street product and every court in the world will agree to that, just like pressing pills is manufacture!!! No one lays blotters for himself and his 3 friends. I strongly urge you to delete the whole fucking thing.

Last edited:
I agree, there's no reason for this information to be here. Anyone who really is doing it for personal use and has a modicum of common sense can already figure out on their own how to do it - measure out a single liquid dose and drop it on a piece of paper and let it dry. Whereas anyone who is trying to make up dozens/hundreds of doses all at once is obviously doing it for purposes of distribution.

I have to agree. When you get down to it yeah, there is absolutely no need for a single person to lay an entire sheet unless for distribution.

Even if it were simply among friends, even laying individually one by one you could make a shitload, easily enough to distribute to a group of friends for an evening..

Please mods, stop this madness and delete the thread...

Look man I want blotters for me nasal admin is too fast ofa come upi got a question it's not like I'm trying to lay a whole fucking sheet man and if you can't contribute to the thread don't post at all