• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nauseous on come up (all psychs)

There is also a school of thought that you shouldn't fight the nausea, that it's a healthy part of the process, and can be a purgative reflex that allows also a kind of metaphysical purge. This attitude seems really common in the ayahuasca ceremony crowd. There could be something to it. In my opinion, we are the masters of our own destiny, so if the purgative experience is something you seek, go for it, if you want to skip it, that's cool too.

I've never sought out a purgative experience, but if it ever comes while tripping I try to embrace it fully and it has always been a positive experience afterward. The only exception is if I overdose on something like m or g the overstimulation can cause me to purge but I definitely don't get the same positivity from those, so it must be a psychedelic thing

When I started tripping, I would get really nauseous/sick on the come-up of most of them (mushrooms only a little though, and LSD not at all). I remember the first times I did 2C-I, and 2C-E, and 2C-T-2, and AMT, I would feel horrible and puke a dozen times and have a period of time where I wished with everything I had that I hadn't taken this poison... then the come-up would end and I'd enjoy the rest of the trip, but sometimes I'd still experience some lingering body malaise for the whole trip.

As I got more trips under my belt and the years went on, I started feeling less and less of that. For years now, I have felt basically no nausea or body malaise whatsoever from psychedelics. I took 2C-I again a couple of years ago after a long time of not taking it, and I never even got slightly uncomfortable or nauseous or shitty-feeling at any point during the come-up or the trip. I can even take AMT now and only get a bit of a sour stomach. I don't know what changed. The only things I can think of are that maybe my gut 5-HT3 receptors have been beaten into senselessness by all the psychedelics I've done (I had a period in 2006-2008 where I took psychedelics probably 3 times a week on average and the lack of side effects started then and has never disappeared), or else the nausea and body malaise were brought on by disorientation from the transition from sober to tripping (nowadays the transition feels very smooth and doesn't take me by surprise).

When I did used to get nauseous, what would help was laying down. Also my ex taught me a trick she uses that surprisingly really helps me to this day if I get nauseous: press your thumb firmly into your wrist, on the underside, just below where the bones and cartilage of your wrist are, in the center. There's a sort of depression there between two tendons that run up your arm. Press and hold it firmly (also lay down). For me, almost immediately I notice a significant lessening of the urge to throw up and if I hold it and lay down for a few minutes, my stomach will settle.

Back in university, I used to get high with my ex-monk cousin.
we always agreed that "nauseousness was next to godliness".

The only time we ever threw up was that one night we drank too much sake - that was a holy mess!

Hmm, maybe I should do some sort of psychedelic binge to purge my tendency to purge! I could believe it's desensitization for sure, it seems to be a very particular sensation with psychs so 5ht3 might make sense.

Might try the wrist trick too, but my wrists are.. distracting, don't know how I'd react tripping