• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

NA/AA/rehab sayings that you like or hate

"It doesnt mean something til it means something"
Forgot about that one.

at this one rehab i went to .. in the womens unit.. when we would be in our closing circle..before we would say the serenity prayer we would say

"put your right foot forward for the direction that you're heading
and your left foot back for all the bullshit you're leaving behind
waaay behind
keep your heads up ladies they been down way to long,
way too long
give a little love to the addict on your left,
to the addict on your right
and the sexy little mama in the middle 'hey'"

then we would start with the 'can we please have a moment of silence...'

one time at an NA meeting when we were closing with the serenity prayer..you know how sometimes someone will start it off by saying something like "who woke us up today?" and everyone will say GOD and start the prayer

well one time i guy was like
"who put nipples on men for no reason"

i thought it was funny, def lightened up the mood. as i was usually required to be at the NA meetings , at the time didn't really go there completely on my own intention.

The worse one would be when you are talking to someone of the opposite sex and some asshole says "men help the men, women help the women."

Total cock block. If I am not doing drugs I sure as hell wanna get my dick wet.

^Sometimes it is women who pull that shit. They always tell you that it is a bad idea to hook up with someone in the program.

Fuck that shit I am all about bad ideas if I have ended up in AA or NA.

The worse one would be when you are talking to someone of the opposite sex and some asshole says "men help the men, women help the women."

Hah, I was told that by my sponsor first day we met, she made it very clear that it would be a bad idea of me to hang around the male members. Probably cause of guys like you. No offense =D. I can't say I was huge fan of the idea either, but then I wasn't exactly a success at the whole NA thing.

I kinda liked the "1 is too many, 1000 is never enough."

I like anything that's an obvious truth.

I hate most treatment programs that I've encountered though regardless of my personal problems, it was more involved.

Hah, I was told that by my sponsor first day we met, she made it very clear that it would be a bad idea of me to hang around the male members. Probably cause of guys like you. No offense =D. I can't say I was huge fan of the idea either, but then I wasn't exactly a success at the whole NA thing.

Maybe its because of women like you.... ;)

Which brings us to a whole 'nother category of these saying; the ones that discourage any sexual relationships with someone met in rehab or in 'the rooms' (another term I hate).

Two dead batteries don't start a car
You don't go to the junkyard to pick out a new car
Two sickies don't make a wellie

Which brings us to a whole 'nother category of these saying; the ones that discourage any sexual relationships with someone met in rehab or in 'the rooms' (another term I hate).

Two dead batteries don't start a car
You don't go to the junkyard to pick out a new car
Two sickies don't make a wellie

Haha. God, those are ridiculous.

I don't understand why people at AA/NA discourage hook-ups so much. It seems if two people are getting clean maybe a bit of dating would do them some good.

Lets face it, when people get clean their sex drive goes into overdrive and its a necessity to clean your pipes out.

Also a lil' bit of companionship really doesn't hurt imo. People relapse all the time. I really doubt that dating someone in recovery is going to change the odds.

^^

Well I think their theory is that during initial sobriety, you're very unstable and emotional, and any drama like a breakup or big fight for example, can easily lead you to relapse. That's why they don't advocate you have a relationship with anybody, in the program or not, for the first year.

They don't want you dating people from the program because they think because you're both addicts, you'll just end up using together.

I do think that "egomaniac with an inferiority complex" is spot-on.

The one I like to hear the most is "The speaker didn't show up, so the meeting is cancelled."

I honestly couldn't stand NA/AA meetings while in rehab.

The whole thing makes it seem like you are a weak peace of shit that needs some kind of god. And god is what is going to pull you through this. No god is not. I AM.

I was already agnostic so I was really put off. Especially the prayers. I rarely went to church in my life, ain't nobody gt time to remember all those prayers.

I got better just because I was away from my life and drug free. Had a lot of time thinking to my self, clear headed.