Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

N-Ethylamphetamine; Anyone tried it?

phase_dancer

Bluelight Crew
No doubt in response to dwindling supplies and availability of pseudoephedrine, I've heard reports that ethylamphetamine has recently become more prevalent around Brisbane. In speaking to a couple of users, the common opinion is that the product crystallises easily even when impure. I should add that one of the people in mention is able to obtain an exact determination of such a substance. When smoked the hit is reported to be stronger and quicker acting than meth.

However, both these people thought the degree and progression of psychosis was far worse with ethylamphetamine. One guy, a meth fancier, said he ended up tipping the remains down the toilet - it was that bad.

So I'm wondering if anyone has knowingly encountered this analogue. It is reported in literature, but I haven't found much on it. It is described pharmacologically as being metabolised into amphetamine in-vivo (no real surprises here) but I haven't found anything solid on toxicology yet.

I was somewhat surprised to hear this stuff was noticeably psychoactive at all without first being metabolised. I guess I'd only considered ingestion or insufflation, as I would have thought de-methylation/ de-ethylation & hydroxylation would occur rapidly via liver first pass as well as in the blood stream, leaving the similar active metabolites that occur with MDMA or amphetamine metabolism.

But when smoked, the drug obviously seems to reach it's target receptors before being snatched up by MAOB or the enzymes previously mentioned. Or maybe it is metabolised to meth at the site (de-methylation). The effect was described as being faster but much shorter lived than smoked meth, accompanied by the expected craving which was reported to be almost proportional to the difference in duration between ethyl and methyl amphetamine. No surprises there either I guess.

The real question is; how bad is this stuff? I would like to know if this was ever trailed as a pharmaceutical and if so what for and what were the outcomes of such tests? In the meantime it would be interesting to know if anyone has heard anything mentioned about Ethylamphetamine.

Ethylamphetamine is listed in Aus as a schedule 1 dangerous drug

Drugs of Dependence Regulations (Amendment)

and there is this French web translated paper but it doesn't offer much info, other than to say the substance is well resorbed through the stomach.

N-etheylamphetamine

It is also listed in Novachem's Forensics Science Standards and Steroids catalogue

Couple of corrections to my original post: ethylamphetamine is a homologue to meth, not an analogue, and the word trailed should read trialled...

Last edited:
You've got me on that one. Perhaps send a question to Shulgin. You might find out from there.......

Happy hunting

ive heard good things abotu this stuff recently. any new information anyone?

I'd say it is one for the cracky smokers. They'll think theyve got the good gear until a few hours later... If it's stuff I've tried in the past its not worth it.. Great rush, shit effects. Back to baseline in 4 hours or so with a sore back and no meth-like stimulation. Would be a good additive to combine with meth in the same crystal, people would eat it up hard.

Just to add, if the stuff I had was indeed Ethylamphetamine it was about 2 times cheaper than street "Ice" and was a yellowy to orange colour. It could of been dimethylamphetamine as well, but the crystals were very dry.
But if it's around QLD I'm sure I've tried it along the line somewhere, either sold as dry/smokeable speed or ice, and injected it.

I've never heard of this substance being around since the time of my first post but I'm aware it's being frequently discussed on other boards.

So what chemical precursor are they starting from? DMA?

@Splatt
What I've heard is that it is relatively gentle compared to regular amp. You might have ahd something else, who knows. It's being sold on the rc market...

chemical precursor? the same ketone as can be used to make meth or amp, the difference in procedure being the amine used in the final step.

i suspect i was sold this.

powder was pure white, with shiny crystals. burnt enormously to snort. (friend and myself insufflated 100mgs each approx)

effects were subtle, starting with a feeling of wellbeing and contentness that hovered just above noticeable. this led into more open emotions (subtly tho, not like the intense MDMA), as well as typical nonstop talking. the "peak" probably lasted around 6 hours i suppose, it was hard to tell as the effects were so weak. also felt hairline tingles, (which i have experienced before with proper wizz)

pupils werent especially dilated 30mins after insufflation, and maybe about an hour into it they still didnt show any signs of being affected. at this point i assumed they simply wouldnt change, however 15 hours later upon arriving home, my reflection in the bathroom mirror revealed some of the most dilated pupils in my life. this was weird as i thought the experience was very much over. the pupils remained large up till now, which is 22 hours after insufflation.

jaw clenching didnt happen really, altho tenseness was noticable at some point. also i was able to eat easily when i got home, 15 hours after dosing, however appetite wasnt very big.

its now been like 23 hours since i dosed and im not tired yet, and around 35 hours since i last slept. in 4 hours or so i plan on taking some doccylamine succinate and crashing, if all goes to plan.

hope i have helped shed some light on this new substance, that is, assuming that it was indeed what i had. but i couldnt think of anything else it could have been...(and p.s. it was originally in large, meth-like shards, which however crushed easily.)

I used to buy pink and white ethyl amphet caps in thailand b4 they made diet pills illegal a few years ago.

I only necked them as I wasnt too sure whether they had any starch etc mixed in to prevent injection. From memory it was nowhere near as smooth as good meth and the neg sides happened almost on the first try. But having said that I am a bit of a pig so it could well have been from overindulgence.