• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

my junkie brother won't take suboxone

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
just curious why? i know he doesn't want to quit but he's WDing like crazy and practically going insane and he's begging my parents to buy him a fix and they said he can have his suboxone pills he never took when he was perscribed, wouldn't that take away his withdrawls for the current time?

also how long do withdrawls last? and when do they come? if he smokes one afternoon and at the end of the night will he be WDing? or will it come the next day?

i really wanna help my bro and he's tearing my family apart and won't quit drugs and go to rehab. he's 18 so we can't force him too

He's probly hoping if he keeps refusing the subs they will cave in and get him his H or oxy or whatever. Just keep trying to help him and get him to take his subs since withdrawls can put allot of stress on the body
I wish you goodluck.

Maybe he's retarded. Google "down's syndrone".

Seriously, how should we know? Ask him.

hes bein bitchy and im tired of stuff around the house being stolen. i figured if he took subs he wouldnt be able to get high on H later, and thats why. whats the half life on subs

OK Dude.
1. Control your brother. Say to him, "Dude, take it easy, alright?"
2. Offer him a bag of a "crushed-up Subuxone tablet", saying that it Heroin. If he refuses it well then move on to option 3.
3. Force control over him. If he doesn't want to take the Subuxone, then hold him down and force-feed it to his arse.

if you get high on opiates, the w/ds (or the really bad ones) are usually relegated for when you wake up after being high the day before (not a pretty sight, wake up sweating, shaking, etc). not in all cases of course, but usually it unmanageable when you wake up the day after.

he probably just wants to get high, or wants to entertain the idea of getting high if that makes sense. if I were him, and the w/ds were as bad as you say they are and I was resorting to begging my parents to give me money for a fix I would just take the subs.

but he's 18. he thinks he knows all, and you can't change him he will only change when he wants to. it sucks to say and hear, but so true. good luck man :\

if you get high on opiates, the w/ds (or the really bad ones) are usually relegated for when you wake up after being high the day before (not a pretty sight, wake up sweating, shaking, etc). not in all cases of course, but usually it unmanageable when you wake up the day after.

he probably just wants to get high, or wants to entertain the idea of getting high if that makes sense. if I were him, and the w/ds were as bad as you say they are and I was resorting to begging my parents to give me money for a fix I would just take the subs.

but he's 18. he thinks he knows all, and you can't change him he will only change when he wants to. it sucks to say and hear, but so true. good luck man :\

thanks for the input!

Well, it's his cold turkey. Once it gets bad enough, I imagine he'll take the subs as long as no one caves and gives him $ to cop what he wants. If he's stubborn enough to go through withdrawal just to prove a point, either his habit is miniscule or he's destined to get clean anyway.

I don't know anyone who would go through real w/d's if they had subs right in front of them and no way to get anything else. Has he gone through w/d's before?

Well, it's his cold turkey. Once it gets bad enough, I imagine he'll take the subs as long as no one caves and gives him $ to cop what he wants. If he's stubborn enough to go through withdrawal just to prove a point, either his habit is miniscule or he's destined to get clean anyway.

I don't know anyone who would go through real w/d's if they had subs right in front of them and no way to get anything else. Has he gone through w/d's before?

he'll be back smoking tar tomorrow i'm sure as soon as he finds something to steal

i'm sorry to hear wht is going on but to tell you the truth... the only way hes going to take subs..; go to rehab... get clean, get on MMT or whatever is if he has the will to do it.... if your parents are really harsh they could kick him out the house, but i don't think thats a good idea at all.. coz he will end up a junky on the streeet robbing, pushing etc... i'm sure you all love him very much even though that may not be obvious atm...

Be there for him, support him, inform him, love him...

i don't know what else to say.... i don't know what else you can do...

Go online and apply to be on either "Intervention" or "Addicted". Both tv shows are on A&E I believe. Lol. In all seriousness he needs help but he can only do it if he wants too and it doesn't sound like he wants to. The only thing you and your parents CAN do is stop "providing" for him. Money/help and all that stuff. Tell him that lifestyle is something your family can no longer support. If he is willing, than you will support him through it. If not, no help AT ALL. It will be hard being strong enough to see a loved one in pain but it will be harder at his funeral. Good luck

I would seriously be very happy to have some subs. I will run out of oxy sometime tomorrow, and will be hurting real bad the next day unless I can find some more but it's real dry right now :\

i'm sorry to hear wht is going on but to tell you the truth... the only way hes going to take subs..; go to rehab... get clean, get on MMT or whatever is if he has the will to do it.... if your parents are really harsh they could kick him out the house, but i don't think thats a good idea at all.. coz he will end up a junky on the streeet robbing, pushing etc... i'm sure you all love him very much even though that may not be obvious atm...

Be there for him, support him, inform him, love him...

i don't know what else to say.... i don't know what else you can do...

we had kicked him out for a week. and he passed a test somehow to get back in the house...but hes back at stealing again...what do you guys suggest doing? kicking him out or continue to let him stay here?

This is just my opinion, but I would lay down some stern rules that if he breaks you will kick him out.
1. One more thing goes missing, and he is out. Stick to it.
2. Have him take the subs atleast for the withdrawals.

If he breaks those rules then kick him out, and if he tries to return try to get him into a halfway house or sober house.

Yeah this is your Kid brother right?, Now I understand that really Addictive behavior is hard to control and irrational, BUT, there needs to be a smack down of sorts on this one, as much as I've done drugs I've never stolen from my parents for it, now I have been through Withdrawals and IT SUCKS hardcore!, but I wouldn't steal from my friends or loved ones, for them, although I have considered robbing a pharmacy once, but I digress.....( I have 36 felonies so I have experience in that type of thing, so it's not your everyday junkie whim)
In you particular situation you have a very YOUNG /18 brother who has gotten hooked on the grandaddy of opiates early, and let me get this straight, WILL NOT take suboxone even when he is withdrawing, likely because he wants to get high on the heroin again, LAWD........ the opiate habit I have now is from using Subs recreationally haha, so Listen like I said he is your YOUNGER brother, you need to do is storm into his room, snatch him up off his bed and smack the living shit out of him, slam him down onto a table and pull out a sub, tell him to take it, if he refuses, Clock him HARD across the face one good time, and repeat "TAKE IT", if he continues to refuse, continue beating him until he either needs emergency treatment or takes the sub, that is what I would do, it is the only way to get through to some people, Violence... it sounds bad but you wouldn't beleive how many times I've had to use violence to get through to some otherwise, brick wall people. it really does work. thats my 2 cents, and if he makes you beat him into the oblivion where emergency treatment is needed,, you should put crushed up suboxone under his toungue while he is half out of it, so when he does arrive at the ER, whatever pain meds he gets won't work either lol, that'll make him think twice about disobeying you again. ....

we had kicked him out for a week. and he passed a test somehow to get back in the house...but hes back at stealing again...what do you guys suggest doing? kicking him out or continue to let him stay here?

addicts are very decietfull (sp)...and ur parents just wanted so badly for it to be true that hes clean, they just let him back in...

u kick him out, no money, no shelter, no food, no nothing...anywhere he finds to live, like a friends house, u calll there parents and tell them that he is a drug addict, no HEROIN addict, and that he steals and everything..so no1 will want him.

ur brother, he is immature, he'll grow up and fast if u do that...

its quite simple, everyone wants to find away around doin all that cuz they feel bad, dont feel bad, its for the better

You can't tell a junkie what to do. Believe me. He wants your parents to cave in and give him money (He'll steal it anyway if they don't) before going on the Suboxone because he probably knows that if he starts, it will ruin the next time he tries to get high on junk. Although I don't know if taking Suboxone just once or twice will block the effects of another opiate. That leads me to the question, would it?

Either way, theres going to be a million different solutions from a million different people, but the bottom line is an addict isn't going to stop until HE wants to or he is FORCED to, people will let themselves hit ROCK BOTTOM before they even consider quitting, and thats what taking suboxone represents to him, so your seriously going to have force this shit into this guy, fuck him up a little, to the point where he is fairly incapacitated and pour half of a well crushed powdered up sub under his tongue, that way he doesn't have a choice in the matter, DO IT, It's the ONLY way that will actually work.