• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

my junkie brother won't take suboxone

To the above 2 poster...first I can't use physical force. Last night I wrestled him to the floor (I threw no punches) and he called the police. He's so psychotic HE called the police thinking the police would side with a heroin addict > 3 completely normal/sober family members. When I told him how nuts he is for calling he took off before I got there

And we do have enough money to send him to a nice rehab, we have offered and begged and he won't do it. Says he doesn't need help. You know how junkies are. Next time he steals I'm breaking his face, idc if he calls the police.

To the above 2 poster...first I can't use physical force. Last night I wrestled him to the floor (I threw no punches) and he called the police. He's so psychotic HE called the police thinking the police would side with a heroin addict > 3 completely normal/sober family members. When I told him how nuts he is for calling he took off before I got there

And we do have enough money to send him to a nice rehab, we have offered and begged and he won't do it. Says he doesn't need help. You know how junkies are. Next time he steals I'm breaking his face, idc if he calls the police.

Might be what he needs! I don't think the police would side with a heroin addict over 3 sober family members like you said above. Hitting someone in this situation is completely justified IMHO. I wouldn't suggest a broken nose or knocked out teeth, just a few punches to the cheek.

Last edited:
Rehab isn't going to help him if he doesn't really want to quit.....He will just get high once he leaves.

^That's the truth. You aren't going to be able to make your brother quit. It sucks, but here's what would happen if you got/forced him to take the sub (I don't know your brother, but this is what mine would've done)- he would take it, he'd get whatever you get from subs (high, nauseas, dizzy, etc). Then he'd go out the next day, get some dope and do it. Seriously, subs aren't going to help him quit unless he wants to take them every day. In fact, it might be better if you just let him cold turkey (I know it's annoying), because at least then he might finish the withdrawals before getting high again and he might get some damn sense about him. I don't know about kicking him out. That won't help him quit anyway, although it might help by facilitating his hitting rock bottom. If it was my brother I probably wouldn't kick him out, but that's just me. If you catch him stealing though, a good smack in the head might be called for. The cops probably wouldn't get angry at you for hitting a heroin addict who was trying to rob you (even if he is your brother), also that's fucked up for him to call the cops on his brother. Addictions really do just have to run their course in most people, he has to want to quit or there's no long term benefit to him taking subs now.

you made a topic about wanting to try crack but you say you are a normal sober person?
but you call your kid brother a junkie ?
im sorry but i had to say something

I don't mind him living at home...typically addicts go through the whole addiction thing then finally kick the habit, but there's the ones who do it their whole life and that's what I'm worried bout. As long as he has a roof over his head at home and food when he wants it etc...then he's got no reason to want to quit.

I hate suboxone. I currently got one pill that I cut into 4ths and have been shooting a 4th of the pill a day. its weird, for like the first hour after I shoot it I feel not right. the very first one I shot too early and sent myself into big time withdrawals. it doesn't feel like that everytime, but it doesn't feel right. this is evil medicine. I'd rather have methadone.

about saying that you CAN"T use physical force is like saying you lost the battle already, hey you think that when I was being followed by a truck full of dudes and jumped out my car and shot at their windsheild that I said " oh no they'll call the police", or when I was out robbing drug dealers that I was like "oh noes they could call the cops", hell nah pickle, we do things people call the cops, you go to jail for a few hours and get back out, it's the cycle of life, sometimes you gotta take an arrest or two to get things done, you want your brother clean right, well don't be afraid to take a lump or two for it, as long as you don't break any major bones and just smash him up fairly well it'll just be a misdemeanor dude, I've had at least 20 of those, it's nothing you'll be out by dinner, just make sure you have a crushed up sub to pour under his toungue for when he's out of it from all the beating. it really is your only choice, don't be scared of him calling the cops dude, shit happens you gotta deal with it, it's just part of life, I've been arrested so many times that my record is longer than I am tall. Sometimes it's the ONLY way to get things done. think about it Mr. Pickle

OP, depending on where u live, if u punch junkies in the face for using, they wont give 2 shits....but if u live in the suberbs id refrain from doin so

this thread is pointless

its either rehab, u forcing him to quite, u kicking him out or killing him...choose one

I'm telling you put the fear of god into that muthafucka, break him doooooown then build him back up, sergeant Slaughter Style son, What in the fuck are you Eyeballing son!, Answer ME son, smack him, when he answers, I didn't give you permission to speak shut up son. literally MAKE him take that shit, if u get lucky he'll just WANT to leave lol

I also find it quite sad in the words you choose for your brother, yeah, he may be a junkie.. but hes your family, he is just a lost soul in need of direction, and your his family and its your job to direct him into the right path.

Oh yeah, how was the crack? Junkie.

about saying that you CAN"T use physical force is like saying you lost the battle already, hey you think that when I was being followed by a truck full of dudes and jumped out my car and shot at their windsheild that I said " oh no they'll call the police", or when I was out robbing drug dealers that I was like "oh noes they could call the cops", hell nah pickle, we do things people call the cops, you go to jail for a few hours and get back out, it's the cycle of life, sometimes you gotta take an arrest or two to get things done, you want your brother clean right, well don't be afraid to take a lump or two for it, as long as you don't break any major bones and just smash him up fairly well it'll just be a misdemeanor dude, I've had at least 20 of those, it's nothing you'll be out by dinner, just make sure you have a crushed up sub to pour under his toungue for when he's out of it from all the beating. it really is your only choice, don't be scared of him calling the cops dude, shit happens you gotta deal with it, it's just part of life, I've been arrested so many times that my record is longer than I am tall. Sometimes it's the ONLY way to get things done. think about it Mr. Pickle

I dont like how you glorify the thought of going to jail, I always figured it to be a bad experience and one not to boast about. With that said, I think he should help his brother, but I dont know about going to jail for him, and possibly reuining the chances at getting a good job, or whatnot.

well MCBOOGER, isn't it just gods great grace that I'm not here to do things that YOU LIKE, lol. I didn't glorify anything I just told him not to be afraid of it, BUT even if I did, what business is it of yours? hows about your read your own posts and responses and stop flicking your MCBOOGERS at mine, okay, thanks, B'bye now........