European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

[MUSIC] Favourite cover tracks ..

[video=youtube_share;ixfchZ1s47Q]http://youtu.be/ixfchZ1s47Q[/video]

Curtis version is the best but this is still fukin ill

Anyone into goregrind/guttural tech death? Probably not but... if you are, give Inhuman Dissilency's cover of Babykiller (originally by devourment) a listen.
Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt is also pretty awesome.
Or Hyponogaja's cover of Here Comes The Rain Again (Eurythmics).

Please don't touch - Motorhead w/ Girlschool (orig by Johnny and the Pirates). Nothing deep, just fun and catchy. Lemmy is too funny in this version, lol.

Also, Slip Inside this House (orig by 13th Floor Elevators), as covered by Primal Scream. Awesome, of it's time cover that still holds up today. Really transformed it into a trippy, druggy, sample heavy masterpiece. Thought the original is great, too.

New York Dolls - Pills (orig Bo Diddly). Turned it into a sleazy, sloppy, but punky, catchy mess.

Good choices. Nice to see somebody else on this forum giving the New York Dolls some love! ;)

You've made me remember that Motörhead / Girschool collaboration too, which I'd totally forgotten about.

pref no embedding, 'cept for brimz naturally, who'll do his own thing regardless ;p <3

The Pixies - Head On .... I prefer the live version than the studio version on Trompe
[

Really? I'm a Pixies fan but they butcher it. They remove all the sleaze, swagger, and even the musicianship from the song. They turn a classic seedy song about being high on speed into a an ear bashing love song. No offence. You like what you like and the worlds big enough for us all to enjoy everything. Yet I couldn't hep putting my 2 pence in. To each to their own.

Here's a few of my favourite covers but feel free to bash on them if they don't strike your fancy.

Emma originally by Hot Chocolate performed by The Sisters of Mercy

Motorhead by Motorhead/Hawkwind covered by Primal Scream

I Wanna Be Adored by The Stone Roses covered by The Raveonettes. Their cover of 'Sex Beat' by The Gun Cub is also something special to me - stripped down but still primal. They're one of the few bands following in the footsteps of JAMC with their own twist. I've seen them live a few times and they've always killed it. Underrated group, in my opinion.

Glad you did (put yer two pennuth in), and great username btw.

Loads of new users here atm, esp in this thread ... awesome stuffs.

I'll have a looksee for sisters and primal covers.

I LOVE the JAMC version of Head On too. I think I've just got an emotional attachment to the Pixies version as well due to personal reasons via mix tapes. That and they're my fave band.

My favourite cover is Plateu by the Meat Puppets played by Nirvana unplugged, awesome track

Glad you did (put yer two pennuth in), and great username btw.

Loads of new users here atm, esp in this thread ... awesome stuffs.

I'll have a looksee for sisters and primal covers.

I LOVE the JAMC version of Head On too. I think I've just got an emotional attachment to the Pixies version as well due to personal reasons via mix tapes. That and they're my fave band.

Cheers. Please do but if they're not your cup of tea, they're not your cup of tea. I apologise if I came across bullish comparing the tracks. Like you said, all songs have emotions attached to them, as well as friends, times and places. Therefore neither song is more valid than the other and we all have our own special songs. The way the Pixies are to you, are the JAMC are to me (Automatic was the soundtrack for me and my beautiful wife getting together). This doesn't make either version more valid than the other. Thanks for been cool and so open minded in the face of my short shortsightedness. :)

<3 to Trotsky

you however ....

The Mary Chain were far better than The Pixies. Fact. ;)
shush you. lol, 'Fact'.

You wouldnt be saying that if Black Francis looked good dancing semi-naked infront of a mirror.

Eh, so he can't rock the leathers and shades like the Reid boys ... non of The Pixies needed a stylist

chalk n cheese.

There's only one person who could resolve this dispute anyway, and that's janetcrow. Come out, come out, wherever you are janet ;p (I know where you are, but come out anyway, plz ) ... and tell Sam the bad news ;p

Splashh - I Get Along (Libertines Cover)

splashh.jpg

Original here

Splashh are a pretty good new band btw. Check out this track.

There's a lot to be said for rocking the leathers, y'know?

Aye, where is jancrow? I should text the fucker. Some random shite. I do that from time to time. Hope he's doing well.