Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushy season opener 2006

dialated665 said:
yea i went :Last weekend (Western Aust) and found a whopping 9 subs..... :(

But there were heaps of Look-a-likes... and the subs we were finding were by themselfs.. usually we have been finding killer big patches 40~60 strong !

It would apper that My Area has been totally raped dry and only the Shit ( Look-a-likes) have been left ( thats a good thing tho)...

Not gonna bother anymore this year.. cant wait till next year ;)

Peace Out

Dialated665

I lied... i went last Night.. Not even a Wiff of P.subs..

:|

Im sure some will pop up in the next couple of days around my patches, I will post some photos when it happens.
You really need to find the wet areas though, area's that can hold the moisture for a few days between rains...
Don't give up hope yet if you look they are still there, unfortunately it seems that many more people are hunting and completely abusing good patches though. This is what has effected most area's I know that others pick from to. Usually I leave every second flush to rot and spread spores. Others however seem to think that stomping all over the place destroying everything in the area won't effect the P. Sub.s from growing. They do need the other plant life around them for protection and moisture retention in my opinion. Its a pity really, even worse is the fact that most people I meet and talk to out picking don't seem to listen when I suggest this to them :(

^ I know it makes me SOO angry when people can't leave at least SOME mushrooms to sustain the patch for years to come. Fellow hunters on the weekend were even ripping up completely BLACKENED (ie severely decomposing) mushrooms, can someone please explain to me how anyone could be so stupid to pick mushrooms you can't eat/ print AND have lost most of their spores!?! Not to mention severely damaging patches in the process....:X

My usual patches were very appreciative of the rain last week=D, I echo endlesseulogy's comments - look into the grass surrounding where you usually pick and you may be very pleasantly suprised :)=D

Had a fair bit of rain over the last few days down here in Tassie and it has been very cold. Decided I would go for one last hunt. Only found a few for some reason. They were good sizes but not many about. My usual spots were pretty much empty. It has been under zero degrees the last few nights with extreme frosts. Does anyone know how much that may have affected mushroom growth?

As the season ends I think I will move on to acid. It seems to mess with my head less. Unfortunatly it isn't free like mushrooms and the duration can be a bit of a pain.

As This is my first season picking, ive done a heap of reasearch and gotten plenty of advice for some smart people here !

I was quite shocked to be taken to a spot by a seasoned picker, and watch him rip up the musys and the substrait in one go ! I could almost hear the Musyh scream, or was it my concience (sp?).

Anyways I use nail sissors to Cut them off, and even spore printed a heap.. mixed it up with distilled water and put in a new spray bottle, and took it down on my next hunt ! To spead the Love around !

But as I know it There are to many peoples out there with the Motto "We came We saw We Fucked everything up". So next season Hopefully i can Sucessfully transplant some Mycelium/substrait to another area ! but i got a long time to wait till i can do that, and if it works, its worth the wait !

So has anyone had any success with transplanting ?

One suggestion, try searching this thread using the box below... for "mycelium" (there are a few posts earlier in the thread that discuss this topic). There are also links earlier in this thread to previous years Mushroom megathreads... which you can also search for posts about transplanting mycelium.

BigTrancer :)

To be honest I haven't had the best of luck transplanting mycelium, depositing spores at the new and hospitable site has always proven more successful for me.

A friends theroy on this is that mycelium grows/ spreads during the warmer months, with the onset of rain and a drop of temp causing it to switch over to the pinning cycle. Hence when you transplant mycelium you are asking it to re-establish itself when all it wants to do is pin - a bit like cutting back the roots on a pot plant when it is in the middle of flowering. IF you were going to transfer mycelium possibly the better way would be to do the transfer in early spring - but then you run into all kinds of problems re making sure you have tranfered the right mycelium

Burying spores from other sites results in A LOT less damage to the exisiting mycelium, which given the growing trend for rape and pillage is a fantastic thing.

And yes mushrooms do scream when they are ripped out roots and all ;)

BigTrancer said:
One suggestion, try searching this thread using the box below... for "mycelium" (there are a few posts earlier in the thread that discuss this topic). There are also links earlier in this thread to previous years Mushroom megathreads... which you can also search for posts about transplanting mycelium.

BigTrancer :)

Shit didnt even notice that lil "Search this thread" feature !

Thanx Miss slingshot.... transplanting.. seems like a long shot, to transport to another area :\

Peace Out

Dialated665

Information copied from duplicated post:

Species info request: panaelous sphinctrinus
Spore print colour: Black

Are they phsychadelic or what?
Pic: (LINK dead?)
Panaeolus.sphinctrinus.html

Last edited by a moderator:
dialated665 said:
Anyways I use nail sissors to Cut them off, and even spore printed a heap.. mixed it up with distilled water and put in a new spray bottle, and took it down on my next hunt ! To spead the Love around !
Good work dude.

Good karma will come to you.

This one sez panaeulus sphinctrinus does have pscylocybin, but i ate around 12 fresh ones n just felt 'slow' maybe a higher dose is required?

dude, be very careful.

I am not sure if it contains any active chemicals or not, but it must be a whole lot harder to identify than your regular subs.

Be careful.

Im still seeing the occasional sub popping up in anyone actually cares this late in the season. I have never found much at this time any other year but this one is strange...

Those things aren't active theyre called hysteria mushrooms. Very slight effects if any when consumed.. some people do use them as food but yuck.. they taste like shit... they're nontoxic.

Just out of interest. I'm new to the psychadelic scene. A question. When is it best to go mushy hunting? ie weather, time of year, etc. And for those in Adelaide, what is a good place to go mushy hunting?

peace.

i found some more today...around 20 or sothey were all pretty old tho, no wet brown tops in sight...maybe if it stays cold for the rest of this week n we get a bit more rain there could be a last mush for they year, i think this could be it though :(

Attachments

• 100_1289 (medium).jpg
    100_1289 (medium).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 139