• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushy season opener 2006

^^ I wouldnt say that.. last year i was finding heaps up until the end of August.. When ur chipped patches run dry.. look for grasses

Re: Melbourne mushroom hunting

sonicnature said:
Just wondering how all the Melbournian mushie hunters are going?

I've discovered a few small patches in my usual spots but nothing spectacular as yet.

This is has been my best season yet. Found over 3kg since late april. Subs that is. Another thing this year that im finding is that i have been stumbling on so many different patches. The past couple of years i have had my primary 1-3 patches, now i have atleast 10-15 different ones that all fruit very nicely.

^^ I agree, this season has been one of or if not the most successfull hunt for years. In a park roughly 1km square I've picked in excess of 1000 in only 3 sessions. Well up on last year when I struggled.......partly due to the council diging up my precious spot.

Stupid Mushroom Hypothetical dilemma

I was picking shrooms the other day and had to go make a cow pattie of my own. There was no toilets around so i jus did it near the area i was hunting. This made me think of the hypotheticall, If it were possible for mushrooms grow out of it would I eat it, Im not sure i would, mabe i would give it to someone else n not tell them but im not sure i would. So my question to yall is
If it were possible(is it?) would you do it?

Re: Stupid Mushroom Hypothetical dilemma

dada said:
I was picking shrooms the other day and had to go make a cow pattie of my own. There was no toilets around so i jus did it near the area i was hunting. This made me think of the hypotheticall, If it were possible for mushrooms grow out of it would I eat it, Im not sure i would, mabe i would give it to someone else n not tell them but im not sure i would. So my question to yall is
If it were possible(is it?) would you do it?

haha you are not a cow, you do not eat grass, nor do you digest spores, now why you eat something growing out of your own turd?? are you japanese???

-mofo-

My patches in Auckland appear to have run dry already...anybody else having precious little luck in aucks all of a sudden?

Went for my first hunt on saturday and although I wasn't really expecting anything, I found 4 subs - woo hoo!

I can just see twominds and endless eulogy giggling to themselves about the huge volume I found, but I was happy just to confirm I was on the right track.

Initially all I was finding were two varieties that weren't any good - a yellowish type and a reddish/orange type, so I figured that other hunters had already gathered all the good ones. And as we were leaving the area I saw a little batch of four sitting quite exposed, next to the footpath. Luckily for me, however, they was a bit of dog shit around the area, which must have thrown the other hunters off (not me =D).

yea i went :Last weekend (Western Aust) and found a whopping 9 subs..... :(

But there were heaps of Look-a-likes... and the subs we were finding were by themselfs.. usually we have been finding killer big patches 40~60 strong !

It would apper that My Area has been totally raped dry and only the Shit ( Look-a-likes) have been left ( thats a good thing tho)...

Not gonna bother anymore this year.. cant wait till next year ;)

Peace Out

Dialated665

yeah went for a hunt over the weekend, Sydney is getting dry.. ended up looking in the new estates with their miles of pine trees in woodcipped areas surrounded my man made lakes, also they used to be cow pastures up until a few months ago.

-MoF0-

Too dry in melbourne. Found about 20 on saturday but they were very withered. If we dont get some very decent rain in the next fortnight im afraid the season may be over.

supposed to be getting rain and colder tempretures over the next few days so I'd say we should be returning to winter weather, which hopefully results in a season extension

Immortal Teknique said:
Too dry in melbourne. Found about 20 on saturday but they were very withered. If we dont get some very decent rain in the next fortnight im afraid the season may be over.

Same here. I've been finding a few here and there, but most have been withered.. Bring on the rain.. just a few more weeks, come on!!

went on my first ever hunt last friday with my brother. searched for about half an hour, and found about 30. the spot hadnt been picked for a few weeks thou.

i found a few nice n fresh ones today,
places exposed to lots of sun=jack all
but the wetter places still have them :D

it's raining! Proper rain too, soft but long and soaking. Heres hoping for another 4 weeks worth of season :)

hmm, went for a hunt today, inner eastern suburb. Nothing. Barely even any stropharias or the other mushrooms that like similar substrates to subs - that were quite prevalent in the same area just a couple of weeks ago.

Hopefully the rain will bring something out in the next few days, and the conditions stay mushroom friendly for a few more weeks..

Potato - its too early after yesterdays soaking rain, i'd recommend Saturday afternoon/ early Sunday morning. My patches are JUST starting to pin after yesterday's rain, another 36 hours and they'll be perfect for harvest. =D