• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Mushrooms Subthread] Potentiation by Citrus Juice

Are the effects of mushrooms stronger taken with lemon- or orange juice?

• Yes

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters
You're all idiots. Everyone knows it's cranberry juice mixed with pomegranate juice. This only works when the moon is half-full, though.

The only real way to increase the intensity of a shroom trip is to take some more shrooms! :)

corrupt_cop said:
aww man i just tried it ,, its true , im off my BEaK ! jEsUs,,,...

Of course you are... you ate mushrooms! =D

I'm sure I already posted in thread before, but in my experience, powdered mushrooms in a shot of lemon juice is a different beast.

For me the trip hits in about 10-15 minutes and is over in about 3 hours. Its most likely due to an increased peak plasma level of psilocybin/psilocin as the fruit body doesn't need to be broken down and the powdering increases the surface area of the mushrooms etc.

e1evene1even said:
I'm sure I already posted in thread before, but in my experience, powdered mushrooms in a shot of lemon juice is a different beast.

For me the trip hits in about 10-15 minutes and is over in about 3 hours. Its most likely due to an increased peak plasma level of psilocybin/psilocin as the fruit body doesn't need to be broken down and the powdering increases the surface area of the mushrooms etc.
Drinking mushroom tea has the same effect...
Very fast comeup and shorter duration.
Does that mean the lemon juice trick doesn't work? Aww... =D

Ptah said:
Drinking mushroom tea has the same effect...
Very fast comeup and shorter duration.
Does that mean the lemon juice trick doesn't work? Aww... =D

I would think it means it works at least as well as mushroom tea as a method of ingestion, which is pretty darn well ;) As far as increasing the strength 5x, I think thats a shroomery hyperbole.

There may be other advantages as many tea preparations discard the plant matter which may still contain some active material and there is also a risk for heat degradation with tea. It probably hits faster too as most people I know generally drink mushroom tea over 5-15 minutes rather than slam it like a shot.

Ismene said:
Lemon juice doesn't work but Ribena does. But be careful, it's got to be Ribena LIGHT. If you take old fashioned Ribena and mushrooms it will induce you to break wind and sneeze at the time which will make you do a backflip.

Haaa ha ha ha LMFAO

the image of someone coming up off mushrooms and perfoming flips as all orifices trumpet away, pure hilarity!!!

not done mushies in years cos i gag every time i have them, and never been that impressed with them. I was wondering, would vitamin c in the lemon juice have any negative effects on the the molecule. just as it inhibits various chemical pathways throughout the body.

Vitamin C doesn't inhibit any biochemical pathways in te way you seem to be tinking, but is essential for proper biochemical functioning.

I think you might be thinking of flavanoids which do inhibit a few cytochrome P450 enztmes

demons said:
You're all idiots. Everyone knows it's cranberry juice mixed with pomegranate juice. This only works when the moon is half-full, though.

That is a delicious and healthy combo, *looks at half full moon* damn, and I have none to spare at the moment...

so...

Since this thread seems to be active and this question is kind of on topic, I'll ask here. Is Deprenyl a legit potentiator for shrooms, particularly 4-ACO-DMT?

i took magic mushrooms last night with lemon/lime

Ok, Ive tried liberty caps about 10 times, i usually take 50 each time.
Last night I bought 500 liberty caps for £40 :) me and 7 other people had 300 between us and we swallowed them with lemon/lime water.
It was the first time ive done it with lemon/lime and I know it intensifies the trip. Trust me people, It was intense and amazing :) i have 200 left for tonight and we will be taking them with lemon again for sure! I know its better having them with hot water and stuff, cause thats what i usually do, however last night we were unable to do so. But it was fucking incredible. Lemon/lime does intensify it, trust me its not bollucks. Its true! peace

i wouldnt say intensify. some say it makes the shrooms more edible/palatable, some say it helps their digestion (being a bit acidy), some feel less nauseaus.

personally ive found no influence on the trip with any citrusy fruit (neither intensity nor length wise).

.... they are very tasty though :D one of the best to enjoy...

I'd say yes it does intensify - it has done that for me every time. It could be coincidence but I don't think so. The most intense trips I've had were with mushrooms blended in orange or multi juice.
Whether there is truth to the theories that the acidity converts esters like psilocybin to psilocin by diluted acid catalyzed hydrolysis or that any tryptamine is absorbed more efficiently in differently ionized form has AFAIK not been confirmed.

I suggest you try it and find out for yourself. If you're up for it that is. :)

I've tried it before, one time I did shrooms I took sunny d lol Idk if it intensifed it though since it was my first time doing it I didn't really know the effects. I've heard it intensifys, it just makes the trip longer, and it doesn't do anything. I've also heard you have to use grape juice not orange but Idk. I'll just try it again I guess :)

The grapefruit juice thing is something different. There are coumarines in that which inhibit certain enzymes responsible for some drug metabolism (DXM is one example). But I think with mushrooms there are MAO and tryptamine-N-methyltransferase that handle that so people might be confused there.